Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

OMG Tasha & Vickie--that's so funny!! I was a nanny a few years ago and my boss and I took the children swimming. M (girl) was probably 3 and B (boy) was probably 2. So we were in getting changed and just waiting for the kids swim to open and B points at me and says you, M and Mommy have vaginas and me and Daddy have Penis's LOL And did I mention the changing room was FULL of old ladies getting ready to go in for that Senior Aquafit class :haha:

Vickie--Jack had both boobs in bed before we came downstairs and then Molly got fed and then me :haha: Chain of priority drops dramatically around here! And it doesn't matter when he's last eaten though, he still bloody moans for food!

I hope Elliot is on the mend soon, we were at the hospital a few weeks ago when Jack had that random fever and we spent all afternoon trying to get a pee sample to be tested. Then 2 days after we got home, he broke into that rash so we knew it was Roseola. Maybe a possibility??

Maggs :rofl: sooooo glad her next go with swimming will be independent of parents lol. My mom is on the board of directors at the rec center too- everyone knows us. At least I haven't got a tattoo or anything going on down there for her to blab about!! I was shhh-ing her and saying "we don't talk about that here!!" lol

Hope Elliot feels better soon, Wendy :( :hugs:

Elyse eats first too... when I don't have her to feed I forget to eat! :dohh: Did that the other day, got a raging headache around 8:30pm and then had McDs at 11 :shy: Felt better though lol.

OMG Tasha & Vickie--that's so funny!! I was a nanny a few years ago and my boss and I took the children swimming. M (girl) was probably 3 and B (boy) was probably 2. So we were in getting changed and just waiting for the kids swim to open and B points at me and says you, M and Mommy have vaginas and me and Daddy have Penis's LOL And did I mention the changing room was FULL of old ladies getting ready to go in for that Senior Aquafit class :haha:

Vickie--Jack had both boobs in bed before we came downstairs and then Molly got fed and then me :haha: Chain of priority drops dramatically around here! And it doesn't matter when he's last eaten though, he still bloody moans for food!

I hope Elliot is on the mend soon, we were at the hospital a few weeks ago when Jack had that random fever and we spent all afternoon trying to get a pee sample to be tested. Then 2 days after we got home, he broke into that rash so we knew it was Roseola. Maybe a possibility??

Thats what I was thinking it probably is! He seems better today though, besides taking the smelliest poops of life. *dies*

Elyse is like that about 'ginas :rolleyes:

Had a horrifically embarrassing moment in the change room at swimming last week...

Asked me why my 'gina didn't have hair on it like another lady's.. wanted the earth to swallow me up. She's a loud child too :dohh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh thats the best!

We were in Ikea bathroom, before Helena went into the playland thingy and she yells in a little singsong voice " I AM JUST WIPING MY LITTLE VAGIIIIIIIIINNNAAAAA" and this old broad gave me quite the look lol.

Sorry to Barge in, but just a quick question!

I am looking into buying a used bassinet to safe cost, however I want to buy a new mattress for it. Anyone know where I can buy a bassinet mattress?

I have tried toys r us and they don't sell them
Thank you!

Jack had horrible diarrhea when he had Roseola and it lasted for about 8 days. Whether it was linked or just another bug in his system, I don't know that.

Jasmine actually threw up when she had roseola, I can't remember if she has diahreah but I think it's def possible!

Come to think of it, Jack threw up once too but that could have been the high fever. How are things today? Any sign of a rash?

I am looking into buying a used bassinet to safe cost, however I want to buy a new mattress for it. Anyone know where I can buy a bassinet mattress?

Thank you!

Kat try E children by Chinook.

Hi girls!

Yup he def got the rash, you called it! He is all better now though :D

BB- Anna had it a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the virus is really high right now in alberta.

Glad he's better now Wendy!!!

:hi: Hi ladies!!!
I'm so torn on when to start potty training Alia. She's very smart and part of me thinks she would be able to handle it right now, but then again she is terrified of pooping on the potty :wacko: Is there something I should be doing to get her more comfortable with pooping on there, or do I just need to wait a bit longer for her to grow out of it?
I'm not in any rush, but it would be nice to not have to buy diapers for Alia anymore. (plus I already have MIL buying Alia underwear and training pants..."hint hint"?)

Melissa - I feel like the world's biggest failure on the potty training front. Simon is almost 3.5 and still has huge resistance to pooping on the potty. He's champion at the pees, but the poops get him really stressed out. Everything I have read or been told says to let the kid decide on that one. As a parent, it is incredibly frustrating/stressful, but if you push the issue, you can wind up with serious constipation and voiding issues that go on for years (and of course, hearing that is just going to take the pressure off the whole miserable situation, right? :dohh:).
Focus on pees and heap on the praise. If she initiates poops, then support her in every way, but stay as relaxed about it as possible.

In other news, so damn busy at new job/old job/parenting/packing&moving that I am collapsing into my bed every night.
Am losing my voice, so glad to have a couple days off.
Hope all sick little babies get better quick! :)

Thank you!

Sorry, just saw this!
Kat - I made my own by buying some camping foam at Cdn Tire and cutting it to fit. Dead easy and super cheap.

haha Wendy I don't quite understand early potty training...like was he asking to go on the potty or did you mom have to put him on every hour?? I don't get it!!
How was potty training H?

Sarah ya I don't want to give her a pooping complex (although I already think she has one) but she's totally fine sitting on the potty until she actually has to poop. Then she freaks out and wants off and wants to go squat in the corner. She doesn't want me to change her diaper after she's pooped either...I think that might be more about interrupting her play time though?

Claire was super attached to her diapers, still is. She's awesome at peeing on the small potty (but can't wear panties - if she wore panties then she'd pee in them). We're *just* getting to the point where she can wear panties (she still struggles with trying to pull them down and can barely pull them back up) if I help her.

She'd poop on the potty in the early stages but now won't do it either and wants a diaper. I figure that will come in time and am not going to worry about it. Once the foundation for peeing is really ingrained I have no worries that she'll poop as well. :hugs:

Lol Peyton is afraid to pee on the potty. He has sat on it a bunch and then stood up and peed on the floor.

Jasmine never gave us any issues with pooping :shrug: she was 27 months and potty trained completely within a couple days. She only had 1 or 2 night accidents after that. And 1 or 2 accidents while out. we used the princess potty book and she was peeing and pooping on the potty the first day. I did try potty training her a couple times before that with no success. But the time it did work we sat gated in the kitchen with no pants on for 3 days with her potty.

If you think she is ready then go for it! But I don't believe in using diapers once you start lol. For me they have to be at the point of doing both pee and poo and be able to ask when to go when out etc.

I am going to do it in the fall when we are less busy probably. I think boys take longer and I've heard of more boys having pooping issues. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->