Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Welcome to all the new joiners. So glad to hear you are safe Sarah and Sandra.

:hugs: Glad everyone on this thread is safe!

I saw some of the pics of the streets after the water went down :nope: Hopefully the clean up effort goes well. And very happy all the animals are safe!

:hi: Buzzy and welcome!! I'm a Texan pretending to be Canadian :lol:

It's a mess here. We have friends in Bragg creek (just west of the city) and it's awful. It's very surreal to see the areas that have been hit and see the damage that was caused. It's going to be a long time till the city's back to normal...

How horrible! I lived in Halifax when hurricane Juan hit and it was shocking how bad it was.

:( sounds awful Cleo. I'm sure we're only seeing a tiny bit of the true extent of it on the news here.

Are your friends all safe?

Wow that really sucks. :( Makes me feel bad that I was going to ask what everyone's plans are for the long weekend. :blush:

Spoke to Dad earlier and they got a hold of their friends and they're all OK!

Glad they are all okay Maggs!

Not much planned here. Stan wants to get some sparklers for Hannah and we will bbq, maybe hit up this kids event they have going on at the living arts centre

We usually take the boys down to Prince's Island Park for the big City-sponsored Canada Day festival, but pretty sure that's cancelled as Prince's Island Park is riverside and one of the worst hit by the flood. Blergh!!
I know that my famliy has been super lucky: lots of people lost all their possessions and have massive damage to their homes. I am bummed by my job sites being down and feeling somewhat trapped at home. Boohoo, right? I get it. I'm not really complaining, per se. More just trying to figure out what to do...
My kids have cabin fever and I'm not sure where to go. They need to play outside, but all of our usual places are no-go zones - even the mountains! :( Why? Well, even the places that are now accessible again are questionable. Want to hear super-nasty? All the flood crud is drying up into a delightful, toxic, airborne dust - basically an aerosolized form of e.coli/etc from the dried-up flood waters.
Am seriously contemplating moving myself and the boys down to my parents in BC wthin the next week. I was heading over there anyway on the 17th. The only problem is that I would be on my own. And would I go crazy FOR SURE if I had to try to wrangle those two with no break for several weeks.
Hence the dilema: what to do...? Am trying to figure this out over the next few days.

They are in the interior, Amanda - in the Kootenays. I would love to do a massive BC road trip and come out and visit everyone, but on my own, I am afraid I might lose my marbles! :wacko: :haha:

Geez that sounds horrible Sarah! Maybe the trip to BC will be worth it, rather than being housebound. Where do your DH's family live?

No big plans here the weekend yet. I work most of it but we'll try to order out for Chinese or something to celebrate our anniversary. SS isn't coming this weekend so we'll have some time alone once Jack goes down.

I hear you. I couldn't do that by myself either. I hate long drives with little children

My husband's family are in Ontario, Maggs - and we are heading over there in Aug. But in the meantime, husband can only get away for smaller stints, so I am looking at road trip with two small boys all on my own.

If you do decide to come to BC Sarah you can always do a day trip over here whenever you wanted and let the kids play! Our park is nice and safe despite being beside the river. It's a bit fast flowing but it's far enough away that you could catch a kid before they got too close.
Just an idea!

If you do decide to stay there I hope you can figure out something to do with the boys! :hugs:

We have plans for Monday now. I'm having a potluck with my friends at my place. I haven't gotten together with most of them in ages and I miss them. Plus I think my house is too clean or something so I need a bunch of people running through it and kids making a mess lol

to clean :rofl: I never seem to have that problem :haha:

Oh that's hard Sarah! And really my issue with going to Texas on my own. Not sure I want to handle both kids for an extended period all on my lonesome :lol:

I saw some of the clean up efforts at the zoo on the news yesterday :nope: it looks like it is going to take a while :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->