Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

OMG REBA!!!! :wohoo: Best news all day, hands down!!!! :wohoo: :dance: :yipee:

What great weather today! I loved getting the kids outside for the majority of the day.

Can not wait until summer!!

I'd probably be more excited if we actually got a summer here. Will be lucky if it's warm enough to wear shorts for a few days. Usually damp cold and miserable.

Yeah I've heard the weather over there isn't that great. :neutral: Boo! :(

LOVING the weather! Of course, I checked TWN and its going to snow again this week. Dang it! :hissy:

yeah tomorrow doesn't look good :sulk: Will be stuck inside with Hannah--not pretty :rofl:

Yesterday was awesome weather here and today is blah :(
I'm hoping tomorrow it isn't raining at least... I'm going up to visit SIL and baby and we were planning to go for a walk!!

I'm so glad the play groups are still running during march break!!! Otherwise I'd be getting creative haha

:wave:

Congrats Reba!

I want to put J in jk now LOL is that possible hahahaha. I have looked at preschool options. Im not sure how things will be with daycare seeing as Eve is due 3 weeks after me :wacko: but 2 hours a few times a week doesn't seem enough time for me (seeing as she goes 8 hours now to daycare). she will go crazy staying home with me so i have to find SOMETHING for her.

Sara do you have playgroups nearby? I love them because they're free and you can take both kids. I took Joni as a newborn and she just slept the whole time mostly while Alia played, did crafts, sang songs, etc. It's a lot like preschool except you're there with them.

We have the EYC's not sure about other playgroups tho. I need to look into it!

Our EYC runs all the playgroups in the area...there are ones on certain days at the EYC and then the rest are at elementary schools in the area....which is great because I take the girls to the one where they'll eventually go to school. Definitely check out your EYC website...I bet they have lots of great programs for J!

The eyc's are great here. They one near me is open every morning. But they only have the mom and baby group 2x a week.

Daycare is too pricey for me to send the kids while I'm on matleave though. But if people can do it that great because having a break is great :)

i can't afford it full time.. but maybe part time - but im not even sure if thats an option with Eve. My big issue, is that i suck at being a SAHM... i am ok when they are newborn, but at J's age, im not cut out for it. i don't provide enough structure or education LOL.

Haha well if you can find a good playgroup you can sort of structure her day around it. Ours is 9:30-11:30...so we wake up, have breakfast, get dressed, out the door, playgroup, come home, have lunch, nap time, wake up, snack, play time, dinner, bath, bed! On non-playgroup days it really seems to drag on...it IS tough entertaining a toddler all day....as she gets older though it will be easier to hold her attention span long enough for more activities like play doh, colouring, crafts, etc.

Reba!!!! :yipee::happydance: Awesome news, congrats!!!! Sending sticky vibes your way! :hugs:

I am no help on the daycare thing. :wacko: I have my Mom, who I hope provides enough structure, etc but I am somewhat doubtful. :roll:

BUT, I can't be picky. I have free daycare afterall. :blush:

:rofl: If she's anything like my MIL anything goes! :haha: Seriously she lets Hannah get away with murder :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->