Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I was wondering how your big reveal went Reba! :dance: So happy for you!

YAY Reba!

Glad everyone had a nice day. I didnt' do much, i've caught J's cold. Tim did try to take me for breakfast (i declined) and we did end up going for supper (but more for convenience).

I had a GREAT day leading birdwatching tours at the bird sanctuary! :)
Then I came home and we ordered take-out from my favourite Japanese restaurant, followed by a positively divine cake (lemon and coconut) and a very nice bottle of wine!
And today, I got to go pick out my present: a new wallet! I have used a very beat-up old canvas travel wallet for almost a decade and I recently discovered these really fun wallets and picked out this one:
https://mywalit.com/en/large-double-zip-wallet-purse/seascape/
So, I felt very spoiled and pleased and have been having lots of fun trying to fit my kajillion cards and crap in it! :blush:

So, I had the weirdest thing happen today. I had to clean up our garage a bit as we are storing some things for my brother for awhile. I started on it just after four and got really focused on sorting and cleaning. The sun was out, the boys were playing in the back yard so I kept chatting to them as I worked, and after what I figured was about an hour and a bit, I thought I should go in and toss dinner in the oven.
I walked into the kitchen and the clock said 7:30. I checked all the other clocks, thinking that this could not be right, but it was. I somehow entered a worm hole in the time space continuum. I swear up and down that I could not have been out in that garage more than an hour, but apparently I had unwittingly put in 3.5 hours. I actually felt quite guilty. Poor husband had been frantically trying to call me for two hours, as he had a late call and knew I needed to go pick up my brother and his stuff at 7:30. He was starting to get really freaked out that I wasn't answering the phone. And the boys got dinner at their usual bedtime. :dohh:
Maybe I should have asked for a watch for Mother's Day... :blush:

Cute wallet!!!

That's crazy you were out there so long.....but that happens to me too....if I get in to the cleaning/organizing "zone", I can be at it for hours and hours without realizing it!

I think it's daylight savings - it was so bright and sunny all afternoon and evening, I just had no clue it was late.

well at least you got a lot done? :lol:

it is very bright out later now! I feel weird putting the kids down at 7 :rofl:

It is super strange putting The girls to bed when its bright and sunny. Luckily they don't question me on it :lol:

I go to bed and it's still daylight lately but it's summer and it's light out till after 10.

that's crazy Maggs!

I don't feel guilty putting my kids to bed at 7 :haha: they are monsters after 7 :rofl:

I know! Still light out till about 1030 and the sky is lightning again by 4. Scotland is on the same latitude of northern Labrador or so.

Not only does summer bring bedtime enforcement challenges, it brings unbelievable amounts of filth. I should have taken a picture of the boys' bathwater after last night's bath. Dark grey. :sick:
Oh well, dirt=healthy immune system?

Ugh. Having one of those nights with Simon. He is so great and fun these days and then he has these episodes of being such a stubborn, willful, disobedient little @#$%$!!!!!! And he ALWAYS pulls these when I am at my most tired and least patient. I know it's normal and part of being four and all that, but it makes me so so so mental. Like I am going to regress into a four-year old and throw my own tantrum if I have to deal with one more thing. :brat: Maybe I should try that? It might get his attention! :haha:

I totally think you should throw a good o' tantrum :rofl: I bet that would smarten him up :haha: "Oh no mom's lost it!" :haha:

My kids are the same Sarah, out in the dirt all day pretty much and fight tooth and nail until the sun goes down about bedtime LOL... I detest the sun for the bedtime problems.

We had a nice mothers day, I didnt really get spoiled, we all went to a fishing memorial and Jasmine caught a little sunfish.. And then we came home and napped and then went out for dinner to boston pizza :)

We've got the blackout curtains and they seem to work well for Claire. She doesn't have a hard time going to bed if its light (for the time being, thank god) but I'm sure as she gets more older she's going to start questioning it ha ha.

Hannah's back talking is at an all time high, so frustrating!

Hope your house sells soon Joss!

My kids are grubby at days end to :rofl: I figure at least they are happy?

I've tried black out curtains but they just push them aside anyways lol

my solution is to not put her to bed till 9:30 :dohh: :rofl: but its sorta the routine she set for herself, and it works... she sleeps 9:30 - 7/7:30 and naps for 2-2.5hrs in the afternoon. AND I figure when the baby is born, newborns have such messed up schedules I will probably LOVE that J sleeps till 7:30 so that im not getting up at 5 with a toddler after being up all night with a baby!

My kids still sleep until betttween 6-7am :) Even when they do go to sleep by 8pm! LOL I dont think I could stand them being awake and downstaires until 9:30, especially since there are more then 1, they just get overtired and fight.

I look forward to my quiet evening time way too much

My girls both go to bed between 8 & 8:30 and wake up around the same time in the morning.... works for me!!! Except I wish Alia still napped. I do quiet time but she rarely ever falls asleep then anymore so usually the only time she naps is in the car if we're driving somewhere.

I say whatever works!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->