Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Hi Girls !

My laptop power supply died and I finally got the new one yesterday.

Hmm, I don't really have 'stretching' pains unless these sharp stabby ligament pains are from stretching. My bump changes a bit because my uterus is tilted backwards. In the mornings it's very firm. I have so much scar tissue from my csections that it's hard to feel the top of it. I know it's there because my stomach is bigger and I've been wearing a bella band for weeks now but between the scars and the fluff that was already there its difficult to find the actual bump !

I've been SO uncomfortable in bed but I bought this wonderful pillow thing called a Snoogle. It's shaped like a long 'C' and it's perfect ! It fits perfectly between my knees and under my neck and then I can rest the bump up against it - divine !

Loving my doppler, it's so reassuring.

:hugs:

I just bought my angel sounds! I am worried though because the midwife had a hard time finding the lil heartbeat so maybe I will have a hard time too!

HEY LADIES! Where has everyone been the passed few days???? Is anyone finding out the sex of the bub??? I am going to try and find out on September 22nd and man oh man I am PUMPED!

I'm going to try and find out on Tuesday ! I have my peri appt then and I think they usually do a quick scan. I'm going to ask them to anyway because my bump has a very definite left lean to it and baby keeps hanging out WAAAAAyy over to the left as well, little strange !

If they can't or won't see it on Tues, I have my anomaly scan booked for 26 Aug, so I will (fxed) find out then. I cannot wait !! I've been holding off baby shopping until I know the sex and $$ is burning a hole in my pocket !

I've been fighting nausea - again.
Am due for a scan nezt week - 16 Aug. seems so long since my last one. I'm keen to find out baby's gender but OH isn't. so Doc has a policy that either both parties want to know or nobody knows! OH is VERY involved in the pregnancy and accompanies me to ALL the prenatal appointments. needless to say I'm sooo waiting for the appointment he can't make and then I'll ask :)
I'm bulging big time now! and it looks prego! May i ask who of us are under 30yrs old? Doc has indicated that i need to decide whether i want the testing for Downs done - but since I'm 29 i'm considered low risk etc etc but he MUST give me the option (something about ethics). so I come on and read other posts on BnB and get completely freaked out at the amount of ladies having the tests and subsequent amnios and cvs ' done thinking that i should go ahead with it only to later discover that most of them are late 30's early 40's. so I'm sooooo confused! anybody shed some light or thoughts plssss

I'm 33. I had the Nuchal translucency ultrasound and the accompanying blood tests. The scan was fine, and I'm guessing by the fact my doc hasn't called that the bloods were too. I have my appt tomorrow !!

I hope hop hope I get a little scan and they can see the sex !

I've decided to make the public announcement at the end of August. I'll have had my anomaly scan (26 august) and I'll be 18 weeks then. Just can't think of what to say on Facebook.....so silly, does it even matter ?:wacko:

Doctor has said that i'll have the Nuchal translucency scan done anyway. bleh! i hate having to make decisions!

Smudge i reckon let the people guess - post something like "18 weeks down 22 left to go" and see the tongues wag! A friend of mine posted something like that - and did it ever generate chatter on her profile!!!

Well my appt was fabulous ! all my bloods came back perfect and so far so good !!! Had a scan and guess what, guess what, guess what ???? I'm having a...................................................................

BOY:happydance::happydance::hugs::baby::dust::crib::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::dance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::juggle::fool::football::wohoo::loopy:

I'M JUST A BIT THRILLED....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm so pleased for you smudge - glad your bloods came back good!

I can't believe one of us is at the "gender" stage ALREADY!!! seems like yesterday we were all fretting about Hcg levels.

OH ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am DYING to find out what my bubs is! It seems like yesterday we were all so new at this! Now we are flying through the 2nd tri!

Oh HUGE congratulations smudge!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

We've decided to tell our LO tomorrow - I'm actually quite nervous about it!

Thanks everyone ! I'm so excited and terrified at the same time. I always thought I was going to be the mother of boys and when my son died I was so confused. I think thats why my husband and never felt 'done' having babies - we were waiting for another boy :baby:

Dr seemed completely convinced that there was a little weenie in there, I can only say I HOPE HE'S RIGHT !! My anomaly scan is in 15 days.....I'll be completely convinced then ! The only thing is... I have all these lovely girls names, and no idea what to call a boy:shrug:

It's so funny how quick time has passed. Just yesterday we were all worried about HCG levels, first scans etc. And now we're closer to halfway than to the beginning.....and we're going to have babies !! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

hahaha My OH won't even consider boys names until he knows what it is. We already picked out a girls name "Breton Christina" after my favorite city in Nova Scotia and my sister who passed away from SIDS. Now if it is a boy I want "John Sterling Parker" after my father, John. My grandfather, John Sterling, and my OH's baby nephew, Parker, who died at 39 weeks gestation on August 28th, 2009. *I can't believe it's almost been a year*

I like both those names. Especially John, thats my Dads name too.

Well I am having (excuse me) a SHITTY day. I've been on this committee for a few months doing the publicity for a charity shop. I've been trying to have new brochures printed and other stuff done and the whole thing has turned into a massive joke. I'm being excluded from emails, I can't get anything done etc. It finally came to a head today and I resigned. Then I called a friend who had been helping me, burst into tears and told her the story. then I got off the phone and sobbed my heart out on the bed.

I feel like crap. I wish my husband was home right now :cry::cry::cry: But he's away and I can't call or email. Stupid hormones.

Now I feel like I have to do something, I can't relax !! Sorry for the raving, I literally had noowhere else to do it....:wacko:

oh smudge - i'm so sorry you're feeling shitty - if it's any consolation - i've been having serious breakdowns. sobbing uncontrollably for no reason at all. I cried like a baby when i burnt supper the other night. cried because a taxi driver cut me off. burst into tears at the store because they didn't have my brand of shampoo. so don't feel bad honey.

As for those dumb committee people - they don't deserve your efforts. And i'm sure you enjoyed what you were doing and you probably feel super hurt by all of it. But as with everything - it will pass.

I now have a meeting to go to - stupid meeetings all week already and all i can think of is food and sleep.

so i'm convinced i felt bubs kicking last night while i was putting DS to sleep. is it too early?

I've been the same too smudge. I'm a bit fed up of feeling fed up to be honest. My ms has pretty much gone, but I still don't seem to have any energy and I'm SO tired all the time. That added to the hormones has led to me being an emotional wreck. I'm constantly crying or grouchy.

My poor OH is bearing the brunt of it, but luckily he's still being a complete star. He might be rubbish at washing up (which I seem to feel the need to go on at him about constantly at the moment!) but he's AMAZING in most ways :)

I hope you feel better soon smudge and that your OH comes home soon :hugs:

And you too mommyd. I think I've felt Button moving a few times too :) I don't think it's too early, especially not when it's not your first pg.

Well I am down with one of 2nd tri's worst symptoms....the dreaded yeast infection. This is the worst one I have ever had and it is so painful I can barely wear undies to work :( Let alone shower/sit down/go wee/walk/bicycle...anything. I am so uncomfortable, and cranky and I really am unsure of what to do about it! GRRRRRRRRR

What a happy bunch we are.

I've never in my life had a yeast infection. Weird eh? I feel like the only woman on the planet.

I feel better now that I've handed everything over and gotten myself away from those horrible incompetent, patronising morons !! My husband came home from sea last night which has also significantly improved my mood.

I can feel my baby moving, it's not too soon MommyD. I've got an anterior placenta too, but I can feel it anyway. I keep having these episodes where the bottom of my bump feels really sore on the inside and my crotch feels bruised and achy....anyone else ??

I'm off to make roast pork with vegetables and apple sauce and a cherry pie....YUM.

Hi girls
How is everyone!

I am off to tenerife for a week in afew hours!!! Last holiday just me and hubby!!

I hav enot had the joy of a yeast infection but I am well and truly constipated!! I have not managed to go for the last 5 days!! DOcs have given me something fo it but still does not sem to helping.

Wont be on here til get back from hols so will speak to you then.xxxxx

P.S HAd 16 week midwife appt on monday and heard BOb's heartbeat for the first time!!! Absolutely amazing! One of the best sounds ever!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->