Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I realized the other day that I know most of my peeps from online.

I met B online when we were teenagers (my 2 friends from high school knew B first online, and told me to msg him on msn) and I know Jaylene, my bestest buddy from here on bnb, and I have just met a lot of random weird people from THE INTERNET.

Like last week alone, I met Jess and I went to this Reddit BBQ (if anyone goes to Reddit)and it was kinda awkward because I realized I am old, but yeah! My sister is the same way. Thinks everyone is evil and trying to lure us in to kill us.
*eye roll*

I remember having a dream a couple of months ago too, I think I'd mentioned it here. About us all being somewhere in a car together...weird!

Yea we're all good here, enjoying my last few days at home with Jack. Start back to work June 16th (boo!) My Mom arrives 5 weeks this Saturday and she'll be here for 12 days then I'm off back home to Nova Scotia with her for a month. Lovely!

I noticed a full time job not far from here that I could get a bus too but when I did quick calculations, it looks like I'd bring home roughly £1000 a month but spend about £700 alone in childcare! F*** that!!

How is Elliot? I keep meaning to ask, has he gotten over his Roseola? Must be going around, seems like lots of babies have had it this year.

Good luck going back to work, maggs!!! I hope you enjoy ns too! I hear ya on child care, I bring home a small income because most of my money goes to gas and child care, so not worth it!

I won't whine too much about this stuff in here, I posted a lot more in my journal. But we had the buyers do a home inspection and it looks like the deal is going to fall through, they said the roof is too damaged and the house needs a new furnace. They weren't even done the inspection.

And I got my results from the colposcopy I had done and they were abnormal so I need to have a biopsy done to figure out if it cervical cancer or what it is. I am really upset about this whole thing.

Still waiting to find out if I still have a low laying placenta. I had an us last week and the baby is nice and comfy transverse lol.

Aw Joss, I am so sorry about the abnormal results. That stuff is so scary. :hugs: Thinking about you and hoping it resolves itself.
As for the house stuff - crappy! I wish I had a helpful suggestion there. :(

I completely lost my voice yesterday and am just sort of croaking today. I have two days off work, so am going to try really really hard to rest my voice.
Hoping to get more packing done, too, over the next few days. It is tricky as I am running out of places to put the boxes! I wish I had a cube van I could keep for the month, so I could just shove all the packed boxes in there and get them out of my way. And I have to be johnny-on-the-spot with the packing tape as I go, otherwise I find the contents of any box quickly strewn around the house by helpful and inquisitive toddlers! :dohh:
Hoping to go for a nice long hike with the boys today. That is another big perk of my new job - I am exploring all these really cool parks in the City and finding all these great places to take my kids. We have sort of been using this core of parks close to us. It's great to expand that.
And god knows I could use the exercise. I'm going to have to break out the maternity pants if I don't get off my (rapidly expanding) ass and start working out again. :blush:
Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Joss...I'll post a reply to you in your journal.

Sarah--you've been so busy lately, we barely see you online! When are you moving?

We miss you Sarah!!! You sound pretty busy! When do you move into your new house?

You guys are sweet!
I miss you, too!
We move June 25-26. I'm excited, but really just itching to get the whole colossal thing over and done with. Trying to deal with this, plus juggle two jobs and family is getting pretty nuts. :wacko:

:hugs: Joss.. about both the testing and the house! I hope they both surprise you and work out :(

Hopefully the end of June will be here soon, I felt the same way moving, I didn't really even have much stuff! GL Sarah :)

Today I meet with my boss about going back to work. Anyone want to trade lives? I'm 22, 1 cute 3-year-old that is pretty well-behaved? We have the AC on? Anyone? lol...

Joss that sucks. :( One of my bridesmaids went through that in the 6 months leading up to her wedding. She had to have 3 different biopsies then on to a LEEP procedure and they gave her the final results a WEEK before her wedding. Talk about stress! Well stress anytime but serious bad timing. To be fair they would have waited until she got back from her honeymoon but because she had so many abnormal results she didn't want to wait. For the record it came back clear. :thumbup: Same with my other friend, SIL and MIL.

Hoping your results will follow suit! :hugs:

:hugs: Joss. That's so scary and frustrating. :(

Same old same old over here. The twins are growing like weeds and Andrew is really starting to get the hang of potty training. Shawn said he'll watch the kids so I can go to the gym later today and I'm looking forward to that. I've lost so much already (46lbs), but I still have 17lbs left to go. I need to get my butt in gear.

hey everyone :wave:

Thats awesome about C potty training Tiff!!

:hugs: Joss. Im sorry about the house and results:( im gonna head over to your journal now to catch up.

Sarah - you are busy busy busy!! i hope that packing is going ok!

Im just really busy these days :) good thing i guess.

Hello fellow Canadian Moms! Hope everyone is having a good-ish weekend. Busy weekend here, lots of Jubilee celebrations going on in the village. We were out Friday night to a street bbq/picnic/party and yesterday we went to a fun fair and to our nephew's birthday party. Up early today to get groceries first thing and if the weather stays nice, going for a walk up to the estate house where they're opening a new walk for the Jubilee celebrations. Busy busy busy! Jack's just so close to crawling, don't know why I encourage it though cause as soon as he does, I'll be wishing he didn't. 5 weeks yesterday and my Mom arrives and 6 weeks from Thursday, we all fly back to Nova Scotia for a month!! Yippee!!!!! Just gotta look past the 2 weeks left of mat leave and towards that bit of sunshine.

Oh man Maggs! So close to coming back to this side of the pond! :dance: Have fun at the Jubilee celebrations! Not gonna lie, I had to look up exactly what that meant :blush:

Can't believe Queen Elizabeth has been Queen for 60 years. Holy hell! Talk about longevity!

I know...I can't wait!! Any one gonna be in NS this summer?? :)

One of my best friends went into labour today with her 3rd baby, well labour as in waters broke at 7:30 and she went to the hospital but sent her home as she hadn't started contractions yet. Induced tomorrow if she doesn't overnight I guess. Can't wait! A new little baby to cuddle when I get home. :happydance:

Oh and I can't wait for bloomin winter to get here so Jack will sleep past 5am! GRRRRR £*"&%*£@@!!!

enjoy your mom's visit Maggs! :)

I hope that the return to work isn't to hard :hugs:

Oh to update you, my friend had her little boy June 5th at 5:40am, baby boy Myles was 8 oz even. Her biggest baby!

8lbs is big! Congrats to your friend!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->