Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I actually think its pretty silly... our yard is more then big enough to have a couple laying hens but we couldn't/

Sarah- we went to the zoo today but the line up for the penguins was too long for a hyped up 18month old.

We have pets 3 cats and a dog. Im not in the mood to get any more. I struggle just to give the attention to my dog at the moment.
I totally understand Amanda, twins are way more time consuming. I couldn't imagine having twin and being sane at the same time and then add a small toddle. You're a super mom!

For easter we bought those plastic eggs and we are putting hair accessories inside. Plus my husband is making Vietnamese soup. (ya I know?)

The soccer party sounds so cool Tasha!

I think Anna and I have pink eye. Her eye has been watering for a couple of days. I figured it was from her cold but now I have it. :(

wish us luck in the first night of J in her own bed in her own room :wacko: if you don't hear from me tomorrow - im probably trying to get a nap in :haha:

Sorry about the pink eye Sandra :hugs: bummer

Tasha congrats on the soccer party that sounds awesome!!

I wish I lived near you Sarah Alia would love coming to see the penguins!

Re: pets. We got a cat when Nathan and I first moved in together (I begged him and finally he surprised me with one!) she was the cutest thing ever and I loved her. Then fast forward three years and we're bringing Alia home from the hospital.. Cat suddenly not so cute... Actually it's quite dirty and disgusting :lol: we had to keep our bedroom doors closed or else she would sleep on our pillows and clean herself and leave nasty stuff, plus she had a perma cold and would snot all over the place :sick: now fast forward to this past Christmas... The cat disappears. Nathan is sad, Alia is indifferent, I'm secretly relieved. Moral of the story: we're not getting another pet for a long time!!
(hm I sound pretty evil eh? :lol:) I keep having dreams that the cat comes back and I'm always really annoyed and disappointed in my dreams :haha:

I am really wanting a dog today. REALLY.

The house we are moving into, I could have a dog, but I wont be living there long. Probably just the one year, maybe two MAX? and then what? Its so hard to find rental property where I can have a dog. BUT I REALLY WANT ONE. GAHHHHH.

My one cat died a couple days before H was born, and I had pregnancy meltdown. Like I WAILED full throttle on the floor. Then H was born, and I gave my other cat away lol. "Here ya go" Wasn't sad at all...

Now I hate cats. They seem so disgusting and rodent like. Sorry to the cat lovers out there lol. I used to be a cat person when I had cats.

Wendy there is a law here (might just be Ontario) that legally landlords can't prevent you from having an animal :shrug: Though I do see lots of places that say no pets. :shrug: It is harder to find a rental property when you have an animal I think.

wish us luck in the first night of J in her own bed in her own room :wacko: if you don't hear from me tomorrow - im probably trying to get a nap in :haha:

Good luck!! That will be me in a couple weeks! I found Helena slept a billion times better once I moved her into her own room. It was AMAZING.

Wendy there is a law here (might just be Ontario) that legally landlords can't prevent you from having an animal :shrug: Though I do see lots of places that say no pets. :shrug: It is harder to find a rental property when you have an animal I think.

I don't know about here? I know the landlord here is allergic so doesn't want any dander at all in the house. I just want a lovable ol mutt lol

Of course watching Ol Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows lately, hasn't helped lol

I guess they are trying to pass a by-law in TO to allow people to have chickens there.

I really don't know if it is an ON law or not in regards to the pets, I want to say it is. Anyways the only reason I know about it is from when we were looking for this place I had several realtors tell me it (when we raised our concerns in regards to the cats)

I think the bylaw for chickens in town here is min 2 acres.

I'm not really a huge cat lover but they serve a purpose; I hate mice even more lol... And before we got our cat we had a huge mouse problem.

I love our dog and I LOVE watching Eric and Skadi together... Edward and Skadi pretty much just ignore each other :haha:

Haha ya melissa it was bad... We even had moles, like seriously one night a fricken mole wandered across my living room floor.

Terri- peyton and our dog are way more attached as well, peyton loves hugging dude, its adorable.

Maggs meant to say your inlaws sound like great guests :lol: I can't believe the nerve some people have, even if I had a thought in my head about my son/DIL, I would filter it ya know?? :wacko:

ANDREW WANTS CHICKENS TOO!! I can't do it, lol. Wouldn't they be messy and loud? Not currently legal in Hamilton but they are trying to change that bylaw. I want another cat. Andrew wants a dog. I am not picking up dog poo. I know he will be a pain about it, so no dog. Gina is a pretty good cat, but once they outgrow being kittens, I find they are sort of boring creatures (as much as I love em!)... Gina catches mice for us too (and other small animals- birds, squirrels)

Sandra, hope you don't have pink eye.. :(

Chickens are fantastic.

I can't wait to live on an acreage.

OMG I just laughed so hard at a MOLE being in your living room haha I know its not funny, but I pictured a cartoon mole with glasses on

Tasha, so glad to hear that Andrew's grandmother is improving :)

We went to our neighbor's Easter egg hunt even though Andrew is off camping with my mom. It was fun to visit and lunch with other adults. We're just driving back from Easter dinner at Shawn's Dad's now. Tomorrow we're driving 1.5 hrs to my Dad's. I hope the drive is ok. We haven't driven that far with the babies yet.

Good luck with the drive, Amanda!! Thinking sleepy, quiet baby thoughts for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->