Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Mmm nothing wrong with BBQ's. :haha: Steak on a BBQ is probably my fave :munch:

we had steak last night :munch:

Tonight he was going to do chicken but decided it was going to rain so made a stir fry and we got a tiny little shower and it was over :haha: so I had to hear about how he could have just barbecued :roll: I wasn't even home when all this happened :rofl:

Isn't it weird how a major catastrophe can hit literally a few blocks away and yet you can be totally unaffected? I still can't shake how surreal our flood feels.
I guess I wasn't totally unaffected. I lost my job at the Zoo (although that is hopefully not permanent) and my brother lost his place in a riverside neighbourhood and is living with us until he finds something else. So I definitely have some major flood-caused changes right in my face, but nowhere near what some flood victims are suffering. I think I associate the flood damage with the images I see in the media (even though I saw lots of it up close), and those just aren't my reality?
Not sure if I am making any sense.
Anyway, I have almost finished the last project for my Parks job, so I should be ready to start really enjoying a free-as-a-bird summer vacation pretty soon. Woohoo!

Oh no sorry to hear you lost your job at the zoo Sarah.
I hope it's not permanent either :hugs:

Enjoy your summer off though!

I imagine it's very hard to wrap your mind around such destruction when parts seem fine. I hope you get your job back soon!

Sarah are you still coming to ON? :)

Hope everyone is well! Crazy busy here with Hannah home :haha:

Holy crap it's alive!

I'm sick :\ We're supposed to go to a friend's house today but I don't want to get anyone else sick :( Stuck at home, may hit the farmer's market for some more peaches and nectarines though!

Feel better Rach!!!

We're going to pick up our new van and then go out to red lobster for dinner :munch:

Happy birthday Melissa! Enjoy your new van and dinner!!

Hope you feel better soon Rach.

Im just working on project evict a baby :haha:

I voted on today so c'mon baby!!

Happy Birthday Melissa!

Feel better Rach :hugs:

Happy Birthday Melissa!!!! :cake:

I'm doing okay, still really woozy from surgery. Made P stand beside me while I had a shower as I'm still really wobbly on my feet. :rofl: Good times!!!!

good thinking having him stand with you :thumbup:

:hugs: feel better Tiff & Rach!

Enjoy your dinner Melissa and happy birthday :flower:

long day with grumpy kids here. And tomorrow will be busy with soccer and swim :argh: Hopefully Hannah gets enough sleep tonight :wacko:

Thanks ladies <3

Tiff I think that's smart! Even if it's awkward....I passed out in the shower one time...not fun.

yea... I made DH do the same.
We had a one person shower so he stood outside just to make sure.

Hope your doing ok tiff!!!! :hugs:

Sarah: im sorry to hear about your job and the stuff going on out west, that all really sucks.

The shit storm continues here. Finally got an offer on our house and the inspector told the people we have major foundation problems and it would be $50k to repair. Plus we need a new furnace and both of our cehicals are about to die... .

Good times I tell ya. Crawl into a hole and die doesn't begin to describe it. ANd on top of all that I was displaced at work and thrown into a position where I have to drive to a hospital thats over an hour away for4 hour shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->