• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can't admit to anyone else...

Long story, but I haven't been able to go yet :nope: and will be going in later today. :nope:

Sorry you couldn't get there yet
I hope that you get some answers today :hugs:

So I haven't really had anything today, but I rang the birthing centre (that's all we have here, you can't give birth at the local hospital, and have to go to Swindon or Bath if you want to give birth in a hospital environment) and they said they can't do a speculum exam there, which is required to find out where any bleeding is coming from. I was then told to ring Bath hospital (30 minutes away) and talk to them about it ... so I did, and was told that since I have no other signs of infection, no pain, no red or heavy bleeding and no reduction in movements, they don't need to see me, but to ring back if it gets worse. Soooo ...

I dunno really. Not particularly helpful, but I'm not sure what I was expecting. I guess I'm just a bit worried I've possibly been losing blood-stained bits of mucous plug, making me concerned that my cervix has dilated some. Not especially likely, I know, but it would be nice to know that's NOT the case. Just got to hope it goes away for good now.

What a waste of time. Can't believe how useless some hospitals are :( I hope that the bleeding stops soon :hugs:

So I haven't really had anything today, but I rang the birthing centre (that's all we have here, you can't give birth at the local hospital, and have to go to Swindon or Bath if you want to give birth in a hospital environment) and they said they can't do a speculum exam there, which is required to find out where any bleeding is coming from. I was then told to ring Bath hospital (30 minutes away) and talk to them about it ... so I did, and was told that since I have no other signs of infection, no pain, no red or heavy bleeding and no reduction in movements, they don't need to see me, but to ring back if it gets worse. Soooo ...

I dunno really. Not particularly helpful, but I'm not sure what I was expecting. I guess I'm just a bit worried I've possibly been losing blood-stained bits of mucous plug, making me concerned that my cervix has dilated some. Not especially likely, I know, but it would be nice to know that's NOT the case. Just got to hope it goes away for good now.
That's a bit shit not very helpful at all :( how many weeks r u?

I'll be 23 weeks on Sunday. And yeah, not much help at all. :( I guess if I had reached viability they would be more interested. But if I do have an infection or something, I'm now just going to be left to get on with it?

Nothing is really happening today so maybe it's stopped. Of course, I thought that the first time, so now I'm just going to be constantly worrying that it will start again. :nope:

I'll be 23 weeks on Sunday. And yeah, not much help at all. :( I guess if I had reached viability they would be more interested. But if I do have an infection or something, I'm now just going to be left to get on with it?

Nothing is really happening today so maybe it's stopped. Of course, I thought that the first time, so now I'm just going to be constantly worrying that it will start again. :nope:
R u feeling babies movements ok? They shud hav more concern about bleeding in pregnancy :( glad it's stopped u might hav a sensitive cervix making u spot hope u r feeling OK

Yeah she is moving all the time. As there is absolutely no fresh blood loss and it's just regular cervical fluid mixed with a tinge of colour, they don't think it's a big deal, but I agree, they should show a bit more concern. How hard is it to take a quick swab and have a brief look ... don't get me wrong, having some nurse peering up my fanny is the last thing I want, but I'll do it to be sure everything is ok. Yet they're not even giving me the chance!

Yeah she is moving all the time. As there is absolutely no fresh blood loss and it's just regular cervical fluid mixed with a tinge of colour, they don't think it's a big deal, but I agree, they should show a bit more concern. How hard is it to take a quick swab and have a brief look ... don't get me wrong, having some nurse peering up my fanny is the last thing I want, but I'll do it to be sure everything is ok. Yet they're not even giving me the chance!
Not hard at all :( but on the plus side they r obviously not to concerned hopefully u won't bleed again but if u do demand they check u over I take it u like me on the UK?

Meep you poor thing I'm sure it's just worrying theclifr out of you. Not being fresh is hioefully a good sign

Could u have an erosion on your cervix? Surely someone is obligued to look for you??? It's causing you anxiety it's not fair to not know

Yeah I'm in the UK. I've had no actual bleeding, it's just the usual milky lotion type stuff but tinged very pale brown or peach. It's really weird.

I know I've had a cervical ectropion before from being on the pill but I haven't taken it for like four years. I don't know if it goes away when you stop or not - either way, I've never had any random spotting before, ever, pregnant or otherwise.

Obviously your cervix is different after you've already given birth once though, so it's probably more sensitive now. I'm leaning towards it coming from my cervix and not from anywhere more worrying, but obviously can't be sure because they're being useless. If it's still happening or starts up again in a few days' time I'm ringing again.

Meep that really sucks that they wont just put your mind at ease. I hope it doesnt come back. Ive had that happen after sex before. Just irritated my cervix.
But it would be nice to know where yours is coming from.

Wish your scan was today, everything ok?

Everything went perfectly thank you Mrs H! I got my wish, it's another little BOY & he is 100% healthy!! I feel very lucky & blessed. My son is just as pumped as we are that he's going to have a little brother 💙

Wish your scan was today, everything ok?

Everything went perfectly thank you Mrs H! I got my wish, it's another little BOY & he is 100% healthy!! I feel very lucky & blessed. My son is just as pumped as we are that he's going to have a little brother 💙

Awww congratulations :) send boy vibes my way please :)

Hooray! Glad everything is healthy too after the wobble at the first scan. :)

Hooray! Glad everything is healthy too after the wobble at the first scan. :)

Thanks Meep hope you're ok after your bleeding scare?
I went to a different scan place this time because of how shit the first one was with the nuchal scan & I'm glad I did, it was amazing. I was happy to pay a little more! P.S baby has a nose haha

I'm ok, still having it on and off but I've given up trying to get help - nothing new is happening and I think my cervix is just irritated.

I am so glad he has a nose lol. I'm addicted to sniffing bubble bath at the moment (same thing happened when I was pregnant with my last one) and would be seriously depressed not to have a nose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->