Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Maggs - and I bet they threw up 10x as much as you did and were much much sicker. Death's door, of course! :rolleyes:

So I just spent 24 solid hours with penguins over the past three days and I could cheerfully go back for more. What wonderful birds. Love love LOVE!!!!

I have tomorrow "off" (except for that small thing of taking care of two energetic children), and am thinking I might go hunt me down some smaller boxes so that I can start packing some of the knick knacks and books.
Woohoo!!!!! We're moving!!!! I am calm and dignified and then I think about all that extra space and dishwasher (sigh :cloud9:) and I start cheering! :happydance:

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter! :)

Oh, and Maggs - meant to say, come out to Calgary and do an elephant bathtime program. It is just as awesome as it sounds! :)

:rofl: Oh Maggs that's pretty funny. They shouldn't have inconvenienced you with you and Jack being so sick anyways!

Glad you enjoyed your days at the zoo Sarah! You really make me want to go to the zoo--it's been a while since we've gone.

not much on tap here for the day. I have some arts & crafts that I haven't gotten around to doing yet--maybe we'll do those this morning

You must be so excited Sarah! When we moved it was a lot of work, but SO worth it! I love our first house (we rented before). I'm so glad we bought big enough for three kids even though we only intended on two, because I don't want to move for a long time.

I'm having a great weekend. The weather has been gorgeous and we've hung out in people's backyards every day so far and yesterday we even went on a hike. Shawn and I each wore a baby and I even manage to bfeed while hiking :thumbup:

And here's a pic of my girls' first Easter - 12 weeks old today!
https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/SAM_1531.jpg

Amanda - I think it's really sinking in and I am getting pretty stoked! :) and :thumbup: on the hiking and BFing! Nice one! :)

Your girls are so sweet Amanda! I'm still amazed you manage to bf twins and have a toddler in the house too!! You must have your hands full.

Sarah--I'd love to come out west sometime. I've got family in Edmonton and Surrey, BC and we have family friends in Calgary. They used to live in Okotoks, can't remember where they are now.

Well today was an epic fail! Spent all day trying to get Jack to nap in his crib with no luck. Well he slept a grand total of 37 minutes since 6:10am! *sigh* Will try again tomorrow, but I can already see what's going to happen. I'll feel bad, horrible, guilty, etc and end up holding him for naps again just so I can cuddle him till I rid myself of the horrible guilty Mom feelings! Tried everything and he was having none of it. My poor ickle boy! Spent all day in tears together. I see how why I've given this up several times before.

Hands full? Yes! But I am actually really enjoying it most days, especially since they're mostly sleeping through the night now. I've got tons of energy now that I'm not pregnant and getting decent sleep!

that's awesome that they are sleeping so well Amanda! :yipee: And the picture is adorable (sorry can't remember if I commented or not earlier--pregnancy brain :blush:)

:hugs: Maggs--that is the reason Hannah slept in her bouncer for one nap until she outgrew the darn thing and I had no choice but to put her in her crib :rofl:

White noise + swaddling + rocker recliner = how I get Joni to sleep :)

Amanda I love how their arms are linked in the pic... So cute!

We had a "mommy and me" photoshoot today. Joni was perfect, Alia.. Not so much!! Doubt we got many good ones with her. She just wanted to explore the place and sit on every single prop chair they had :dohh:

I've tried it all unfortunately! I've said I'd commit to at least 3 days of trying it as they say 3 days to break a habit but nothing is working and as each missed nap goes by, he's more overtired and overstimulated and really can't doze off so it's just getting worse and worse. He was hysterical! :(

So sorry to hear that Jack has such a hard time sleeping Maggs.

Well we made some minor progress today! Morning nap, I let him cry longer. It was horrible! Left him about 5 mins or so at a time. After about 20 mins of fussing and 20 mins of hard crying, he fell asleep after I went in and rubbed his back for a few seconds. He was nearly there anyway, just needed a little helping hand. Slept for about 45 mins. Then this afternoon, same thing but went to sleep after only 8 mins of crying and a back rub! He wouldn't go late afternoon but I only wanted him to have 20 mins or so anyway just to carry him through to bedtime. So after a few mins of crying, I picked him up and he promptly fell asleep in my shoulder so brought him back downstairs and put him on the couch while I got supper started.

Also took him to the health visitor today and he's 1/2 oz less than he was 2 weeks ago so obviously lost a little weight after his diarrhea & Roseola.

Tomorrow's a new day! But he needs his fingernails clipped, so he'll have to nap-nurse at some point so I can do it. Yay! haha I miss it already :(

Hope you're all having a good day!

Sorry about the cio, maggs! I did find Peyton was alot harder to get into a good sleep routine, for both bed and nap and cio was our only option as well.... boys just seem to be really clingy that way! But if you stick to it (which is heartbreaking) it usually doesn't last very long and they turn out to get into a really good routine as a result.

:hugs:

I bloody well hope so. My poor little guy. He's such a snuggle bum too. Oh, forgot to say earlier I watched the 2nd GoT episode yesterday. Last scene gave me goosebumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->