Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

cool! I really like birds... I wish more came to our feeder :( we see a couple bluejays and a cardinal regularly in our yard though. Along with 20 squirrels hahaha

Joss - apparently the black sunflower seeds are the bomb for most backyard feeder birds. That and a squirrel-proof feeder! :haha:

ya th stuff I feed is really abundant in blacksunflowers. I think bluejays like peanuts or something too.

Oh I saw a cool thing the other day. Reminded me of Joss and her saying on here or on fb about frogs mating and them being loud? haha. I was in the woods with the fam, and we heard this weird sound so we followed it and there were HUNDREDS of frogs mating and laying eggs in this giant puddle of eggs? It was AWEEEESOME. Helena stepped down by them, and they all stopped at the same time! Not one croak after. Did they send out a froggy memo? lol. Then we stood still and they all started up again. It was insane, we heard them so far away.

Neato!!!

We throw scraps of food out our back door all the time and the birds eat it :rofl: But we do have an official bird feeder too.

Oh and how funny is this? Instead of throwing compostables in the garbage we throw them into these thick bushes behind our house (literally throw them, from our porch into these bushes...apple cores, cobs of corn, etc)...well just last summer we looked behind the bushes and what did we find? A compost box!! :haha: We still haven't used it though....easier to throw things.

Haha nice melissa

Wendy a few weeks ago we were on a hike and Tom pointed out frog eggs in a pond, hundreds and they were all shiny lol

I have a day off! :shock:
In fact, I have three days off! :shock: :shock:

And a long list of chores, of course! :dohh:

Well thats an interesting conversation seperate from journals lol... frog mating. :rofl:

Enjoy your days off Sarah, I hope there is a break from the housework.

Frogspawn! Excellent! Lot of our amphibians are in decline, so it is always great to hear about people witnessing reproductive events. (just read that back - holy cow do I sound nerdy! :haha: )
Melissa, I am also imagining you hurling corn cobs off your porch! Now that you know where the composter is, I suppose you could sort of try to aim for it? :)

:rofl: Melissa!

Enjoy your days off Sarah! :D

gorgeous weather here today, we took the kids to the playground and had a picnic lunch which was nice

:lol: Sarah the composter has a lid on it, so I could aim for it, but it wouldn't do any good! It's kind of fun throwing the food into the bushes....one of the simple joys of country living haha

Joni won't stay on her tummy anymore! Now that's she's discovered rolling over, she does it almost immediately after I put her down. I remember Alia went through a phase like this too but then she realized she could roll the other way too!

Going out for wings and drinks tonight with friends!!! :D Just gotta make it till Nathan gets home from golf.

Sounds like a nice day Vickie.

Hope you had a great night out Melissa.

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Moms Day to all of you :hugs:

I kinda hate today.

It started off good, but went downhill fast. *sigh*

I hope your day got better! And I hope everyone else had a good day too!!

We had a nice weekend, went pretty well seeing it's a 3 hr+ drive there. I think Jack was happy to be home and see his bed. And Molly was all over me last night, was desperate I'd leave her again haha We got to see my friends from back home that were over. We spend most of the weekend with them. Saw DH's brother & sister for a few mins but we were mostly busy with our friends. They all went on all the rides at the Pleasure Beach, not me though...thankfully had the excuse that I had to sit with Jack. No way!! Not much in the way of things to do today so just going to relax so Jack cause enjoy being home again. And no doubt he'll sleep lots after a weekend of lacking it.

:hugs: Wendy

Glad you had a good trip Maggs :)

We had a pretty good but exhausting mothers day (6 hour trip to the mall with the kids :rofl:)

we didnt do alot... we went to MIL's for dinner on sunday and then my mom came over tonight for dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->