Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:ignore: :rofl:

Shouldn't complain it was quite nice here too (comparatively) but yeah... I can't wait for the snow to be gone!

still snow here to. though I can't complain to much because Stan isn't whining about barbecuing because he can't get out back yet :haha:

I think it was on Reba's journal she posted a link to a recipe on Skinnytaste.com.... K if you guys haven't looked at that blog - its a MUST. Recipes LOOK AMAZING (and have WW points done FOR YOU!)

Frack i printed a bunch.. some tim wont eat - but i dont care!

https://www.skinnytaste.com/
Ya it was mine - I made the beat salad with pecans and goat cheese and it was SO good - of course now when I think of it I can't stomach making it again :(

OH!! My brother moved down to California to work for ... oh this big company that we call "Dr" when looking stuff up on the internet when we're freaking out about pregnancy symptoms :rofl:

Anyways...
He says that people look at you really weird if you ask for Ketchup with your macaroni!
And they know you're not local when you say thank you to everyone for stuff like thanking your waiter for bringing you more water :haha:

I love that site. She has such great recipes on there.

I'm going to use the bbq this week lol I'm excited. The weather has been beautiful. It's warmer today than it was yesterday so maybe we'll see 20 degrees :D

err :rofl: I actually find it quite the opposite. I grew up in a very small town in Texas and I find the people there a lot more polite and considerate than here. Sorry :rofl: But I think a lot of it is big city vs. small town rather than US vs. Canada ;)

yep i think thats a lot of it... Big city canada can be just as rude as EVERYONE else.. but you get more politeness in smaller cities/towns. I am the one who thanks the waiter for everything (including topping up my water) and on occasion i'll get some give me a look and say your welcome.... but most of the time they just ignore me LOL.

yep I say thank you for everything to. And a lot of times I get crazy looks. I even thank the bus driver every day when Hannah gets off the bus :shrug: :rofl: I'm the only one who does it but hey she gets my kid home safely which to me is thank worthy!

Yeah Toronto doesn't exactly roll out the welcome mat ha ha.

Sara, I found those cups online at target and walmart.

I say thank you when people bring me something or help me. I have walked away from a table as they were saying thank you and felt bad for it but most times people don't say thank you so it catches me off guard sometimes.

The manners thing is both rural vs urban, but it might also be (in the States, anyway) a bit of South vs North? I have heard southerners describe the north as lacking in that quintessential charm and hospitality that is very much part of the southern culture.
But these are all pretty big stereotypes, too. My relatives in the States are all very friendly and courteous, and they are all over the map.

oh there is definitely a South/North division in the States :haha: some probably true, some probably very biased opinions :)

The furthest south I've been in the states is Florida. I was pretty young when we went but everyone got a kick out of me while being there and kept referring to me as a "snowbird" ha ha.

I've never really spent enough time down there to really see people's differences though. I went to Michigan and people there weren't very helpful, we got lost and had to stop for directions and the gas bar guy refused to help us and told us we have to buy a map if we wanted to get unlost. :rofl:

But I can't say that's how people are there, we've got jerks who work at gas bars up here too. :haha:

HAHAHA funny enough my boss's boss (from Ann Arbor Michigan) is visiting this week, and just came in and questioned Jeannine (our receptionist from Montreal/northern ontario) about the picture of poutine on one of the domino's ad's from quebec! Yes the domino's pizza places in Quebec sell fries :haha:

Wow Tiff! I would have been so annoyed.

Did she not realise that they sold them Sara?

nope. the people at my head office are like ostriches with their heads in the sand...

Oh wow.
Mine come up with interesting ideas that cause more work for us. I often wonder if they actually try these ideas out themselves before implementing them, however they do know what is on our menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->