Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Yeah I actually ran out of bedding, so worst mom of the year award, but he is sleeping on a slight pee spot (dried) with a baby blankey over top of it :haha:

I just can't keep up with all the laundry.

Amira did the headbang thing occasionally, there were a few times I swore she had broken my nose. I think I freaked out one time and smacked her upside the head. She cried but it happened a hell of a lot less often.

Sorry Wendy :(

He will do it on the grass, and it doesn't hurt him bad enough, so he walks over to the sidewalk and bangs his head into it.
WHO DOES THAT?

:/ :/

Reba I am so excited that you are preggers btw. SO EXCITED

Thanks Wendy!
I am SO excited as well - especially now that it's getting close to when we'll tell people EEEEK :D :dance:

I think I shall keep thank link in case I need it in the future!!

If you're really worried about the head banging talk to a Dr. ?
:hugs:

Man, I would have definitely bought those sleepers for Claire. Kid used to drive me nuts! :haha:

I want to say that most kids go through a phase where they bang their head, but Claire never really did it so didn't really look into it. Might be something to mention to the doctor?

Yeah I actually ran out of bedding, so worst mom of the year award, but he is sleeping on a slight pee spot (dried) with a baby blankey over top of it :haha:

I just can't keep up with all the laundry.

This may have happened at my house on occasion....:blush:

And holy crap - the laundry! I can't keep up with it, either. If I miss one day, just one - a mountain appears next to the machines almost like magic.
:laundry:

sorry Wendy no help here either. Hannah never did that and Rhys hasn't (yet). Hope you find something that helps soon--that would be scary and frustrating!

Anyone have any plans for Mother's Day this weekend? I have to work Fri, Sat and Sun so not much of a weekend for me... but oh well. :haha:

nope :haha: I keep asking Stan what we're doing and I get an "I dunno" as a response :haha:

He has asked me what I want to eat for dinner though so he's going to cook at least :lol: And I know he bought me an aerobic step that I was looking at but didn't want to fork out the $ for (accidentally saw the receipt when I was cleaning stuff for the party) and he bought me a heart necklace that I showed him on WagJag :lol: Funny Hannah's actually really pissed about the necklace because she didn't get one and I won't let her wear mine. Even funnier before he bought it he was arguing with me that I never wear the jewelry he buys. So I pointed out that the locket he bought years ago is broken and the anklet got broken summer before last but was to big anyways on my ankle because of all the weight loss :rofl: he shut up after that

I don't think Shawn has any plans, but he did ask me what I'd like. I told him I'd love to get together with another couple and have wine and dessert while the kids play. That's not too much to ask I think. At the very least I'm going to insist on ice cream at some point this weekend :haha:

I'm hoping for something.....anything.... but DH is golfing all weekend and we're celebrating his parent's anniversary Sunday night so if something does happen it would be Friday or Monday.

We are both working through the whole weekend, too.
We'll do something, but I am not too worried about it. I am more worried about the fact that I did not get my mum's mother's day card in the mail on time. She is coming down next weekend for a visit, so I have plans to spoil her a week late, but she gets VERY sensitive about Mother's Day (and her birthday) and her family not making a bit of a fuss, so now I am adding that stress to a stupidly busy week. I have no less than four major projects (scripts/workshops/re-cert courses) all happening in the space of seven days. Over and around the usual childcare/household stuff. I feel like I'm in finals week at university, except for also kids.
And it's my own fault. Why do I say yes all the time? Why?!!! :argh:
Anyway, I would like a nap for Mother's Day. Uninterrupted. Three solid hours. Oh the bliss! :sleep:

We're announcing our pregnancy to family!!
We had pictures done by a friend last Sunday and we'll be e-mailing out pictures with a little blurb (well I'll be doing it :haha:) and then we've got Mother's Day brunch - details still TBA as his family is famous for last minute stuff. For his parents we've ordered helium balloons that say baby shower - I couldn't find any that just said baby :( but either way we're putting them in a HUGE box and we'll get his mom to open it up as her mother's day present. The balloons are all pastel colours orange, green, yellow, purple. We figure it'll be a great way to announce for them.

I'm hoping for something.....anything.... but DH is golfing all weekend and we're celebrating his parent's anniversary Sunday night so if something does happen it would be Friday or Monday.

It must be a very important golf tournament? Maybe raising funds for deadly diseases or helping poor starving children somewhere and he HAS to be there? :haha: I'm not super wound up about Mother's Day, but I'd expect a bit more of a gesture from the ol' hubby if the day that is supposed to honour my role in the family came backseat to a hobby. Are you cool with it or is Mr. Melissa blithely heading for an apres-golf ass-kicking? :gun:

we're announcing our pregnancy to family!!
We had pictures done by a friend last sunday and we'll be e-mailing out pictures with a little blurb (well i'll be doing it :haha:) and then we've got mother's day brunch - details still tba as his family is famous for last minute stuff. For his parents we've ordered helium balloons that say baby shower - i couldn't find any that just said baby :( but either way we're putting them in a huge box and we'll get his mom to open it up as her mother's day present. The balloons are all pastel colours orange, green, yellow, purple. We figure it'll be a great way to announce for them.

lovely!!!!

Oh, Mr. Melissa definitely got an idea how non-plussed she was. :haha:

My Mom is really sensitive about Mother's Day as well, so is MIL. But for as long as I can remember, when we were kids we always celebrated my Mom on the day and didn't do anything with my grandparents. :shrug: I may or may not have had a slight hissy fit on the phone. :blush:

Which I get my viewpoint will probably change as I get older and so does Claire but for the here and now I feel like I'm the one in the trenches. I'm sure being a mother to a adult comes with another set of challenges, but for the here and now its far easier for her to be a parent. We're self sufficient, wipe our own bums, can make our own food, we go to bed on our own, wash ourselves etc. :haha:

Its not that I dislike doing things for either my MIL or my Mom... but it gets frustrating that neither of them seem to care that I'm a mom as well. Its my day too! But anything happening with me tends to get lost in the shuffle of making sure both of them are taken care of.

They want gifts, they both want to be taken out for dinner. We just don't have that type of money right now. I think because its fully expected that this is what we're to do for them, it kinda takes the joy out of it for me. :blush:

Woah. Went on a tangent there. :blush:

Tiff - EXACTLY. I love my mum to bits and she is so generous and caring and supportive of everyone, but this weird pressure and expectation around Mother's Day makes me stressed out and kind of resentful, at times.
Heh heh to Mr. Melissa's well-deserved earful! :haha:
Okay, we are off very early to help film a segment for city parks and CTV. The boys look so sleepy and rumpled - it's quite funny!

It must be a very important golf tournament? Maybe raising funds for deadly diseases or helping poor starving children somewhere and he HAS to be there? :haha: I'm not super wound up about Mother's Day, but I'd expect a bit more of a gesture from the ol' hubby if the day that is supposed to honour my role in the family came backseat to a hobby. Are you cool with it or is Mr. Melissa blithely heading for an apres-golf ass-kicking? :gun:

:rofl: He's not curing anything....apparently it's a qualifier for another tournament :roll: yay.

I won't get into it again (already ranted in my journal), but I am less than impressed because he did this to me last year as well and did nothing to celebrate me as a mom at all - not even a handmade card from the girls.

So ya, Mr. Melissa is most likely in for an ass-kicking....actually I believe I said I'd kick him in the nuts if he didn't do anything at all for Mother's Day :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->