Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

That's hilarious, Vickie :)

Whats everyone up to tonight? Just started snowing here again. Boo.

Cute picture, Brandi!

Where did you get the name Kesler from?
I know you pick interesting names :D

I had a group to go to tonight. Just got home a few minutes ago. It's a parent group that is supposed to help separated and divorced parents who have had a lot of conflict between each other learn to communicate again. I've done it before but Mike didn't. Now he is, so even though I don't have to do it, I'm doing it anyway, and can honestly say it's working. We went from silent treatment at exchanges and name calling in texts to getting along really really well...almost friends, I'd say. It feels good not to be constantly angry anymore.

As for Kesler, when I first found out, I told Isaiah that because he's the only boy, he could pick the baby's name if the baby was a boy. I had my heart initially set on Levi Matthew Oliver, but held up my promise. Isaiah wanted to name the baby Ryan Kesler after the Vancouver Canucks hockey player (his favourite...and kinda sexy too), but he already has an Uncle Ryan, so he said he wanted Kesler. I think it works as a first name, lol. The challenge was finding middle names, as all my kids have two, and then finding two that were also Biblical to keep with the Biblical Boy Name (and I LOVE Biblical Boy Names, although not religious at all)

So I came across Benjamin and thought Kesler Benjamin sounded amazing. I'm still debating on the Silas though. It's still a toss between Kesler Benjamin Silas and Kesler Benjamin Levi and every time I post a poll, the results end up split 50/50 lol. I'm swaying towards Silas though.

Oh, and my friend emailed me the gender cupcakes tonight. Aren't they fabulous?!

Attachments

• gender cupcakes.jpg
    gender cupcakes.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, we're HUGE Canucks fans in this house. My daughter Anberlin was ALMOST Vanessa Danielle (Vancouver, Daniel), lol.

Went to the doctors, the kids are sick although it's only a cold. They took a swab from Remy to see if it's something else that babies can get.
So we go back again tomorrow morning. Not sure how I'm going to swing that with getting Amira to school or if I should keep her home. She would have gotten it from school and the teacher told me unless she's super sick or puking out either end than to just bring her in.
I'm supposed to bring Remy to the hospital at 8-8:30 and then take amira to school for 9. I don't see this working so well.

:hugs: aw sorry they're both sick Rach. Hope your day goes okay tomorrow

Congrats on the little boy Brandi!

Hi Sarah! How are you?

Great pic of baby boy Brandi and that's so sweet you've let your son pick his name. Glad you and your ex are getting along better due to counseling.

Rachel...hope glad the Dr saw him. Better safe than sorry.

Hopefully the swab showed nothing. Rhys caught SO much crap off of Hannah last year it wasn't even funny :nope: Good luck with getting Amira to school :hugs:

:hi: Sarah

Hi Sarah!

I didn't get a call but we are heading back there soon. I'm keeping Amira home today, she's coughing so bad she's almost throwing up.
Remy is also coughing even worse today and is really stuffed up :(

We had a good night! He woke up twice and let me sleep otherwise. We had four super shitty days and now hopefully we are back to good.

Hi Sarah! :D :D

Yeah Rach, Elliot was so sick with Helena being in school. On the plus side, this year he has hardly been sick because his immune system must be killer now.
Glad you got some sleep though :hug: Wish we all lived closer so I could bring you some soup or coffee or whatever you needed.

Anyone watching the women's hockey game? We have it on here and Jack's wearing his team Canada jersey :)

No we're watching Thomas :rofl: I'm just not that into the Olympics or really any sports now. I used to watch football but since having kids that's a thing of the past!

I'm boycotting the Olympics this year. :( I usually like watching them though.
I am just drinking coffee and watching Best Ink and Elliot is watching Team Umizoomi while Helena is at school. I love our quiet mornings.

I'm just loving hockey on TV here! We never get it. Usually just crap English football and cricket.

Thanks Vickie and wendy for scaring me lol

I just wish he didn't get sick so early..you know??wait a few months lol

So we won't get the results for a few days, they had to be shipped off to Vancouver (6 hours away). He said they both have colds though. Remy isn't struggling to breathe, he's eating well and still has plenty of wet diapers so he's not too concerned but wants me to bring him back tomorrow to be checked again.

Glad that it doesn't seem to be anything more serious Rach! :hugs:

We haven't been watching the Olympics. #1 we don't have cable so that's tough and #2 I can go on to FB at any given moment and there's a status update as to how we're doing. I never really did watch the sports parts though. Mainly just the opening and closing ceremonies. :)

Waiting for my friend M to get here, she's cutting my hair (whoop! needs to be done!) and bringing her daughter so her and Claire can play. B hasn't seen Frozen yet so I think they'll watch that. :D

M's going through a rough time, she discovered a lump on her breast. :( She had a fast tracked ultrasound yesterday but will still be seriously upset about it until she gets the all-clear from her doc. Not what she needs when she's almost 30 weeks pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->