Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:hugs: Poor Claire :( And poor you and P to, I'd be pretty freaked out if it was my kid I'm sure

Some vitamines may help then if you don't already give them to her. Poor claire! I think if she will eat some things that good too... maybe different kinds of melons or something else thats light and cooler?

Hope she wakes up feeling better.

Oh I hope she feels better today Tiff! I imagine the bloodwork was just a precaution. When Jack had that high fever, they sent us in for monitoring as well and they took a urine sample just to rule out everything.

Well today is my last day at home with my little man, back to work for my first day tomorrow *sigh* He was up from 4am-6am last night, no idea why. I nursed him then he wouldn't settle and stay asleep so DH was up for a few mins and rocked him and he settled for a few mins in his crib then awake screaming again. So changed him, gave him some tylenol as he's got a bit of a cold and cutting his top teeth and nursed him again. He finally went down just before 6 and slept till 715. Tired Mommy! Big cups and relaxing day with my little man today.

Enjoy your last day off from work maggs! I am sorry you have to go back tomorrow :hugs:

Hope Claire is at least a tiny bit improved today tiff so your not as worried!

My kids were bad going to bed last night and didn't go to sleep until at 9:30pm.... And Peyton woke up at 5:30 am!!!!! I directed him back to bed and he slept until after 7 at least lol

Awww Sara!!! Please, don't think this was J!!! I personally don't think it was either, there is A LOT of nasty viruses going around Barrie right now. :hugs: She could've picked it up from anywhere! :hugs:

She's still far from 100%, very quiet and not wanting to move/play around but her temp was 37.5 so MUCH better than the 40.4 it was yesterday am!!! :happydance:

That is great tiff :D sounds like she is improving... im sure you know this already, but dont freak if it goes back up through the day, temps can go up in the evening.

Its better that she be resting anyways :D

Yeah its back up to 38.8, but gave her some advil and that should help matters I think. Hate that I have to go to work today, I'd rather stay at home with her. But MIL is under strict orders to call us if her fever spikes back up to the scary temps. :)

Have you been piggy-backing Advil and Tylenol? You can use them both.

I think advil is meant to be a more effective fever reducer but as Joss said, you can stagger the two to keep her fever in check.

Tiff - glad to hear the fever went down! That must be so scary when they get sick like that. :( Hope your shift flies by for you! Speaking of Gymboree, do you guys have lots of neutral stuff in there? My friend up there is having a baby and due in December, and I am having a heck of a time finding neutral stuff! lol.

Anyone else TTC'ing in here? We've finally decided to start trying. And I'm lost. Last time was SO easy, big surprise! haha! Not sure if I should be spending the $70+ on the ovulation kits and what not! Anyone who has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Popping in to say hi! I hope everyone feels better soon (I noticed a few of us are sick and have sick little ones). I have been very busy with work and taking care of B so haven't had too much time for BnB although I miss it very much! I try to check in whenever I can but I usually don't have long anymore.

I hope Claire is feeling better soon :hugs:

Good luck TTC Natalie.

I hope you enjoy your last day off Maggs.

Natalie you can get ovulation tests strips on the internet for MUCH cheaper! earlypregnancytests.com is where I got mine. Good Luck TTC!! I won't be back on the old TTC train for another year or so....

:hi: Hi Lisa!

Maggs sorry you have to go back to work tomorrow....enjoy your day with your little guy!

Tiff I'm so glad Claire's fever has broken :hugs:

Joss that's good you were able to get Peyton to go back to bed. Stupid summer!!! I can't wait till the days are shorter :rofl: The longest day of the year is on June 20th, so they'll start getting shorter soon!

Nathan has the day off from peas today, yay! He took the girls outside for a few hours this morning and I got to sleep in (after I fed Joni) and just have a nice relaxing breakfast, shower, etc. We might go to a park with the girls or possibly the beach....but the beach might be too much hassle to make it worthwhile. Then I think he wants to go golfing....but I'm trying to convince him that taking Alia with him is a good idea :rofl: He wants Alia to be into golf so why not start her young haha

Natalie we'll be starting to TTC in July-August. That is if I don't change my mind which could very well happen. I have no clue how moms handle 2(or more) kids.

Natalie--have you considered charting and taking your temp? I did that for a few months when I went off the pill and it's easiest to get pregnant as you know when you're ovulating! I joined FertilityFriend.com and it's brilliant.

:hugs: Maggs I hope you enjoyed your last day (and got some rest!)

Glad Claire is feeling better Tiff :hugs:

I just sent Hannah for an enforce-a-nap :haha: she has been a brat all day :rofl:

Sorry your kids fought bedtime Joss but glad Peyton went back down!

:hi: Nat, no TTC here :haha: I never did OPKs or charted or anything though. I was lucky and fell pregnant very quickly both times.

Good luck ttc nat! I tried the opks etc and it got really expensive using them for 4+ months! It was basically a waste of money, I recommend just charting and watching for signs of ovulation.

Thanks everyone! Didn't really know where to start with the charting, and didn't prepare myself very well! Based on the ovu calculators i ovulated 2 days ago. So I guess we will see what happens in 2 weeks!

@Newt - that's what stopped us for so long for trying for #2!! lol. Too many toddler tantrums make me wonder what I am thinking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->