Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I'm not sure what they would do if I had put them together when Peyton was that young. They share a room now but Peyton is almost 2.

Do they go to bed at the same time? Or seperate times? I know it took a bit of adjust for us, but we have a routine that works for us , it does take about half an hour actually of me in their room though. I do their story and turn the lights off and talk to them for a few minutes with them in their beds... And then I sit with them while they settle for a bit. I found just doing story and throwing them to bed left them too wound up lol!

I must be out of the loop! :haha: I knew the kiddos shared a room when they lived in the other place, but I thought that when Wendy moved the kids now each have their own room? :shrug:

:flower: Sorry Wendy!

I have no advice but wanted to offer some :hugs:

I thought they still shared a room :dohh:
Okay if they don't share a room, what I do is I have a fan going in each of their rooms and it really helps drown out the noise. I also put a blanket under Joni's door to help insulate against the hardwood floors. And when I put Joni to bed I turn on her sleep sheep noise maker :)

Oh, I don't know if they do or don't... but I thought they had their own rooms. I could definitely be wrong!

:haha:

I was so friggin' pissed off last night. Not gonna lie, I was in a bad mood to begin with and the day just kinda spiraled from there. But the cherry on my crap-cake was when I went to bring Gizmo for a walk. Our condo complex is kind of tucked in behind a strip mall and a row of townhouses. There's a tall enough fence separating our area from their back yards.

So I'm walking Gizmo up the strip of grass and I notice all these rib bones. I couldn't understand why there were rib bones all around and thought that maybe someone was giving them to their dog. :shrug:

I kinda drifted off into my own thoughts waiting for Giz to finish doing his stuff and I hear a noise, and I see another rib bone. I was so tired I got confused lol. Then all of a sudden I nearly get hit with another rib bone! The assholes who's backyard I was in front of must have been outside eating ribs and then tossing them across the fence into our area rather than putting them into the garbage. :growlmad:

I nearly got hit again and yelled at them to "F**ing watch it" and that our area wasn't a garbage. I get okay if your house backs onto a greenbelt or something... but just because we live in condos doesn't mean that you can throw your garbage into our area.

AND BREATHE. :haha: As you can tell, I'm pretty ticked about it. I'm tempted to go outside and pick up all the bones and throw them back over to their side of the fence.

I know, right? Like how freaking disrespectful! Their kids are really unruly as well, they'll hop the fence to come and play in our playground (totally fine) but then they throw things at the neighbourhood kids.

The 8 year old who plays with Claire from time to time was telling me about all the things they've said to her and thrown at her. Lord help me, any of them say something or throw something at Claire and they are not going to like the result.

:haha:

yikes! I'd be ticked off to Tiff :hugs: I hope today is a better day!

That's disgusting Tiff!

Wendy, Melissa has a good suggestion. I also have used white noise in the twins room since day one. It helps drown out crying. I know it's different with a baby and older child, but it works wonders with two babies :shrug:

Oh they don't share a room! I just mean for Elliot's naps. Helena hasn't napped in years! Their bedrooms are actually on separate floors. I nurse Elliot to sleep for his naps, so Helena is unsupervised and she usually watches a cartoon and is told that I will do something fun with her once he is asleep. Yesterday went down like this:

#1 attempt. Elliot is almost asleep, and I am about to transfer and she starts yelling GIVE ME MILK NOW. COW MILK. NOW. COW MILK. NOW. I AM THIRRRSTY. So I yell down "Helenaaaa just wait, your brother is almost asleep, I will bring you milk in a minute" Well she started temper tantruming "NO NOW MY MILK NOW" So I put him down and go get her frigging milk and tell her again "pls be quiet, I need to get your brother down for his nap so we can play together"

#2 Start all over, finally his eyes are closing. She turns up her show super loud. I ignore it. Then I hear a stool being dragged across the kitchen floor. That wakes him up. I hear her banging in cupboards. I figure, ok, if I get him to sleep fast, I can race down there. I didn't wanna yell in his face again. So he's asleep and I hear her coming up the stairs, she goes in the bathroom next to me (she has her own bathroom she is supposed to use) and starts yelling. Then she comes in my room and slams my door shut. Wakes him up and he starts screaming again.

#3 I put her in her room and told her to stay and play with her toys quietly, since I cannot trust her out of her room. She starts yelling that she is mad and hates everyone and wakes him up again once I get him reboobed and back to sleep. (She was now 2 floors away from him but she shrieks and kicks the wall)

#4 I told her now she needs to have a nap since she has destroyed any chance of me playing with her. Threw her in her bed. FINALLY get Elliot to sleep and am setting him down in his crib, when I hear her sneaking out of her room. Luckily, I got him down and asleep and his door shut before she started screaming down in the playroom. (Which is luckily yet another floor down, I have 4 floors)

Today was yet another gong show, and she did wake him up once, yelling about her drawing being messed up, and kicking and throwing her toys. No idea how to go about nap time. B told me to put her outside. But I can't just leave my kid outside alone every day. She will come ring the doorbell and yell outside for me.

White noise in Elliot's room could help a bit I think. I don't know. I put the twins down for their naps still awake so I don't have to worry about transferring them. That's tricky. There have been so many times where I'm nursing in the baby room before their nap and I hear noises in the living room and am cringing trying to decide to stop mid feed and check on him or just finish and hope he didn't get into anything too serious.

Oh I also have to nurse him in my room and carry him asleep to his room.

Kid sized hamster wheel for H?

I've seen these things on pinterest where if the kid is good they get to choose a treat (like a jar with sticks or something with random treats on it) like stay up late, or go to the park or something. Would something like that work?

I hope it gets better, it sounds really rough :(

Louder white noise?
I put Joni down awake too... She sucks her fingers till she's asleep.
I like Rachels bribery idea :D

oh that sounds annoying Wendy! And somewhat like what we do though Rhys still sleeps downstairs either in the swing or my arms. Any time I've tried putting him upstairs Hannah yells until he's awake or comes up after me or something equally annoying :roll: I keep trying to tell her if I can get him asleep up there that she and I can do more together on the main level during nap time but she just doesn't seem to care :dohh:

speaking of annoying older kids. We were on the bus yesterday and Hannah asked what these two kids were doing and I said I don't know but THEY decided to answer her and told her they were killing a fish/had a dead fish. So now all freaking day Hannah has been telling me about her "dead fish" in her bucket :dohh: :rofl:

Ugh our annoying neighbour girl talks about dead animals. She told jasmine she found a dead bunny in her yard and jasmine loves bunnies. And then she tried telling jasmine our neighbour heather kills bunnies (she uses live traps with veggies Nd lets them lose at a park).

I third the idea of putting older babies down awake. I usually tell jasmine she gets 1 show while I take Peyton upstairs and then the tv goes off and she has quiet time on the couch. I tell her she has to lay on the couch and rest even if she doesn't sleep. I only use the couch or our room because her and Peyton share a room and naptime together doesn't work lol!

Wow Wendy! That's crazy. You're. Scaring me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->