Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Andrew is fine during the day, but wants to sleep nude. He actually to,d me tonight that it's his peepee and he wants to keep it out. :dohh:

I did get a diaper on him, though there's no guarantee it will stay on.

:rofl: that's Pretty funny!

Peyton just strips or fights clothes and his diaper. But he has to have piles of blankets to sleep.

Oh man Amanda! :haha: That's hilarious! Of course, funny when its not us who's having to live it!

Aww Sara, its okay!!! Seriously! I'm sure Claire has given her fair share of colds in her life too. :haha:

I was actually going to bring her in to the ER last night, her fever was staying consistent around 103.5 and it was starting to worry me. SO OF COURSE I do a status on FB and then when I finally decide to bring her in, her fever breaks. :haha: Its all good, I'd rather the broken fever than anything else. Just one of those "figures" moments.

She's still asleep now. :shock: I had to wake her up at 10am yesterday as she had been asleep since 6:30pm the night before! She was awake for 2.5 hours, went for a nap around 12:30pm and we had to wake her at 4pm! Yikes!

If she's still feverish by the time I get her up today then we'll bring her to a clinic. :thumbup:

Hope Claire feels better soon! I know I was always told doctors won't really do much unless the fever has been consistently high for over 3 days or the child is refusing to drink and becomming dehydrated.

The pedialyte Popsicles and juice always seemed to entice jasmine though! Lol

:hugs:

Hannah hated pedialyte :rofl:

I hope Claire is better today :hugs:

:rofl: Oh man Amanda that literally made me laugh out loud. :hugs: not as funny when you are the one going through it though

She's not. Woke her up at 10 and her fever is back up to 104 and she's shivering and shaking. Bringing her in, I'm really worried about her. :(

Oh poor Claire :hugs:

And Joss and Vickie you have boys too ... it could happen to you!

Poor Claire!!! Eve just txt me and said J's fever was back to 101, but it had been gone for 48 hours. Boo.

She did go down easy last night. We have been very consistant with bedtime. She does bath, Pj's and bed and if i put her down at 9pm she goes right away so we moved bath from 7:30 to 8 and i take her up shortly before 9 and within 10 minutes im back down stairs. BUT because she was sick i faltered a little - and i paid for it LOL. But last night when she was tired i put her down about 8:30-8:45 and she went right to sleep.

Poor girl! I hope J feels better. When Anna has fits her fever would disappear then reappear.

Feel better Claire :(

texted Tiff said Claire seems better after a pedialyte popsicle. They did blood work though which tired her out though :( Poor girl I saw a picture and it looked painful. They do think she'll get to come home today :hugs: Thinking of you all!

Back from the hospital!

They almost admitted her. :shock: Decided to treat her as an outpatient though. She's got some kind of virus (they THINK. :dohh:) as her white blood count and platelets are low. She's to go back to the hospital in a week to do a CBC blood work and then we're to go see a Pediatrician. The doctor stressed that we must have the blood work done before going to see the Pediatrician.

Kinda freaked out, what the hell kind of virus does that?

Tiff- alot of things can cause low blood platelet counts... (including pregnancy!) alot of times if has to do with anemia etc... Claire is likely just low because of the virus and if she isn't eating or drinking what she usually does that could be doing it. Alot of people (adults/children) have variations in their blood platelets depending on alot of things, being sick is one of them.

Im sure the hospital is doing a repeat to make sure they are coming back up and to provide the comparisons to the ped. Most viruses for children last 7-14 days which is normal, unfortunately.

I know its hard not to stress about our babies... The best you can do is keep her nice and cool and make sure she has the pedialyte and lots of water. The pedialyte will help restore minerals etc lost from not eating as much.

:hug:

gahhh poor claire bear :( I really hope that J wasn't the cause of all this. I mean her "sickness" is NOTHING like what you have described with claire - yet the fact J has had a fever and the timing of it makes me think she is :cry: i am SOOO sorry :(

I hope you have a good night and that C gets better soon!

Yeah we have to go and get more pedialyte tomorrow. Poor little thing! I guess the big test will be if she wakes up with a fever again in the morning.

Does she have any other syptoms? Will she eat anything at all or take vitamins?

Just really lethargic. But she's not eating so I guess makes sense that she doesn't have a lot of energy.

She did have a few strawberries when we got home from the hospital though! :thumbup: She's really not eating/drinking as much as she normally would. Not peeing as much either, hasn't pooped in a few days (but with potty training that's as per norm these days).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->