Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

My mother's day kind of sucked. Blah.
It will be nice once the kids can do something for me themselves or at school or something.

My mothers day was pretty much like any other Sunday, but then today Shawn surprised me with homemade muffins for breakfast and he took me out for lunch with no kids. I think he felt a little bad for doing nothing yesterday.

In other news, Andrew horrified me today by carrying Ainsle across the living room! I didn't think he was strong enough to do that and I'm glad I intervened before she got hurt. Ainslie also rolled from back to tummy today.

Way to go Ainslie!!

Andrew didn't really acknowledge Mother's Day. But I enjoyed hanging out with my munchkin :)

Way to go Ainslie! What a clever girl!

Good thing Father's Day is after Mother's Day then...will be an excuse to oops forget it then too huh! My Mom sent me a lovely card for my first Mother's Day. Had me all teary :)

Went into the office yesterday and got my first few shifts back. No schedule past July yet but I'll only be back to work about 5 weeks then off for a month to come home to Nova Scotia. Can't wait!! Just have to do that countdown rather then the back to work countdown.

Okay I have a question for you all...what brand of diapers do you use? I use store brands here as pampers/huggies are far too expensive in comparison. Huggies run a bit small and I find they've both leaked on occasion. So what should I get when I'm home this summer?

Nearby we have a Sobeys, Superstore, Walmart, Pharmasave & Shoppers Drug Mart. Any of those store brands good? I don't even know of Sobeys & Pharmasave do a store brand.

Not sure about the diapers...I've always used pampers...anything else has leaked for me :wacko:

I have used Sobeys store brand before and didn't really have any issues with them. I do prefer Pampers diapers though as a personal preference.

Pampers were my preference... didn't find anything that worked as well as they did!

PC are okay

I only use huggies, pampers scalded both my kids bums!

I know a lot of my friend use Kirkland. I use Pampers. Never have leaks so I never change.

Oh God, Amanda! I am lucky, Helena never has tried to carry Elliot, and I don't think she really wants too. She usually pushes him if he comes near her :wacko:

We used Pampers for the longest time, but switched to Huggies as we can get them at Costco for a lot cheaper. Not sure if its just something new but I think they might be scalding her bum a bit. How on earth does that even happen??? :wacko:

Might try Kirkland! So they're okay? I had a friend who said she used the Walmart brand, they were okay, leaked a bit.

I personally find the Walmart diapers awkward. My mom used to buy them for the foster kids but Helena was put in one, and I remember effing Brian did not change her diaper for like 14 hours or something when he was watching her for some reason and I wasn't home...and it never leaked. :rofl:

I get to meet Jess and Josh tomorrow! :happydance:

Just had to brag ;) for Tiffs sake haha

There's a Costco in Halifax so could get my parents to pick up some at some point but it's another 2 hrs+ from there to their home so won't be able to do it on the way home from our flight. Hmm...thankfully Walmart is right there, I'll have to get Mom to keep an eye out for deals there. Shame the store brands aren't good, they are here!

Jealous!!! :sulk:

She's been such an amazing support for me these past few weeks with trying to figure out everything with Claire. Honestly I wouldn't have even thought to do half the stuff I did if she hadn't pointed it out to me!

Hope you guys have a super fantabulous time!!!! :D :D :D

Enjoy your visit with Jess! She is such a sweetheart!!!

Ya, the kirkland brand are just like huggies, I like them too, we just dont go to costco... my MIL has bought them for us before though.

not much help here either as we use Pampers as well. We tried Huggies with Hannah but I didn't like their fit and it was mostly a case of it worked for us so we never really tried others after that :lol:

:hugs: Sorry to hear everyone's mothers day wasn't great :(

Stan did pretty good but it was a tiring day (well all days are right now :rofl:)

jess left before you ever got here... she used to post on here. Josh is her son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->