Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh with....couldn't leave my baby boy. Husbands maybe.... :haha:

I plan to leave the kids behind and join Shawn on a work cruise in November ... as long as I can wrangle enough child care :wacko:

we just got back from a not so great cruise LOL but maybe if i left J and T behind i would have enjoyed it more :haha:

I could leave my kids for a cruise haha

I love the zoo, I'd love to meet you Sarah!!!! The splash pad and stuff would be awesome too. I haven't been to the science center in ages lol

I would love to leave my kids behind :haha: though Rhys would have to be older before I'd be up for it :blush: I could leave Hannah happily behind though :rofl:

Of course I'd have to find child care which is kinda problematic.

Maggs & Amanda you know if you come to Ontario you have lots of choices for free places to stay ;)

Thanks Vickie ... though not sure anyone would want my crazy twins in their house :haha: WHY did I think girls would be calmer?

eh :rofl: We'd just have three toddlers running different directions ;)

My house is far from calm. Hannah's wild, really wild :rofl:

hahaa ya Peyton is definately the calmer/quieter of the 3!!! Girls are just wild... and more defiant LOL

Oh, I'll pit your little wild lassies against my two Boy Tornados. My boys will represent for toddler boy chaos anyday. Sigh.
And the cruise will have an entire deck just for children, run by a staff of Mary Poppinses, so we'll be free to party! :happydance:

Rhys's toddler stage worries :argh: He's already into everything and climbing everything and shoving everything possible in his mouth :rofl:

Peyton has done some bad things (smearing penetane all over the couch lol) but generally the tantrums etc from jasmine are worse :shrug:

Well, they are all individuals in the end, but the stereotypes of girls being more emotionally complicated and boys being mini-hellraisers has rung true for a fair few of us, I would guess? :) I often envy the parents of the girls at playschool or gymnastics - the girls seem light years ahead of my boys in terms of listening skills and they are so funny and sharp, but parenting a girl through puberty? Whew! Not for the faint of heart.
And again, that's not to say that boys aren't complex individuals, but I do find myself amazed at how happy my sons are to just run around and wreak havoc. I just watched Brave and those crazy redhead triplets? Those are my boys! :) They are sharp as tacks, but it's so much about mischief for both of them. :dohh: Good thing I have a sense of humour? :)

hahaha I have to agree with you 100% Sarah....Alia and Joni can both be over dramatic and throw the biggest fits, but they're boy cousins, whoa mischievous little buggers!!
When we were in Florida at the rental house, the first thing Alia's cousin did was pull a glass serving dish out of a cupboard and smash it on the ground. He's super smart too but just loves destructing and getting into things. Whereas Alia will do puzzles and read and colour for more than 5 minutes.

I have yet to see any obvious gender differences in my kids, but the twins are only 14 months, so it could certainly be coming :shrug: But toy preference, appetite, temper, activity level, physical development ... I mean there are small variations between each of the three, but nothing consistent based on gender.

Amanda I found the gender differences come out a bit later on....like sometime after 2... but that's just in my experience with the girls and their cousins....definitely not going to be the case with all kids :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->