Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I hope your home stays nice and dry Sandra! :hugs:

I hope everyone else is staying safe!

I'm seeing the pics here and it's horrible! Stay safe and dry!!

:hugs: Stay safe Sandra. I hope your house is spared the flooding

Glad that you're okay Sandra! Sarah's okay for the time being too, which is good. Hope you all are high and dry! :hugs:

yes stay safe every one. I hope houses are ok!! eeep scary stuff

We are great. It is actually very surreal. I am mere blocks from the Bow (we are just shy of 12 blocks up from the river), but way up on the top of the embankment. If I walk four blocks downhill, I can see the destruction. But just standing in my yard, it is just a normal rainy day in June. We are completely unaffected. No power outages, no water seepage in the basement (thank the gods!), no biol water advisories even.
Work is another story. Both the bird sanctuary and the Zoo were hit very hard. :( I will hopefully be helping with clean-up next week.

I hope they are, those poor animals :(

I'm glad you guys are ok though Sarah! Is the place you were renting before in the bad zone?

Wow I hope all the animals are okay :(

we had a friend over today who had family in the affected area. His sister was texting him pics--crazy stuff! I can't believe how bad it is!

All the animals are fine, but the grounds will be a big mess when the water goes down. I would anticipate some pretty major damage to some of the buildings, too.
Rach - the place we were renting before is also up on the embankment, but it had basement flooding issues. I can imagine it is absolutely drenched down there right now.

Glad the animals are safe Sarah! Someone posted on fB the poster for madagascar (the movie) where the 4 animals are in the ocean with goggles and a snorkle and it said "welcome to the calgary zoo" - i didn't get it at first, then i thought it wasn't very funny :(

There was a bunch of hooplah over a picture showing that the Calgary liqour store was charging $20 for bags of ice.

Apparently it turned out to be fake, one of the radio stations posted it? Not cool though. :nope:

I'm so glad to hear the animals are ok! And also glad that you weren't still living in that place.

Wow that's not cool about the ice. Queensland (where the store is) is north of my community Deer Run. Our ice and water was free.
We returned home today and our basement has a bit of water but nothing major. The bow river has gone down a lot.

CanI join in here? I live in QC but am British - although I say Mom and not Mum :haha:

Hi buzzy! I'm Canadian but live in Scotland :)

I spoke to Mom yesterday and they've been trying to get in touch with friends who live in Calgary. I guess Dad said by the looks of the map, the flooding would have been right on their doorstep :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->