Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Elyse was trained last summer... I don't even know how we did it, just put her in underwear and reminded her a lot. She didn't really have any accidents at home- I think she got a bit of pee in her underwear just not quite making it there once or twice, but no soaked sheets etc. The bigger challenge for us was getting her to go on the big potty. She's fine with it now, so we have a downstairs potty just in case since we only have the 1 upstairs bathroom. We didn't do rewards charts or anything, just verbal praise/high fives/hugs :)

Tasha!!!!!!
How did I miss that BnB Team status, you mod, you!!!!!
When did that happen?!
Congratulations!!!
I'm thinking we Canadians are well represented at BnB! Good on you!

Thanks Sarah! It was just before Vickie had Rhys :) So I'm still a newbie!

Congrats Tasha!!!

The only accident jasmine had was at play group once lol... That and wetting the bed once or twice was within the first month too and I think more to do with her just forgetting she didnt have a diaper.

Yeah, Claire's nowhere near that lol. Although (against P's wishes) I forced him to take her out to MIL's house in just panties and a dress - no diaper. He didn't want to for fear of her peeing in the carseat but FFS she's gotta have some time, you know?

I don't believe in putting her in diapers for certain parts of the day then letting her be free... too confusing! Naps are a different story, and the pooping. But if I know she can pee on the potty and hold it until she has to go then no point in regressing. My *hope* is that once she sees how easy/comfortable it is to pee on the actual toilet (we got rid of the small one - tired of cleaning it out :sick:) then she'll poop as well?

Once can hope, and we shall see! :rofl:

Strange, because diapers never have and still don't bother me. :shrug: But dumping the little bucket of pee? Gag-worthy as far as I'm concerned. I like the little toilet seat thingy that you can place on a regular toilet. That way its just a flush! :haha:

Oh yes I much prefer the seat thingy that goes on the toilet!!! haha

What I would REALLY prefer is ALia would stop pooping in the bath tub :wacko: It happens at least 50 % of the time now :sick:

Oh god, Melissa! Tobe was (and I am using that past tense very very hopefully) the WORST TubPooper of all time. No matter how careful we were, no matter how we tried to time it or watch for the signs or what have you, he would manage to get out all manner of floaters, flakes, and flotsam. I'm fairly confident that my sons could both cheerfully survive any E.coli contamination episode - they've had plenty of exposure thanks to Tobe and the TubTurds. :sick:

Lol that's funny... I am glad neither of my kids got into that!!!

The potty chairs I got could be used on the bucket or you can put it on the toilet, I used the bucket when we were training so she could be in the kitchen bottomless. Eventually I just started putting it on the big potty. I've heard a lot of kids are more afraid to poop in the big potty then the little chairs

we had both for Hannah and she actually preferred the big potty for some reason (I thought she'd be scared of it but I guess because she saw us using it she wanted to as well?)

Tub poops :sick: Luckily that only happened a few times with Hannah, hopefully Rhys won't be a tub pooper :rofl:

My brother is schizophrenic and a genius. :rofl: He just potty trained himself. He walked and crawled mega early.

Helena's potty training went really well. She would be in the bath and ask to get out to pee. :shrug: I was being lazy and not wanting to take her all the time, but his mom had her for a week and put her on lots and she came back and we went from there. So she pretty much trained herself. I noticed her diaper was dry in the mornings so I just stopped putting them on. I only used pullups for going out at first, but never really had to buy them!

I know my Granny swears all of her 10 million kids were potty trained by 15 months. I don't know how though!

Ugh POOP IN THE TUB.

Helena has problems poopin in general. She has been having more accidents lately (despite being potty trained for 2 years) because she gets too busy and tries to run to the can last minute.

I also just used the one on the actual toilet and now she just sits on the toilet, but my kid is a giant. (haha, miss jess (yes i called her miss jess to her face haha) couldnt believe how tall helena was)

I honestly don't know how a 15 month old could truly be potty trained either lol... And another thing when I trained jasmine she was waking up dry and having one giant pee in the morning, she also was staying dry for long periods in the day. Apparently that is a sign they are physically developed enough.

I got the potty chair because the only non-carpet are in my house to potty train is the kitchen and I wanted her pant less for a few days so we had to gate in the kitchen. Plus it was more convenient so she made it there faster when she was playing.

Thanks for all the input!!!
I think I'm going to wait till the fall to seriously potty train....I don't want to half-ass it and I feel like it's too tricky to do when it's nice and sunny outside. And I just don't think Alia is ready yet. She's just not showing real interest in it yet.
wendy I would love it if MIL would potty train Alia :rofl: I think she's been trying.

Only you know when you guys will be ready, Melissa! Although not wanting to half ass it is my deal too, I know once it gets colder out we will be stuck in more. And really 27 months is still considered early for potty training, I think Vickie had Hannah trained around that time... A lot of people I know irl don't get them trained until 3 years and beyond which seems a little late lol but Peyton may end up later too

All kids are different though. Claire is 3.5 and is JUST starting to be okay with potty training. I don't know if that's just her or her sensory issues that factor into that one. I get a lot of looks for the fact that she's still in diapers. :(

Hard though, if I waited until she "showed" me she was ready she'd still be in diapers 24/7! I had to force her to not wear them, and she'd bawl because she wanted her diaper on (part of her routine). My Mom wants me to force her more but I don't think it'd help her. Kinda have to pick my battles on that one. If I force too much, she'll regress. If I leave it to her she'd happily sit in her own filth for hours. :dohh:

Not saying you were suggesting that Joss. :) Just my own frustrations with potty training. :flower:

Some kids aren't ready until later. I do know people who won't fully potty train their 3 year olds because they're afraid of pee or whatever on the floor and carpets. So they fight the potty/diaper battle daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->