Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Hannah doesn't actually understand death at all so it did go over her head for the most part. But can you imagine me being out in public and her telling someone that she's carrying around a dead fish :shock: :rofl:

I did the trying to switch Claire to the crib after she fell asleep on me as well. What a nightmare! I personally didn't feel comfortable leaving her to cry until she was almost 2 years old. That was hard.

But you gotta do what you personally are comfortable. :flower: More of a noise machine perhaps? That helped BIG time with Claire.

Congrats Sandra!!!! I just saw your post then snooped in your journal :lol:

Thanks, I haven't really told anyone as I'm like five weeks. Please keep it off Facebook. :) I have to say I'm not as paranoid as last time lol. I still haven't even phoned the doctor lol

I have been sleep training him, and it has not been working. I also don't have time to have him scream for an hour and then have his 2 hour nap. That is three hours twice a day that I have to be home, plus bedtime. I was more looking for suggestions on Helena. I also have to nurse him because he is kinda hungry lol, and its hard when she is shrieking. It is natural for us to nurse and then me to set him down. Listening to him standing up in his crib screaming and throwing up, is not really for me. I'm not the type and he is not that type of baby. I have two nephews that are close in age to Elliot and they have always just gone to bed awake, this guy just doesn't. I realize people may not get that, but he does have his own personality.

And the nursing and nap is quick and not a pain in the ass to me! Its the quickest way for me to be able to spend my time with Helena. It's trying to explain this to her.

Anna used to fall asleep eating too. If we tired to sleep train she would also vomit. Then with the cleaning up and resetting she would be way over tired. I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. Around 15 months she transition herself and started to fall asleep awake. Now she's falls as sleep awake every night. So I totally understand.

I have been sleep training him, and it has not been working. I also don't have time to have him scream for an hour and then have his 2 hour nap. That is three hours twice a day that I have to be home, plus bedtime. I was more looking for suggestions on Helena. I also have to nurse him because he is kinda hungry lol, and its hard when she is shrieking. It is natural for us to nurse and then me to set him down. Listening to him standing up in his crib screaming and throwing up, is not really for me. I'm not the type and he is not that type of baby. I have two nephews that are close in age to Elliot and they have always just gone to bed awake, this guy just doesn't. I realize people may not get that, but he does have his own personality.

I absolutely get that :flower: And I wasn't suggesting you try putting Elliot down awake, I just meant that I put Joni down awake so I don't have that problem with Alia waking her up so I don't know what to suggest for H :(
Alia was exactly like you're describing E...and I would get so annoyed when people would give "simple" suggestions. And I totally get it now that I have Joni. Joni is a textbook baby so looking back, the advice I was given for Alia (which didn't work) totally would have worked on Joni.

I totally get it hun! Like I said, I didn't do the putting to bed awake so was totally in the same boat lol. Looking back, I wish I had did but that wasn't the path I chose for Claire and I and there was no way I was going to let her scream. :hugs:

I wish I had something to suggest for H. :( I have no idea, I'm not in that boat. I really wish I had something though. :( :hugs:

:hugs: Wendy I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing the way you put him to sleep at all. I did the same with Andrew and really I only stopped transferring the twins asleep after they were 2 months old because I just couldn't do it with two babies at the same time. :hugs:

I'm with you Wendy. I've tried to let Jack cry and he'll eventually fall asleep if I patted him but then he'd sleep for 15 or 20 mins and this would continue all day. It started to creep into nights...he'd wake loads cause he was so overtired. So I nurse him and either put him down or he lays across my lap on the couch if I have nothing to do. The only thing I used to do when I was a nanny was say to the older child to pick out a dvd, game or book and tell her when her brother is asleep, we can do it but if he doesn't then we'll have to put it away. I think she grasped the more specific idea rather than just saying we would have time to play. She was younger tho, only 2 years between the two of them

I think I read a lot of suggestions for h on here too. I'm sorry you were offended and felt like people were criticizing you, Wendy.

I had a lot of sleep issues with Peyton. Boys just seem to be more clingy. In the end unfortunately the best thing for him and us was to CIO because he got to the point of me not even being able to put him down. It's really hard, but I also have jasmine to think about and my day can't revolve around his sleep. I find if everything becomes too much about Peyton she really starts acting out alot more. Sometimes he has to take priority and sometimes she does.

And now Peyton is the best sleeper ever.

I agree you need to do the best for yourself. But I don't think it's fair to imply everyone else's baby is just easier... Listening to babies scream and cry sucks huge no matter what.

I wonder if you could buy H a special DVD with a bunch of TV episodes on it or something and then every time you have to put E down you let her pick out which episode she wants to watch and that could buy you some time? I don't know how easily manipulated H is haha...she sounds like she might be too smart for some of our tricks though :lol:
I just know Alia is a sucker for TV, but even she would rather be hovering around me all day :haha:

Congrats Sandra!! :happydance:

:hugs: Wendy. If H knows the rules, I know she is super smart, so what about a chart similar to this one: https://pinterest.com/pin/160159330468945727/ ?? I'm thinking of making one for Elyse (Obviously modified) so that she can see/have a visual reminder of how the day has been going?

Or what about a box of stuff that is specifically for just when you are putting E down/when he's sleeping, or announcing to her specifically "if you can be quiet and watch your show while I put E to bed, you and I are going to do make this craft, but we need a lot of time to do it, so you need to be quiet for me please" or can she go on the computer and do a game or something? I hope something works soon <3

I would love to make some mommy friends in the Kitchener Region if there ae any around, add me to Facebook :) Paulinka Zaborska

I'm in Mississauga :)

We do occasionally have meet ups between those of us in the GTA area

Wendy if you do find something you'll have to pass it on to me. Honestly I'm just thinking Hannah will be in school in a few months and I'll probably try harder at that time to get Rhys to go down for naps in his crib--but he's younger and doesn't really have any kind of set routine at the moment. She is a lot like you described Helena, she'll be perfectly fine on her own and I need to do something for Rhys or have just gotten him to sleep and she flips a switch :wacko: Yesterday I asked her if she was ready for lunch and she wasn't--which was fine. 5 minutes later Rhys was hungry so I go to feed him and she's screaming at me how hungry she is :roll: Stan was upstairs so he made her lunch-took her the better part of an hour to eat it, she wasn't really hungry :roll:

I did not imply your baby was easier. I was just clarifying that my problem is Helena acting up, not Elliot and sleeping. I have been doing cio at night time, which is better because Helena goes to bed first. I was just saying I do not have the capability to just set him down alone to scream for hours in the day, nor is that effective for my family (B sleeps during the day as he works 7 pm to 7 am= etc) I just typed all of these posts on my phone so I did not reread it before posting either. Not offended, just wanted to state I was looking for things to occupy Helena, not sleep training advice at this point :)

I am sure if he was put down awake or asleep, if she ran in and slammed the door, he would wake up ;)

ETA: Thanks for all the great suggestions :D I usually just put a show on and tell her we will do a craft once I am back down, and that the faster he is asleep, the faster I can come do something special with her. Will be good to show her exactly what we are doing, or she could set it up or something. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->