Canadians TTC

Hopefully you don't leave! You would miss us!

Thanks hun. And your right, I would miss you all. Its just frustrating when something bad happens and you want to share with everyone in your "grief". Yes, I am a big geek, I was sad when I heard MJ died, and just wanted to talk to all the other ladies on TTC that I had gotten close to. I dont go to the other parts of this site, for that reason, I dont post there because it doesnt pertain to me. So I felt it wasnt such a bad thing to discuss what happend with all my fellow TTC'ers.

CD13 here... and due to ovulate tomorow... but I dunno if we will get around to :sex: :(

I hate my OH's stupid midnight shifts!!!

My DH is talking about going back on night shifts, I suggested maybe he wait until we get pregnant otherwise it will screw everything up! I know he can make more money, but still, he sleeps during the day and most of the evening, when I am going to bed he is waking up to go to work, or sometimes we miss each either completley, hard to get pregnant by myself!! lol

Its not really the midnights that is the prob... its our 8 month old baby lol... Her schedule just doesn't jive with the midnight schedule my OH is on... it seems like any optimal time for getting pregnant is when she is awake lol

Awwww, thats sucky!! Want me to come babysit one night? lol, j/k

Hey trishla reposting this question so you see it, how long did it take you to get into the calgary fertility clinic? DH and I had a referral for IUI sent in about a month ago and the waiting is killing me.. did you have to wait long? What are your fertility problems that you had to do IUI? Was it is your DH?

Hey trishla reposting this question so you see it, how long did it take you to get into the calgary fertility clinic? DH and I had a referral for IUI sent in about a month ago and the waiting is killing me.. did you have to wait long? What are your fertility problems that you had to do IUI? Was it is your DH?

Hey Kelly. I'm so sorry I haven't been on since I posted! It took us about 5 months to get in for our first appointment from the time we were referred by our doctor. Once we got in, we had to do a ton of tests, HSG, semen analysis etc. After all the initial tests, they start with a simple IUI, clomid from days 3-7 and then IUI about 24 hours after your LH surge, if there aren't any serious problems. We had to do IUI because of morphology and motility problems. Has your DH had a semen analysis yet? Mine had one with our family doctor and he told us he had "super sperm" so we were a bit floored.

Hey Girls! I'm from toronto and I guess I have a stupid question to ask.... :?
I'm not sure about how all this stuff works, but My last period was in april and if I haven't had once since does that mean I'm not ovulating?? and I wish I could say I was preggers but I've done about 6 tests and all :bfn:!!! :dohh:

If I'm not OVing does that mean its unlikely to get pregnant now even if I keep trying!? For once I wish the :witch: would just come so I can start again :cry: a :bfp: would be even better :p but after all this time i highly doubt it.... if after June and still no AF then I think I will go see a doc... any of you ladies experience this before??

Hun, I recommend you see your doc as soon as you can.

Hey trishla thanks for responding, my DH has the exact same problems low motility 51 right after producing sample and 37 after three hours with 90% of his semen deformed. Our GP also told us his results were good so we were floored to! I have already had all the blood work done and just had my HSG below, read below about how that went. DH is booked for his second SA in july so all of our tests should be done by the time we get there, although they will likely do another SA. It's been about a month for us now, I hope it doesn't take 5! I have barely made it through the first one!

I had my HSG today, good news is my tubes are perfect and clear! The bad horrible torturous news is that if Effing hurt! We're talking about the absolute worst pain I have ever had in my entire life like worse then when I broke bones and had surgery on my knee combined! Apparently I have a sensitive cervix. It was so bad I almost passed out and was hyperventilating pretty bad. I had even taken extra strength advil and tylenol! All I have to say is thank god I never have to do that again although now I am a little afraid for IUI since they have to put a similar tool up in the cervix. At least there is no ballon or I hope there isn't for IUI as that part hurt the most! I still have lingering cramps but nothing to bad anymore.

Hey trishla thanks for responding, my DH has the exact same problems low motility 51 right after producing sample and 37 after three hours with 90% of his semen deformed. Our GP also told us his results were good so we were floored to! I have already had all the blood work done and just had my HSG below, read below about how that went. DH is booked for his second SA in july so all of our tests should be done by the time we get there, although they will likely do another SA. It's been about a month for us now, I hope it doesn't take 5! I have barely made it through the first one!

I had my HSG today, good news is my tubes are perfect and clear! The bad horrible torturous news is that if Effing hurt! We're talking about the absolute worst pain I have ever had in my entire life like worse then when I broke bones and had surgery on my knee combined! Apparently I have a sensitive cervix. It was so bad I almost passed out and was hyperventilating pretty bad. I had even taken extra strength advil and tylenol! All I have to say is thank god I never have to do that again although now I am a little afraid for IUI since they have to put a similar tool up in the cervix. At least there is no ballon or I hope there isn't for IUI as that part hurt the most! I still have lingering cramps but nothing to bad anymore.

The HSG sounds like it was torture for you! At least the tubes are clear, that's awesome news. It sounds like we have pretty much the same problems. Have you gone for your day 3 blood test to see what your FSH is at? The doc at the clinic said mine was a bit high for my age but nothing that we're facing is "the kiss of death" as he says. I hope it doesn't take you guys so long to get in. It is so hard waiting, hang in there!

Hey ladies what an awesome group!! I'm in Calgary as well. My hubby and I have been TTC #1 for 2.5 years. We are working with the fertility clinic. I had my 2nd IUI on Friday. Our first was successful but unfortunately we MC at 7.5 weeks. I really look forward to getting to know everyone!!!

Welcome!! Sorry to hear of your m/c. I am on the waiting list for the fertility clinic here in Calgary.

Feel free to grab the sig and put it in yours!

Hi Sassy, thanks for the welcome! It's so awesome to be able to talk to people from Calgary. How long have you been waiting to get into the clinic?

Hey ladies what an awesome group!! I'm in Calgary as well. My hubby and I have been TTC #1 for 2.5 years. We are working with the fertility clinic. I had my 2nd IUI on Friday. Our first was successful but unfortunately we MC at 7.5 weeks. I really look forward to getting to know everyone!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your m/c, was it your first?? Well thats good that the IUI worked for you! Hope everything turns out good for you!!

Hi Mom, thanks for the welcome! It was our first. It was the most horrible thing ever. Where in BC do you live? We moved to Calgary from Kamloops and I miss the wonderful BC heat and endless lakes terribly!

Welcome!! Sorry to hear of your m/c. I am on the waiting list for the fertility clinic here in Calgary.

Feel free to grab the sig and put it in yours!

Hi Sassy, thanks for the welcome! It's so awesome to be able to talk to people from Calgary. How long have you been waiting to get into the clinic?

So far, its been about 4 months! And my doc said it can normally take up to a year, but because of my age, it shouldnt be that long. She already had us do some of the testing so we are prepared and dont "waste time" with the test they are going to want to do anyway. DH had his S/A, I had bloodwork and an U/S. She said about 85% of the ppl who are on the wait list, normally get pregnant while waiting anyway, I sure hope I can be included in that 85%!!!

Trishla my fhs was a 6. I am perfectly healthy and fertile it is DH. Besides the blood work and HSG what other tests do they make you do? We're getting a bunch done now so as not to waste time.

Sassy I called the clinic to get a quote on costs and to ask some questions and they told me only a wait time of 3 to 6 months after my FS had said 9 months to a year so you should get your call soon. Are you going in for IUI?

Sassy I called the clinic to get a quote on costs and to ask some questions and they told me only a wait time of 3 to 6 months after my FS had said 9 months to a year so you should get your call soon. Are you going in for IUI?

I have no idea what they are going to do, because all of our tests came back good, so I am wondering if this is the delay?? :hissy:

I dont even know the name of the clinic, where it is, etc....all my doc said was she sent the referral:cry:

Hey Girls! I'm from toronto and I guess I have a stupid question to ask.... :?
I'm not sure about how all this stuff works, but My last period was in april and if I haven't had once since does that mean I'm not ovulating?? and I wish I could say I was preggers but I've done about 6 tests and all :bfn:!!! :dohh:

If I'm not OVing does that mean its unlikely to get pregnant now even if I keep trying!? For once I wish the :witch: would just come so I can start again :cry: a :bfp: would be even better :p but after all this time i highly doubt it.... if after June and still no AF then I think I will go see a doc... any of you ladies experience this before??

Forgot to say Welcome!! And please feel free to grab the sig and put it on your profile hun

:hug:

It's called the calgary regoinal fertility program https://www.regionalfertilityprogram.ca/services.php

Normally when they refer they refer for a specific course of action like I was referred for IUI, if you were referred for IVF it might take longer as the wait is longer. You should call them and ask which program and where you are on the waiting list, they are all very nice. Did your tests and DH's tests come back all good? Like are you dealing with unknown infertility?

Thanks so much Kelly!!!!!! And all tests so far came back fine. But I see from some posts there are a few tests I haven't had yet, maybe the clinic does the rest. I will call tommorow and at least make sure we are actually on a wait list.

I looked at site, but it doesn't say if AHC covers the costs

AHC does not cover the costs of the actual treatments only certain drugs like clomid. It's all out of pocket. IUI is the cheapest at 250 a cycle with IVF and ICSI being the most expensive. The clinic will do whatever testing they need to do if you haven't had it done so they will likely get you to have an HSG test and will redo an SA for DH. I am not sure what other tests there are maybe Trishla can fill us in? I"d like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->