Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Wow, Ginny! That is really great to get a free scan :happydance: And you get to see your baby earlier than you expected to! Yay! A plum is after the lime :)

Still no baby, Clobo! Wow. Keep bouncing!!

Twinkie, I just realized that I have been calling you Twinkle. Oops! Has baby moved yet?

Pink, I think I need to borrow some of your get up and go! Haha! I did a water change on my fish tank and did 3 loads of laundry and I was pooped. (Kelly is a lime this week, I am an orange ;))

Lozdi, is today the day???

How are you doing today Kelly?

Hi to everyone else :flower:

Thank you for the suggestions about my allergies. I think I will go out and get some saline nasal spray today. I have a neti pot but I couldn't use it yesterday since my sinuses were so swollen from sneezing that they were blocked. Today it is much better so far. The few times that I did sneeze, though, I noticed that my stomach muscles are sore from sneezing about 200 times yesterday. :dohh: I also went through an entire box of tissues yesterday. I am hoping that saline spray will keep my nasal passages open and hopefully that will help.

I don't think honey will help, unfortunately. I know there is a place in Newfoundland that makes honey, but my allergies are more indoor allergies. As far as I know, from the testing I have had, the only outside allergen I have are "trees". Not very specific! I don't think bees get pollen from trees so I don't think it will help. :( I am most allergic to dust and that is pretty much impossible to avoid. I hope that this isn't the start of something that will last longer.

I can't believe I am an orange!! Wow! 5 more weeks and I will be 1/2 way there!

Also, today is the due date for my first mc. I am sad that I should be holding my baby in my arms now, but, I am holding my baby in my womb, so it is a little easier. I just have to wait a little longer to hold baby in my arms.

Aw Mindy, :hugs: for today chick but these things happen for a reason i always think and you have that baby in your belly now, give those tummy muscles a squeeze and "hug" your baby.

xxx

Yay for free scan! :happydance:

I have no useful info on allergies, I haven't had much experience of them except an old housemate who was allergic to cats, he was cured by sticking it out and not avoiding the cats, few weeks later and he could be around any cat!

No baby yet! We DTD earlier and I have been going up and down the stairs alot with massive piles of laundry...haven't used clary again yet as I don't want to over use it now and then find I hate it in actual labour- oils are funny like that. I still can't come into contact with geranium oil after using too much of it years ago!

hey ladies hope your all ok
wow pink wish i had your energy ive been rough today ms all day and cant eat a thing been on sofa all day feeling sorry for myself oh headr hb think hes getting excited he hasnt mentioned dtd again not sure when ill do it maybe when if i get that far 20 weeks.dam i really do feel pooey i want my mum lol

I hope you feel better soon, Kelly :hugs: I am glad your OH seems to be getting more excited now.

These babies in this thread must be so comfy! Haha!

yay for the free scan! That's excellent news! Who would pass up on a free look at tadpole :haha:

Kelly so glad you are finding your little ninja on the Doppler now :D little wiggle-monsters they can be!

Hi to everyone else :) hope everyone had a good weekend. I managed to get a sneaky trip to Ikea in today :) still forgot things though :nope: gives an excuse to go again :haha:

I finally got round to making that ice coffee shake. Its completely gorgeous!:happydance:

Kelly sounds like your OH is now realising fully that there is a little person in you that you made together, I expect he will be more understanding now, you don't have to DTD at all if you don't want, but if you find yourself wanting to, then its ok just be gentle and don't choose positions that could squish you. :hugs:

I have never been to Ikea! I hear it does bad things to money so I avoid it as we are on quite a tight budget lately! :haha:

I had some slightly orangey tinged cm earlier, and a couple of crampy feelings...Lil Fella feels huge today! He is so low down walking is an effort!

I really hope he comes soon!!

(I really am going to have to try that drink!)

ts - happy orange! Sorry :dohh: Can't help more with the allergies. I am allergic to dust mites but it seems better as I have gotten older. Still very allergic to cats no matter how long I am around them. Shame as I really wanted to be vet nurse when I was younger but couldn't see what I was doing for streaming nose and puffy eyes!

Kelly - Happy Lime! Glad OH is feeling a bit more excited. My OH only got excited after the scans and properly after the 20 week one. Hope the ms settles soon.

Pichi - argh I am so jealous!! I should have put an order in with you!!:haha:

Loz - fingers crossed this is the start of something. We need a baby now, but technically clobo is the over due one, so hurry on baby clobo!

I did more cleaning doing the windows and hoovering the cobwebs from the ceilings downstairs, but then had a cry when I realised my chicken wasn't defrosted fully this afternoon. Damned hormones!! So my planned Sunday roast ended up being tuna on toast, but my rice pudding turned out fab.

I am allergic to things with fur too. I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. I find I am ok with the cats now because I have had them for so long. I only have problems with them if I rub them and then rub my eyes. Or if one of them scratched my by accident - like jumping on me or something. I am ok with my dogs, no problems at all. I think it is because they are raw fed. That usually helps with allergies some how. My friends don't find my dogs bad either :)

Pichi, I am so jealous of your Ikea trip!

I did nothing today. Haha! I have a rotten headache again. I hate that headaches wipe me out like this. I have to plan lessons for the week and I haven't done a thing yet :( It is 6 pm. I have drank so much water today and all it has done is made me pee every 5 minutes! :haha: I tried a coffee too but it didn't help. Booooo! It could be remnants of my allergy issues yesterday. They are much better today but I still have sinus pressure. The saline nasal spray is helpful :)

Wheres Clo??? It might be baby time!!!

Lil Fella still very very comfy, still lots of cm!

I have a decent amount of energy today, so hoping to get some more house scrubbed vigorously!

LOL, I was just telling my husband that our little guy is far too comfy in his squished little home :) From what I can tell he still hasn't dropped yet, so while my Mom and husband think he will be born later this week, I think they are crazy and he is going to hold out until at least the end of next week :) Although if he goes much longer I may not be able to walk upright!

Eeek! I can still walk upright, but, if I put my left foot first when I stand its hard and a bit agonising, whereas if I go right foot first its totally fine!

OH was just complaining because its our birthdays on thursday and he wishes we could go out for a meal...but I'm not comfy anywhere but home at the moment!

Sorry ladies Im still here!! Third attempt at sweep failed as no change since friday, head needs to go down even further and not dilated at all :nope: so ill be walking with Ben and Lola again later and bouncing on my ball!! :holly: Im betting on an induction at the end of the week!!

I also bet Baby Loz beats me to it!!!!

Glad everyone seems ok at the moment, makes me happy to see all you ladies in good spirits and all going well. xxx

:wacko:Blimey! So either way, your going to meet baby by the end of the week!

I sincerely hope my baby comes before the end of the week lol, at this rate if that scan was correct I'm going to have a big un. When he does breathing practice I feel him doing it, he does feel big!

You could pop spontaneously, with my first my cervix dilated super fast after my waters went- though I don't know how far I was dilated before waters went, the waters were the first indication for me. I did go from 3 cms to 8 and a half within a couple of hours though.

I gave in and had another rummage round the cervix.....I appear to be about 1 cm dilated, and actually think I felt baby's head...it must have been his head right? Can't imagine what else up there would feel hard and bony! I stopped when I felt that, don't want to pop my own waters, came back downstairs and had a period pain, so maybe I have helped by having a rummage! I hope so, I really can't get any bigger! :dohh:

Oh my god loz that must have been strange! Cli I hope baby comes soon! Did you think you'd ever see 41 weeks? Hehe

hope everyone is well :flower: im currently making some piping for the bedding :) 6m of the stuff! Its taken me forever! Haha

Wow! You are making the piping! That is a lot of work. I bet it is going to be absolutely gorgeous when it is all done. I hope you post pictures.

I can't believe there are still no babies! This is nuts. Come on you two, come out and meet your mommies!

Well, it looks like Tropical Storm Leslie is going to wreck havoc on us tomorrow. They are forecasting about 70 mm of rain from now until tomorrow morning. Our hometown is west of us and is already having flooding. They are supposed to get up to 170 mm of rain between today and tomorrow! All the schools on the island are closed for at least tomorrow morning. I don't think we are going to get a lot of wind. The wind is more on the east coast of Newfoundland. Up to 150 km/hr! Eek!

I will let you know tomorrow if we have floated away!

Blimey Mindy, stay safe! Pichi that sounds like hard work. I don't seem to do anything more productive than play bubble witch saga. I'm so crap.
Loz.... cervix rummaging...bleugh. Hope it does the trick though.
Clo, hope baby is here before much longer!
Pink, Kelly, Ginny, Twinkie, hi! Nothing to report here really.

Loz- that may do the trick :) Both time I had to go to Labor and Delivery to stop contractions I had had my cervix checked at the Dr. the same day, so I think it can start something.

DH is so concerned that I am going to go into labor at work! I work in a big city with lots of women who could drive me to the hospital if needed. I guess he thinks number this baby is just going to pop out like 5 minutes after labor starts LOL. I keep telling him that he hasn't even dropped yet, so I think we are safe and little guy is staying in a bit longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->