Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

hi hope glad your lo is chilled out cant wait to see more pics
goodluck for today pichi so excited
any more signs pink?
wheres mrs migg oi mrs you ok?
not long till your scan mmm
mindy enjoy your hair appointment
hi to loz clo crayz cupcake and anyone ive missed
i was watching doc martin last night and ther new born baby had started crying and he had been fed etc and the doc was saying leave him he has to learn your make a rod for your own back etc she ended up picking him up
just wondered what your views ladies are on this subjuct i know nout about children and am so worried i wont know what to do wish there was a book lol do you think the baby should be left to cry?
sorry for the llong post

Hi Kelly.

I think there are lots of different book about parenting and lots of different advice you could get from people. Some do advocate crying out but I would imagine many on here prefer to comfort and cuddle a crying baby. I am sure when the time comes for both of us we will do what we feel is instinctive to us even with other peoples advice in our ears.

Hi everyone.

Crayz - hope you are settling back down to you new life back home.

afm - really not feeling great today. I felt really sick/nausea last night after my bath and today feel like I have a bad cold coming on. Fuzzy head, stuffed nose, nausea etc. I really hope it isn't that though. Going to have some paracetamol and go back to bed. I was hoping to go out for walk today as it seemed to help yesterday but it is pouring down. May still do, it only water but I'll see.

ah pink really hope you feel better soon ,i know what you mean oh mum will be at me all the time bout what not to do ill just cop a defan lol

Exciting times! Sorry about not getting the VBAC Pichi, but things are as they are and with an AWOL cervix, you just have to do whats safest. :hugs: Can't wait to see a pic!

Pink I had alot of stuff coming out on the day Lil Fella arrived, just like you describe- the time is near I reckon! :happydance:

Kelly don't you worry yourself yet about crying it out and whatnot, every baby is different, and theres no point trying to decide how to handle your baby til he is here and shows you his ways.

Now everyone has their own style of parenting but here is my own way: I don't do cry it out with newborns, ever. They need to be close to mummy, our scent comforts them. No newborn is going to cry just for the sake of it, they always have a reason even if that reason is simply wanting to be held close. In my (thats my own opinion which is not any more or less valid than anyone else's opinion) crying it out is a tactic thats far more productive if your child is older and really is just trying to play up for the sake of it- if they start that its quite obvious though and its never at the newborn stage. Besides...when you have a lovely beautiful little baby thats brand new to the world, you will want to spend every moment cuddling them, you won't even want to go for a wee half the time because that means putting them down! You never get back those first days weeks and months, you don't want to look back and remember the crying and the stress of allowing the crying to happen! In the new born stage, we are baby's everything, comfort, food, stimulation, cleaner of bottoms, wiper of dribble, arm chair, pillow- everything! Allowing a baby to take the lead won't result in irreversible attachment issues- it hasn't in my experience. :hugs:

Kelly the best way to handle the early days of getting to know your little guy really is to go with his flow. Be confident in yourself because you can do it. :flower:

There is one circumstance when allowing a newborn to cry it out is the best idea, and that is if you are really really frazzled and you feel you can't cope, its OK to put the baby down and leave the room and go and have a few moments to yourself. My mum told me that she got so frustrated with me once when I was a newborn that she put me in my cot and went and sat in the attic for 20 minutes! :haha: Apparently I would not stop screaming and she was tired and stressed and felt really down so she needed that bit of time to wind down. She is a fantastic mum and I haven't grown up traumatised due to having to cry it out that time :haha: But if your doing fine and your only considering letting your baby cry it out because someone has advised you to try it or you think it will prevent attachment issues then it will only upset you.

Doc Martin is worse than Doc Google! :dohh::haha:

Wonderful post Loz - thankyou. Mum guru to us all! How have things been?

Hi kelly, ts, mmm, mrsmig, clobo, crayz and eberyone else I miss.

afm - nothing happening - bugger! I actually thought yesterday my waters may have started leaking as I felt a bit wet. Went to change my very damp knickers and new pad to see but nothing more after that. If nothing today then I'd rather he wait till Monday, as although I am sure everything will be okay, I'd prefer not to go in on a weekend when I know staff etc are much reduced. Just back from a quick walk, may go out again later as the weather is lovely today.

has to only be a matter of time pink im getting impatient lol i wana see your lo

Things are going well but we have a cold and I am a big wimp when it comes to being ill!

It certainly sounds like things are gearing up for you! Smartie might not wait til monday but don't panic if he doesn't, there may be a few less staff but they will still be able to look after you. :hugs:

hi girls :) mr Xavier James was born yesterday 221112 weighing 6lb 7oz and 47cm long :) he was an ELCS and it was actually a very nice relaxed experiance :) he is doing great but little mr needs topped up with milk as he is quite hungry. We are out of hospital already and on our way home :) he's just so scrummy but I am bias :p

Hope everyone is well x

Congratulations Pichi and hi Xavier! :flower: I'm so glad it was a relaxed experience! Are you planning to breastfeed? If so, then don't top up too much as the cluster feeding now is vital to let your boobies know that a good supply is being demanded. :hugs: Tenzin wasn't very hungry at all in his first 24 hours but then he made clear his demands! :haha:

I can't wait to see a pic! :happydance:

Loz - there are pics on pichis journal. He is so gorgeous!!

Pichi - is that you home now? OH said (fb) that you might be getting out today. Glad you had such a great experience.

Had a bit of a panic that the bridge might close but the weather (wind) is looking okay for the next little while otherwise its an 1hr+ journey via Perth and there doesn't seem to be any planned overnight closures due to the ruddy roadworks. It never entered my head about that till a few days ago!:dohh:

Just popped over and had a peek, he is lovely! :happydance: I am fighting broody feelings what with all the babies....and mine isnt even 3 months yet! :haha:

I saw this on the breastfeeding section ages ago and just searched through to find it, as its really sweet and can be helpful in getting through the early days. Prepare to have tears in your eyes! Its very long but well worth the read.

https://theleakyboob.com/2011/08/baby-explains-normal-newborn-behavior/

Loz - there are pics on pichis journal. He is so gorgeous!!

Pichi - is that you home now? OH said (fb) that you might be getting out today. Glad you had such a great experience.

Had a bit of a panic that the bridge might close but the weather (wind) is looking okay for the next little while otherwise its an 1hr+ journey via Perth and there doesn't seem to be any planned overnight closures due to the ruddy roadworks. It never entered my head about that till a few days ago!:dohh:

With an hour travelling time I'd recommend going in as soon as something starts, don't wait around. Not every first birth takes a long time. :hugs:

Congratulations Pichi so happy for you and wow they dint keep you in long......that was my only fear in having another C section. Hope all is well and you are re-coving well. x

Awww congrats Pichi can't wait to see pics of the little man :cloud9: can't believe your on your way home already :wacko: x

Hi ladies :) I feel like I haven't been on here forever!

Congratulations Pichi :happydance: Xavier is a very handsome little guy. <3

Pink, it is your turn now!!

Lozdi, I hope you feel better very soon :hugs:

How are you Kelly, Debzie, and MMM?

I hope everyone is doing well. :flow:

I still have that darn pain. :( Yesterday was quite bad but today was pretty good until I got home from work. Yesterday I even had trouble leaning forward in my car to put the key in the ignition! I was lucky enough to be able to sit down a lot today.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

I am home now yeah :) and I am off to bed because I am shattered! Have my cocktail of painkillers to take then im off to the land of nod for hopefully 4 hours haha. Xavier is currently curled up on his daddy :D

congrats pichi your little man is gorgeous
loz i read that link its lovely im guna try my hardest to breast feed
ts so sorry u still have the pain hope it eases soon
whens your scan mrs mmm?
you ok pink? any news
hi to everyone else

glad you are home now pichi - hope you get some sleep.

ts - sorry you are still suffering from the pains. Have you taken any paracetamol to help?

afm - still here, still nothing. Had more energy today despite a really bad sleep last night and that was after a fabulous back massage from OH with clary sage and lavender.

:hugs: Mindy

How are you Kelly?

I hope something starts for you soon Pink, the last few weeks are the worst.

My scans at Sunday at 10am :happydance: I am so excited :D Any guesses before we find out? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->