Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

What's really funny is I was telling P about how you guys bought a house. He was like ":neutral: well, that's nice". Then I went on to tell him about your rent-worthy speeches etc and he was literally all scrunchy faced and about to say how renting is shit, until I added that you live in Calgary.

Then he was like "Ahhhh! Fair enough then!!!!!" :rofl: Made me chuckle.

Congrats miss rentypants!!! Exciting!!
And omg no dishwasher?!? How have you survived?!

Congrats miss rentypants!!! Exciting!!
And omg no dishwasher?!? How have you survived?!

Well, it was touch-and-go at the best of times, Melissa, and many the day I contemplated simply hurling the crockery out the back door rather than scrubbing it yet again. :cry: :dishes: :cry: It became the bane of my existence and probably my breaking point as a housewife.
Let's just say that you could have handed me a mansion last week for $1 and if it was dishwasher-free, I would have told you very rudely where to go. :nope: Shocking state of affairs.
Do you know that I have never ever lived in a house with a dishwasher? My cruel parents bought one the year I left home, and all my subsequent housing situations were dishes-by-hand. Including this place.
I'm surprised I survived, really. I almost died several times of dishpan hands. :nope:

Oh congratulations on the house Sarah! That's wonderful news. Sounds like your dream home :)

How was everyone's weekend? We didn't do much exciting...just some housework, lawn mowing and grocery shopping.

Jack's rash is over but still has diarrhea. Back to basics of breastmilk and the occasional small bowl of plain rice cereal or apple & banana puree. And it's still ongoing!

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. Just dizzy and my stomach hurts like I'm either getting the northend flu or the southend flu :( FFS! Never going to end. I hope Jack is a good boy for me today. Will be lots of camping out on the couch during naptimes I think. Think I'll even try for a nap myself at some point.

Maggs, I'm sorry you're both feeling sick. I hope it goes away soon.

Congrats on the new dishwasher and house Sarah!

:hugs: Maggs sorry to hear you are sick again :( You and Jack have really had it rough the last few weeks

Our weekend was good. Got some baby stuff done--still have more to do of course but we're getting close!

Yea we really have! Was a bit f***ed off today too cause of all things, I sat waiting around for a delivery for my nightmare in-laws and finally at 1:30, I told my husband the hell with it, I'm going to nap with Jack and I don't care if the delivery comes! So we laid in bed for nearly 2 hours. Don't know how much I slept but at least I rested. Feel no better though.

You know Sarah---I never had a dishwasher growing up, well unless you count me! haha When DH bought this house it had one in it, but I don't know how much I'd miss it if it were gone. I tend to still wash loads of stuff by hand, like all the pots and pans and Jack's dishes and bottles. DH on the other hand just chucks everything in!

Maggs, we went through several rounds of gastro bugs this winter - it really is miserable! :( Two things that I did find really helped (once you can keep food down) were lots of yogurt (make sure it's got a good probiotic load - helps to replace all the good bacteria in your gut) and chamomile tea (has compounds in it that help reduce inflammation in the intestine). And both of those things are safe for baby, too.
Hope you guys feel better soon!

So, house inspection went well. He found a few minor things, but certainly no deal breakers. And we should have our financing approval finalized this afternoon. Almost there.

We went along for the inspection and both husband and I are even more excited by our cute little house now! I can't wait to get my hands on that garden! :)

Oh lovely Sarah! Are you able to put up a link to the house? Or maybe you'd rather not for privacy sake. I'm so happy for you! The boys will love getting out in the backyard now that the weather is heading towards spring. I guess maybe a big swing set will be the next purchase?? :)

Maggs, when I take possession, I'll take a few pics and post them for you guys, but yeah, otherwise, I will have basically posted my exact address and the entire layout of my house if I post a link. Probably not the smartest idea! :)

Glad that the home inspection went well Sarah! :mrgreen:

:hugs: Maggs, I would have been upset to! Glad you got some rest.

sarah, you really need to post pics!!!!!!!! or the mls link!!!!! I love looking at houses :D

I never had a dishwasher growing up either. I actually dont care that much about it now... especially since we'll have 3 kids to disperse dishwashing duties upon LOL

Joss, I'll definitely post pics when we take possession. :)
Just way too much personal info on the very public web if I post the mls link.

Oh my god, Joss! You are viable! And almost in the double digit countdown! Holy smokes that was quick! :shock:
Remember you are my guinea pig, so .... thoughts so far? Has the third pregnancy been the roughest or are you a veteran now? :)

3rd pregnancy has been the worst hahaa.... work screwed me over and refused light duties so now im on my way to sick leave EI... Not impressed with any of it.

Yay Sarah if you need help lugging boxes to the new place let me know.

Joss that sucks about work... currently on medical leave and it sucks. Forgot to report, didn't get paid last week :dohh: So if you have to do that, alwayssss be on time!

Ryder--FFS that's crap! Does that mean your year of mat leave starts now or when your baby is born? I don't know what it's like back home as never had a baby in Canada before.

Sarah--Yea I figured you wouldn't want to post the mls link. Don't blame you! You'd probably have a lot of trick or treaters at your door this Halloween though LOL

Okay, parenting question here--what did you all do when your babies were little to get them to sleep in the crib or nap? Jack naps in my arms or sometimes we can put him down if we're lucky. Or he'll sleep in the bed if I nurse him lying down. And at nights, we just put him bed nodded off but then he wakes sometimes a dozen times between then and midnight! Sometimes he'll go off on his own and other times he'll need a pat or even worse, picked up and settled. Which makes trying to go to bed early a nightmare! Do I dare ask if any of you tried any sleep training? I can't imagine letting him cry it out. I let him cry if his eyes are still shut and he's just fussing but I don't think I could take 30 mins+ of hysterical crying. Breaks my heart just thinking about it. We just want to encourage him to settle himself a bit better.

Thanks Tasha, I dont have to report though... When I filled it all out last night there was a section when you apply for sick leave/matleave/parental leave altogether you can have the reporting waived because apparently.... It is way different then when I applied for matleave with Peyton haha.

I am not sure how your amount of hours affects each claim. I will have to take my doctors certificate in to the gov building so im going to ask the worker there about the hours, I am not sure I have 600 hours for each claim, im not sure if you are off due to pregnancy related circumstances if your amount of hours can be less. I was only back to work for 8.5 months... So im guessing I have around 800-900 hours.

Technically though, you can take up to 15 weeks sick leave, plus get your 50 weeks of maternity leave.

Maggs- im not sure about your guys sleep issues :shrug: I know my kids were both more tricky to get to nap too. I used to have to wait until they were asleep before I put them down... In the beginning they would only have short naps but eventually they were able to be put down asleep and sleep for a nice long nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->