• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

I think if you're having trouble with too many kids anytime would be ok. I don't think it's rude, I think some people wouldn't be able to come due to lack of sitter but I think most people would understand.

I hope you guys have fun today :hugs:

Last year, my friend's son who's bday is in January felt the same way. All she did was call me up, and say that she's just having her kiddo's friends at the party and hoped I understood. It didn't even cross my mind that it was something to be mad or upset over! :hugs:

I think saying that their parties are getting to be too many people and its harder to manage with having 3 kiddos so close in age is fine. To be honest, if anyone doesn't understand that or feels slighted I personally would re-evaluate their friendship. :flower:

For jasmines 4th birthday party we only invited her friends, which meant they were dropped off an no one stayed. I preferred this because then I didn't have to make small talk with 5 parents lol!

I see no harm in asking that, it is definitely reasonable to want fewer kids and less chaos if possible.

I wish I could do outdoor parties, because I really don't mind lots of people, but in the middle of the winter my house can only fit so many. Also I notice that when the older kids are around they tend to dominate, which I don't want for the twins party. They already have to share so much; it doesn't seem fair that they have to share their birthday party with all their friends' 3, 4 and 5 year old siblings.

Ya that's a tough one.... hopefully nobody gives you any grief over it but I think most people would understand. We only do immediate family at the girls birthdays....that includes a little handful of cousins but none that are too much older. And yes Alia's birthday in August is much easier than Joni's birthday in January since we can go out back. For Joni we actually did two parties...one with my immediate family and then one with Nathan's. Worked nicely.

I would just explain to people, I think most would be understanding. Hannah's gone to a few parties that Rhys hasn't been invited to which is fine!

It is nice to have warmer month birthdays so you can throw people outside, I do enjoy that aspect of my kids birth dates (though I suppose Rhys's *could* go either way as we do have some cold snaps in May at times).

Not sure what we're going to do in the future as Hannah wants to invite more and more of her own friends. Maybe just do a party for kids and later a party for family :/ Actually Stan would just prefer to do the friends party and drop the family part :rofl:

DH's family always seems to have a party for friends of the kids and a party with the family. Splits it up so you have two parties but way less people to worry about.

I don't ever remember going to a party where my siblings were invited :shrug:
I agree though if they complain perhaps a look at the friendship is in order!

I know have 1 friend that I let bring all her kids... LOL... and its because we've been friends for a long time.

Happy Thanksgiving!! Very jealous I'm not there to celebrate it.

Happy Thanksgiving! Wow, hard to believe the last post was in August! How is everyone doing? :hugs:

Pretty good here. Had my reversal three weeks ago, and recovering well. Finally got internet in my house after almost a year of being here. Heading back to work Wednesday.

Everyone else?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah it's been quiet...I've been more involved in people's journals I guess. I don't find myself on here as much as before either ... maybe because I'm no longer TTC, pregnant or have babies. I'm firmly in toddler/preschooler land now and no going back for me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Things are going good here. I was wondering when the thread would be revived again lol

All is well here! not much sleeping going on but that's to be expected...

I just post in journals all the time too!

wow! I cant believe there are like no posts in here! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->