Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

sorry meant to add :hugs: Joss sorry to hear about your SPD. I do believe that Sarah had the grinding in her hips if I remember right

Hi guys!
Well, after frantically managing to line up childcare for my first four weeks of my new job, I got a call today to tell me that I can't start Monday because the city police have still not processed my security clearance. :brat:
So, trying to look on the bright side: that's an extra week for packing, purging the clutter, and not having to pay childcare? :)
I'm keen to get going and learn the new programs, so I'm a bit disappointed and frustrated. I took it out on my bookshelves, however! I've got 10+ boxes packed and labelled, a big box for the used bookstore, and am keen to tackle the rest over the next few days. So there! All the crazy energy got put to good use! :)

Joss - I can't remember if I got grinding, but I sure had stupid amounts of pain. Do you have a pelvic support belt? Those are supposed to be worth a try.

Huge :hugs: to all those feeling loss right now. I agree, fuck cancer. I HATE hearing stories like the ones I just did. I know it's life and it happens, but it just sucks. It is so heartbreaking to lose people that way. :cry:

Vickie - I got insomnia the other night and it reminded me of how much that pregnancy insomnia sucked. So frustrating and horrible! Hope you feel better tonight and your body lets you sleep!

Okay, back to packing for me! :happydance:

Apple--thanks for that website...it's brilliant!!

Vickie--I hated pregnancy insomnia! It usually happened to fall on the same time I was working loads the next day. One day I ended up phoning in and taking the shift off, I was due to work 24 hrs and only had about 2 hrs of sleep. And yes, I was allowed to sleep on the overnight too. Are you still working?

Sarah--Sorry to hear your security clearance has been delayed. You're doing the right thing though, make it a productive time of packing! Is this to do with the zoo? You must be getting ready to do something other than penguins are you. Still so jealous of your job!! ;)

We had a nice dinner out last night, Jack was a star. The b'day man wasn't too impressed with the massive 40th cake and the whole table singing Happy Birthday in the middle of a packed restaurant though LOL His wife turns 40 in July so her payback will be coming. Don't know if we'll make it to Ikea today or not, DH's tooth is bothering him again. Poor man!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Glad to like it Maggs! A lot of great sleep tips on there, although I don't follow all of it. I tend to read a pile of sources before deciding on my own parenting methods. I take a bit of advice here and there along with my own ideas.
I find the awake times chart very accurate and helpful. It's amazing how easy it is to get even Clara my fussy one to sleep if I time it right.

haha ya, timing definately is beneficial for sleeping... which is why I usually try andstart the night routine early... I've never let any of my kids stay up late, even as newborns we;ve always had good downtime in the evening followed by an earlier bedtime. It definately does help.

Thanks sarah! No I dont have a support belt, I dont know where I would get one either LOL

Pretty sure I saw support belts at both Motherhood maternity and BabiesRus

Could you find one on Ebay or at a drugstore? Maybe Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmasave or something like that. I'm not sure if you have those in Ontario or not. Pharmasave I know has more medical-type stuff than Shoppers.

hmm ya toys r us might have something... but our toys r us isnt as big as the ones in the bigger cities. And we don't have any other maternity stores, i'd have to look around.

Well.ca has two maternity belts. But they're pricey ($65, $90). BabiesRus's s only $32 and Motherhood's is $40

I've seen them at Babies R Us as well so I'd check there first Joss :) or kijiji??

Maggs--I don't have an outside job :)

I did sleep better last night though (somewhat). We did a lot of walking and shopping today so I'm hoping that it means sleep tonight to :lol:

If you can get the pelvic support belt prescribed, it might be covered, Joss. Might be worth checking into? My physiotherapist (the one who helped realign my sad and sorry pelvic girdle after Tobe) said that the more expensive ones are worth the money. I didn't have one, but I think it would have made a huge difference. I will definitely invest in one for next time.

Maggs - I am taking on another on-call job as a naturalist for City Parks. The Zoo is great, but just not enough hours to go around. I would like more work for my own sanity and for my pocketbook. I'm not giving up my Zoo job, just making the other one my main bread-and-butter and taking the odd program for the Zoo.

We don't have a babies r us, it's a smaller toys r us they might have them. I can't buy anything until I start getting some money though. It was the worst time to be stuck waiting for ei. I've got to buyy liscence sticker which is 75$ plus I owe 320$ for income tax. Among other things I have to buy lol and no money except ctb for like 6 weeks. It's depressing lol

Joss, I tried to look this up online and I did not find a whole lot, but I was thinking, could you rig something up on your own, somehow? As long as it isn't restricting circulation, I wonder if you cut a couple pairs of regular support hose (like the regular, "slimming" type of pantyhose), so that you were just wearing the underwear part, if it would help at all? I'm just thinking about how I once got just as much relief on my wrist from a well-wrapped tensor bandage as I did from the expensive splinty thing. Wonder if it's worth trying? Although, support hose are usually $10 or more per pair, so if you have an option of a proper support belt for $30+, maybe it's better just to save a bit longer and go for the real thing? :shrug:
Just trying to brainstorm a possible solution....

Come to think of it, Stiina had bad hip pain this pregnancy and she tied a wrap around her hips for relief.

Yeah, I was thinking of that.
Wondering if it might be something to try anyway? :shrug:

Oh the support hose would be a good idea! My Mom has those for work as she's an RN and is on her feet all day. Probably some nursing shops would have them. Trying to remember the catalogue she gets her nursing uniforms from.

Beautiful day here!! Up watching the F1, had pancakes this morning. Homemade, no Aunt Jemima here LOL Jack even had some too! Going to get some laundry on the line while we can and go for a nice walk I think.

Edit: Oh forgot to say I heard from a girl I went to high school with and the woman I was talking about earlier in the week passed away yesterday afternoon. Prayers for her family, husband and her little boy. RIP xx

I am!
Had to get up at the crack of dawn to go do a Penguin Breakfast program, but it's so much fun hanging out with those birds and seeing how excited the public gets, that I got over the ungodly hour pretty quickly.
Am doing some housework and packing today. It's snowing out. :cold:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->