Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:hugs: Sounds like all the kids are trouble makers these days. We had dinner at the in-laws tonight and Clara cried the whole way there and back (30 min each way) just because she didn't want to sit in the carseat. Andrew was cute though - he kept singing the wheels on the bus song to make her feel better. It didn't, but it was nice of him. The whole drive I wished we had a soundproof glass window inbetween the front and back seats, so we could just shut out the noise. Hmm written down that sounds pretty heartless :blush:

You are only voicing what the rest of us have thought about more times that we'd all like to admit! lol

Oh sorry to hear all you girls are having a rough time lately!! And don't worry about venting, all Moms need to do it when they lose their cool. I agree Joss, no doubt Jasmine is just acting up because of all the changes around lately. Will she be eventually sharing a room with the new baby or will her and Peyton be together until you move house?

Well Jack had a good day at my SIL's, I got off an hour early so that was a bonus. Only issue I'm having at the moment is the breastfeeding. I'm desperate to keep it up till we come to Nova Scotia so I can do it on the plane. He usually breastfeeds fine first thing in the morning or at night if he wakes. Then he's gotten into the habit of nursing well to sleep for his morning & afternoon naps and that's fine when we're home but yesterday he had all his naps at my SIL's so even though he should have been hungry, he refused to feed the rest of the day :( So I expressed twice yesterday but I barely get 1/2 oz after 20-30 mins of feeding. Going out to buy some oatmeal again this weekend. I think it's just a partial nursing strike because he'd rather be down and crawling. That and he's cutting his top teeth so biting me a bit as well. I'm off today so hope we have a better day. Really concerned about a few shifts coming though where I work 4 days in a row, will have to be pumping lots at work. Hopefully we can get by it okay.

:hugs: Joss, I've been there with Hannah many times in the last month. She is testing us every turn she gets and it is hard and annoying and frustrating. I do find that sleep plays a huge part into behavior--when she's not slept enough she is HELL to deal with. The days she sleeps better we generally have a better day overall.

:hugs: maggs I hope nursing goes well today since you are home! No advice here I'm afraid but I hope that it improves :)

That sounds like our weekend Amanda! Rhys was not happy in the car seat at all--except that Hannah sat in back and yelled "do you really think I want to listen to this" most of Sunday :roll:

I'm not sure what we will do with the bedroom situation, I will be keeping the baby in her own room until she is able to be in a big bed, so probably when she is almost 2. I have no idea if moving will be possible before then or not.

Glad jack had a good day maggs!!! Sorry about the bf'ing probs, I don't really have any advice because I didn't have to go back to work when I was bf'ing :(

No advice here either I'm afraid, but I hope today is better!!! :hugs: I have read from other people's experiences that teething can make it tough.

Hope everyone stays cool today!

We finally have some sun! I sent Andrew outside with a little spray bottle of water to water the grass and plants. That should occupy him for a while :haha:

Maggs - do you mean he refused to eat at your SIL's?? J did a LOT of reverse cycling when i went back to work. Basically they don't eat/drink when away from you, and then make up for it when you are together. Which means they go all day and then nurse ALL NIGHT LONG. was a real nightmare. But i put up with it for a few months as J was not an eater - it too the sitter many weeks, but she slowly built up how much J is willing to eat at her house. It started at litterly 1oz of milk and a few bites of infant cereal and a few bites of baby food. Now the kid will drink 8-10oz milk PLUS water, plus eat the poor girl out of house and home. And now that she eats well during the day, i am ok telling her no for nursing at night - we are in week 2 of no "bub" at night. So i nurse J when i pick her up at 5:30, before bed at 8:30ish and then at 8am when we get up.. but the last 2 days i have told her no to the 8am feed. Im hoping in a week or so i can cut out the 5:30feed and then in another couple of weeks the bedtime one. You aren't ready to wean, but please know that they do adjust... it just takes time :hugs:

I think it's just the age - Grady pushes and tests, and he doesn't have another baby to compete with. He literally dragged all his toys from toy room, to living room today. When i asked him to clean up, he started screaming. Finally took the toys back to the toy room, but instead of putting them away, he just threw everything in.

Unfortunately I have to scream, otherwise he doesn't even acknowledge that I'm speaking to him. It gets really old, really fast. He behaves so well for everyone else, so it's extremely frustrating that my days are literally spent start to finish arguing with him to behave. Short of taking away everything, I don't know what to do.

We tried time outs, no tv, taking favourite toys away, locking the toy room door for a while so he has no toys, and nothing even phases him. He's extremely aggressive with out pets - good thing they have tolerance, otherwise he'd have been attacked long ago. He will literally look right at you as he does these things, and not stop regardless of you saying anything.

The more I write down, the more I ask myself wtf am I doing trying for another one! I actually get upset when I hear people talk about how behaved their kids are. Obviously I did something wrong in a past life... lol.

Sara--no he ate well at my SIL's house and he had a small bottle (4oz) early, around 1pm so thought he'd be happy to nurse right before supper but he wanted nothing to do with it. His feeds are usually centered around naps so because he'd had his days naps there, he didn't want to. Today was a better day, but just concerned about my supply when I'm working a few days in a row so hence still pumping.

:hi:
In packing/moving hell. Three days left! :shock:
Plenty of Devil Simon stories to share, but 100,000 boxes to tape shut and label.
:hugs: to all!

Hey guys, that Shoppers Spin to Win thing is back!

https://www.optimumcollectgame.com/?plink=1340331973_XL38579

good luck with the move Sarah :hugs:

Anyone have fun plans this weekend?

DH's cousin is down from Thunder Bay for the week so I think we're going to visit with him tomorrow for a bit...then on Sunday Josslyn is coming over with Jasmine and Peyton to pick strawberries and play outside for a bit (so hopefully it doesn't rain!) and then in the afternoon I have a soccer game. So pretty busy by my standards! haha

Jeez I can't believe in just over a week the year is going to be half over!!! That means Joni is almost 6 months old! :shock:

I can't believe Joni is going to be 6 months!!!

They are actually calling for thunderstorms for Sunday lol! But maybe it won't happen.

Sarah- good luck with the move!

I'm trying to convince Stan to go strawberry picking but he's not to keen on it :rofl: I don't think he had much fun last year :haha:

I can't believe Joni, Claire and Ainslie are all almost half a year old! It doesn't seem possible!

Good luck with the move Sarah! I hate moving! lol

I can't believe how fast time goes either! My "baby" is going to be 2 years old in just over 4 months. Seriously, wtf? :rofl:

I know Melissa how did 6 months fly by so quickly?! I can't believe Clara and Ainslie are probably going to be crawling around in the Fall. I'm a little scared.

We've got a McDs playdate tomorrow morning. It's such a white trashy playdate lol, but they have a great play place and cheap breakfast and coffee. Then Shawn and I are gong to a concert by one of his clients - a Heart tribute band. I'm nervous about my sister handling all three kids for 4 hours and almost cancelled, but she says she can handle it and seems to know what she's getting into. It doesn't help that the twins refuse bottles. All this extra milk have pumped for them and they dont want it! :brat: Drives me nuts, but they'll eat cereal, so they'll get that mixed with bm before bed.

We were supposed to go to a pool party Sunday, but it's supposed to rain plus Shawn isn't sure he'll be up for it as he's recovering from his vasectomy.

McDonalds is one of my fave places to take Claire actually. :blush: We have two here, I'm not a fan of the newly renovated one uptown, there's nowhere for the parents to sit in there and I won't let her wander alone without us.

The other one is huge and has seating inside so we can sit and chat while she has a blast. I also don't mind their McCafe drinks either. :munch: :

:dohh: Now I want a sausage mcmuffin. :sulk: :rofl: However, I will have my shake instead. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->