Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

:hugs: Pichi I'm sorry the sweep didn't work .

I don't think it sounds like anything to be worried about Mindy, but if you are concerned phone your MW that's what they're there for :D :hugs:

I've had a pretty lazy day, cross stitched a bit this morning, went and had brunch with a friend, came home and cross stitched some more, friend popped in for a cuppa, picked Thomas up from nursery, now he's watching Mickey and I'm just catching up on here before Caitlin gets in. Think we're all going to have a takeaway for tea tonight :) x

That sounds like a nice relaxing day Mmm. It will do you good.
Mindy I wonder could the pain be some sort of stitch? I've had lots of quite bad stitch pain. Or maybe it's a foot jabbing you hard? Like Mmm says get it checked out.
Pichi :hugs: so sorry to hear about the disappearing cervix and the failed sweep. I really hope something happens spontaneously really soon and you avoid the section.
Pink, hope you are feeling a little better today.
Afm I felt rubbish this morning. I thought I would feel refreshed given that I slept until noon yesterday and had the bed to myself last night but no. I had to get up early as someone was coming to replace part of the immersion, and Edie woke quite early too. Morning sickness returned as well. Had a pleasant afternoon though, my friend came through with her two children, she was my pregnancy buddy when I was having Edie but we don't get to see each other very often. We didn't have very long but it was nice to have a bit of a catch up. Edie is now having a late nap so I am having a much needed hour of peace and quiet. Got the car seat out of the garage but it is a bit mildewy unfortunately. I bought some mildew remover but I was in a rush and picked up the wrong sort which isn't suitable for fabrics. I shall get some different stuff tomorrow and will hopefully get it sorted.
Baby is moving absolutely loads today and feeling very big! I have to go to the doctors twice tomorrow, I have my GBS swab and a midwife appointment. I am excited to see how the baby is measuring.

I'm glad you have had such a nice day MMM :)

I'm sorry your day didn't start out well, Mrs. M., but I am glad the afternoon was better. Sorry your car seat is mildewy. I hope that you are able to get something to get it off. I can't wait to hear how big your mw thinks your LO is :)

We don't have mw's here. :wacko: So behind the times! I can call my dr to ask the nurse to ask the dr and then see what they think. The pain went away for a while and is now back. I am not sure what it could be. I also have pain in my back but I think that is from sleeping funny. It is a bit of pain on the right side at about mid back. I sleep quite twisted because I can't sleep on my side for long because of hip pain. So, I end up sleeping sort of on my back with the pillow shoved under my right hip to keep my torso twisted to the left. Then I end up almost flat on my shoulders so everything is twisted. I am shocked that I have made it this far before getting back pain. :dohh:

Thanks ladies :) I will call the dr and see what they think.

hi ladies,mrs migg your lay in sounds amazing its horrid that you have morning sickness again hop that toodles oof soon.
Pichi really hope things start moving soon for selfish reasons too i wana see your lo
how you feeling pink?
glad your having a relaxing time mmm
mindy not sure if its the same but i had like sharp pains like a stitch and i was told it was ligaments streching
afm i have midwife appointment tomorrow can anyone tell me what to expect?

I called the dr and he said as long as I am not having cramping, burning when I pee, or a fever everything should be ok. Right now the pain is a little worse, almost burny, but it goes away for a while so I don't know. If it keeps up or gets worse I will go in.

It could very well be things stretching in there, Kelly. That is what I have read that it is most likely to be.

I am sorry I am not really sure what you should expect because I am not sure of the schedule of mw appt's. I usually get the same thing when I see my dr. They check my weight and my blood pressure. They test a urine sample for sugars (and possibly protein, but I am not positive). Then he feels my uterus/fundus and listens to the heartbeat with the doppler. Then he asks if I have any questions and that is about it. I go every 4 weeks. I think after 30 weeks I will go every 2 weeks and then after 36 weeks I will go every week? I am not positive about when that changes.

It's so different in other countries to here but it sounds like your doc does more or less the same checks as our MWs x

I'm not sure Kelly I haven't had an appointment at 21 weeks but take some wee because she will definitely want to test that. She will probably just do your blood pressure and listen to the heart beat. She may take bloods but I think that happens at 28 weeks.
Mindy if you don't feel happy with what that doc said make an appointment tomorrow.

Oh Kelly it might be an idea tomorrow to ask about your Matb1 and maternity exemption forms as well.

mmm - glad you have had a nice relaxing day, mmmm........ takeaway sounds good, what did you get?

mrsmig - oh that's a shame your sleep wasn't any better for having the bed to yourself (don't tell OH that though just in case!) Glad you day got better seeing your friend.

Kelly - think you will get the same as ts suggested. Urine, BP check. She may check your fundal height and doppler check. Have a good chat to her about what the scan showed and I am sure she will reassure you more about that.

ts - glad your Dr said everything was ok. I remember having the odd sharp pains, probably when things were growing fast.

afm - went into town this afternoon and got my bits waxed. I am not normally embarrassed but I was today, probably because I didn't think I'd get in so had my old manky holey knickers on. Wasn't too bad but had loads of wax left all over ny knockers and legs which kept sticking to my pants so made my waddling even worse walking through town!! I have my mw appointment tomorrow morning, so we'll see what that brings.

we must of posted same time pink lmao you saying bout your holey manky knickers lol i thought it was only me that wore them

I got parmo which wasn't very nice tbh! Wish I'd got a burger now, kids had pizza, we got a free one for a late delivery :haha: just doing my cross stitching again x

I have the manky holey knickers too :lol: hubby hates them but they're so comfy :haha: x

everyone has those manky holey knickers that are their best friend :haha: those pants come in handy after labour too as they're usually the most stretched out comfy ones of the whole pile :p

T_S those feelings you said your getting sound like everything stretching to be honest :) does it sometimes feel a little itchy too?

Pink: i hope you get your sweep and it's successful :) might see you in there ;)

Mrs Miggins sorry to hear you didn't get a good nights sleep. the further on the worse the sleep is too isn't it? :( not long now though :flower:

for MW appts i always take: notes and a pot of pee :haha: then they never catch you off guard :haha:

It is a bit itchy, now that you mentioned it, Pichi. I was beginning to think that maybe it was trapped gas? I am not sure. I am feeling a little more relaxed about it now though. Thank you ladies.

I have to work tomorrow so if it is still hurting then I will call and make an appt for Wednesday. Unless I am scared and then I will just go in right after work. Baby is still kicking away so I am hoping things are ok.

Pink, I thought I was the only one with underwear like that too! :haha: I am glad to know it is not just me. It is too bad there was still wax stuck on after your appt. Did they try to get it off? Usually they have cream to get it all off.

I hope you are all having a good evening :)

Pink - you said the wax was stuck to your knockers :haha: how far up did she go? :winkwink: he he. Hope it wasn't as painful as my experience. I have never known myself to bleed like that. Don't worry about the manky knickers either. Personally I'm always relieved when someone turns up in their scruffy pants, I live in fear of wrecking someone's expensive La Perla undies!
Kelly, your MatB1 is the form that you need to claim your maternity pay. I know you are self employed but imagine you will still need it as I think you can claim maternity allowance, plus you may need it for tax reasons. The mayernity exemption form is to get your little card to give you free prescriptions and dental treatment from now till baby is 1.

I had to peel my knickers off when I got home it was that bad with the wax.

Kelly - exemption certificate is needed for free dentist/prescription etc. The matb1 form, tbh I am not sure, but I needed it for my work to 'prove' your pregnancy so you might need it for your self employed business so you can claim statutory mat leave money (I am not sure in your case what you need to do)

mmm- still sounds good. I really fancy a kebab now!

I'm in the same boat I'm ecstatic to be pregnant but absolutely terrified. I'm trying my best to enjoy it but just so scared. I had a stillborn baby on 29th June 2009, I was full term plus 5 days and she died in early labour. Tests revealed I am a group B strep carrier. We've been trying to get pregnant again this last year, I'm only 5 weeks gone now and just scared of even getting to 12 weeks to normal safe point mark. Only my fiance, and 2 best friends know I'm pregnant haven't told anyone else and its so hard.

I'm in the same boat I'm ecstatic to be pregnant but absolutely terrified. I'm trying my best to enjoy it but just so scared. I had a stillborn baby on 29th June 2009, I was full term plus 5 days and she died in early labour. Tests revealed I am a group B strep carrier. We've been trying to get pregnant again this last year, I'm only 5 weeks gone now and just scared of even getting to 12 weeks to normal safe point mark. Only my fiance, and 2 best friends know I'm pregnant haven't told anyone else and its so hard.

I'm so sorry for your loss...to get so far and then have that happen no wonder 12 weeks will not be a 'safe' point to you. Congratulations on your new pregnancy, it will be hard but you have to take it one day at a time. With your history they might even induce you or give you a c-section before your due date, which will take away some of the worry of labour that you are bound to have. :hugs:

Its very quiet here yesterday and today.....I wonder if some births are occurring!

Happy due date Pink!

Anything happening Pichi?

How are you and little man Lozdi?

How's everyone else, Crayz, Kelly, Mindy, Mrs M and everyone else I've missed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79