• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Hola amigas! Yep, we're slacking on this side. How's Christmas shopping going?

It's not. I haven't bought a single thing yet haha. Got a birthday party to get through first.

Mine's going ok but I'm still trying to figure out what else to get Peter for Christmas. I need to pick up some small stuff for Amira as well for her stocking.

I'm not really in the xmas or shopping mood these days. As many of you know, I lost my little brother three weeks ago. We were very close and I am totally devastated. I just feel so bloody sad right now. Hard to think about xmas stuff at all. :(

Oh my gosh Sarah, I'm so sorry! Do you have a journal? I hardly see you on here. Sympathies to you and all your family :hugs:

We're nearly done shopping for Jack, the littlest other kids we have to buy for are done and the big kids are just getting money. Including SS after the birthday disaster! I'm off Saturday, well off after a night shift so I'll drag DH in to finish. Easier to shop when he's entertaining Jack.

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry. That's devastating! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.:cry:

Thanks everyone. :flower:
I'm sorry to bum out the thread just when everyone was getting chatty again! :) I wasn't going to say anything, but that felt kind of odd. It's weird to come on here and talk when my world has just totally changed. I felt like I needed to let everyone know, you know?
I am having a rough week as we are back in Calgary and I am dealing with my brother's stuff in his storage locker. It is so painful, but it is helping me accept that he is gone. I think once this stuff is taken care of, I will feel a bit better.
And the more I think about xmas stuff, the more I think that the energy and cheer that goes with the season might really help.
I had most of the kid shopping done before my brother died. The xmas cards and family gifts are the big daunting task ahead of me! :)

:hugs: Talk about it all you want Sarah. Maybe it will help some to talk it over, vent/rage, get it out? :hugs: You know we're here for you. I am so very sorry for your loss :cry:

Things are busy here as usual! Got a good chunk of my shopping done this weekend and have made 6? maybe 7 types of cookie dough that are in the freezer ready to be baked! And I must be crazy because I've decided to host a x-mas party at my place the one weekend we are free between now and Christmas :haha:

Sarah if you need anything at all just ask.

I have even thought of Christmas. I'm a last minute shopper. I love the stress of shopping right before Christmas lol.

Definitely talk about it if you need to Sarah, we're all here for good times and bad :hugs:

I pretty much only have stocking stuffers to buy for Nathan and I think I'll do that in Florida, stuff is cheaper down there :lol:

Definitely talk hun. You ladies were a godsend when my fil passed, we're always here to help. Vent, cry, rant... whatever you need. <3

:hugs: Sarah

I'm so not on the ball with Christmas stuff this year. The only thing I'm proud to say I have completed are some little photo albums of the kids for Grandparents. I've got some stocking stuffers for the kids too, but no significant gifts. I still have to get Christmas party outfits for them all too. Oh and I havent even decided what to do for Christmas cards this year. We're not getting a family photo this year (theres no way I'll get both twins to cooperate) and I'm considering ecards for the first time. It sounds lazy, but I also feel bad about all the paper wasted and postage costs too. And I'm not putting up a tree this year either, which makes me sad. I LOVE Christmas trees, but the twins will climb up it when I'm not looking and it would be dangerous. Oh well. My favourite part of the holidays is parties and gatherings anyways and we're going to go to all of those!

Amanda, I just laughed so hard at your girls! :cloud9: :rofl: It's probably annoying and terrifying and maddening, but the fact that you can't do a tree because you know they'll just climb it is also really funny and awesome. I take it they haven't outgrown the climbing at all, eh? It actually sounds like they may be taking it to new levels. I think I remember Stiina posting something on her FB page once about friends of hers who mounted rock climbing grips all over their hallway walls to give their wee climbers an outlet. You certainly aren't the only one to have to deal with that problem, it seems! :) I am still defending all things living and non from sword fights. Peter Pan is the longstanding obsession in our house, complete with swashbuckling. Saints preserve us. And the cats. And the furniture. And probably also the house.

They're getting better - I have trained them not to climb the table and the stove, but I wave the white flag with the other furniture in my house. I'm sure I could train them not to climb the tree, but it would take constant vigilance for the entire month it would be up. Not how I want to spend the holiday season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->