Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi completemummy. Sorry for your lossI can't imagine going through that but a big congrats on your new pg. I don't think there will ever be really good milestone for you but we are here to help you get through the days.

Hi Loz - how are you and Tenzin? Are you getting back into your late night gaming?

MMM - how is your week off going? Still relaxing lots?

Hi TS, kelly, and everyone else.

afm - had my sweep yesterday. 1-2cm dilated, cervix soft and in the right position. Smartie was hurting me a lot last night, hitting every nerve in my belly and cervix I thought maybe that was it but alas no. No twinges or anything today so not hopeful. Today would be a nice birthday as it can be written either way backwards/forwards. 211112!! Going for a walk later as it is a lovely day here then bouncing on my ball. I hope Pichi doesn't mind me speaking for her. She has a consultants appointment at hospital this morning but CS looking highly likely now.

Week off's not too bad, I don't want to go back to work though :cry: I'm relaxing in between cleaning sprees :lol:

All sounds good Pink, a walk and bouncing on the ball should help, I have everything crossed for you :hugs:

:hugs: for Pichi I really hope she can still have the birth she wants x

Welcome to our little group, Completemummy. :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss. Like the other ladies have already said, you just have to try really hard to take it one day at a time. The women in this group and wonderful and very supportive and have helped me so much.

Lozdi :) Hi! How are you doing? How is your little guy? I hope you are well.

MMM, I am glad your week is going well. A week is way too short, though! :haha: I hope you feel so much better and rested up for when you go back to work.

Pink, all those things sound very positive for smartie coming very soon! Fingers crossed for you. :happydance: I hope the walk and the bouncing gets things moving for you. Today would be an awesome birthday. 211112 :D

Hi to everyone else :) I hope you are all well :flow:

afm: I meant to come on here last night to welcome Completemummy to our group but unfortunately didn't get time. I ended up spending 2.5 hours at the hospital last night :wacko: The pain by my belly button was still there and getting worse. I started stressing and googled it... Bad mistake. I read things like placental abruption and was really stressing. I called the hospital and went in. They tried to hook me up to the fetal monitor and the nurse couldn't find the heartbeat. I wasn't too stressed about it because she seemed very new and I could feel the kiddo kicking away. The student dr came in and got the heartbeat right away on the doppler and they decided that the monitor must not be working since even when they put the probe in the exact same spot they couldn't get the heartbeat. So, they took me off that... The heart rate was 158 so they were all pleased with that. After much poking and prodding by both the dr and the student dr and tons of talking and blood work they decided it was round ligament pain. The student dr thought maybe it had something to do with my constipation but it has been getting better since upping my water intake and eating more pears and figs (yay high fibre! :haha:) The dr wanted blood work to rule out an infection in my intestines/bowels but that all came back good. Anyway... here I am now, the pain subsided for a while and I just had ground flax cereal for breakfast. :haha: I think the pain was so bad yesterday because I was working all day.

I am glad to have piece of mind and can deal with the pain now that I know the kiddo is ok. The dr said to expect the pain to last for a few more weeks at least. :cry:

Oh, and on top of spending so much time at the hospital last night we came home and our TV went kaput. :( Not good timing! We just bought a wood stove, a new chimney for said wood stove, a winter's worth of wood and a new car... not a great time for needing to spend extra money right now. Blah! At least the price of TV's has come down a lot since we got this one 5 years ago. Does 5 years sound like a very short lifespan for a TV?? It does to me! Argh!

Sorry for the extra long post today. I think I am going to lay in bed all day today and crochet and hope the pain stays away long enough for me to vacuum later. :)

I hope you are all having a good day!

Sorry you had to go to hospital Mindy by SO glad everything's ok. I think a nice relaxing day is definately on the cards for you missy!! X

Welcome to the group Completemummy. I'm so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how horrendous a time you must have had. Good luck with this pregnancy. I had GBS with my first pregnancy and they weren't even prepared to test me this time round. I stood my ground however and got swabbed for it yesterday.
Mindy I'm sorry you had such a crappy day yesterday but I'm pleased the pain was nothing to worry about. I had a similar experience with Edie, but earlier on at 11 weeks. That turned out to be RLP as well. I hope you get plenty of rest today.
Kelly, Mmm Hope Loz and everyone else, hope all is well. Pink and Pichi I'm very excited to hear news of your two little boys arriving.
Afm, been feeling tired and dizzy today. We have hardly any food in the house either. The midwife told me yesterday my iron is slightly low and I need to eat loads of cheese and yogurts down me. Unfortunately until I can get out to the shop while Edie is at dancing later I don't have anything like that in!!

Thanks ladies :)

Mrs. M., do you have any spinach? That is pretty high in iron, isn't it? I hope you feel better soon. Can you get groceries delivered where you live?

Hi Mindy. Yes I do like spinach, good idea. I'll get some later. I can get groceries delivered if I order online but I will be popping out later with mum in her car anyway so will pick a few groceries up to tide us over till later.
Just made a good discovery - Ready Brek has vitamin D in it. This is the thing the midwife said I should be getting but can't take the antenatal tablets as they make me throw up. Obviously I have milk in the ready Brek too which I can't drink on its own so I have a solution, ready Brek every day!

That is a great solution! I got a sample in the mail of Similac Mom the other day. That has vitamin D and iron too. I wonder if you guys have anything like that there?

We have all sorts of prenatal vitamins with vit D and folic acid and various different things in them but they make me throw up. I took them fine before I was pregnant but I just can't keep them down.

Similac Mom is a chocolate or vanilla flavoured drink, like a milkshake :) I don't know if that would hurt your tummy.

My prenatals are actually 2 pills, one that has the iron and other things and one with the calcium and folic acid and other things. The iron one is supposed to be taken in the morning with a full glass of water and then I can't eat for an hour. That one has really started making me feel sick since getting pregnant. I just started taking it when I got up to pee in the night. So, I usually take it around 3-4 am and then just sleep through the nausea. Luckily the evening one is supposed to be taken with supper and it doesn't make me sick.

Ts - glad you got the pains checked out and things are good. Google can be a nightmare though for some things. I was going to mention constipation last night and totally forgot, just be aware a rapid up in levels of fibre may make you crampy and windy till you get used to it so maybe build up gradually.

mrsmig - I am taking spatone for my iron, 1 sachet with OJ a few hours after breakfast (or anything with milk). Why can't you have milk? Need to read back properly but are you actual levels of vit D low or is she just suggesting that because overall vit D levels in Britain are not high (due to weather)?

afm - had a long walk this afternoon, was out for an hour which seems a long time but in reality I didn't get far just walked slower!! I phoned OH's mobile as he is at work to tell him but he didn't answer. So much for him being at the end of the pone if I was in labour. I think he got a real fright when he got home though and I wasn't there!! Just went to the loo TMI and had a load of snotty thick discharge (not bloody) so thinking this is some of my plug (?) I know it might not mean much but you never know.

Thanks Pink. I have been slowly upping my fibre since the weekend. I don't know if it is slow enough or even enough at all! :haha: I really should look into the amount of fibre in the things that I am eating. Definitely upping the water too, to go right along with the fibre.

I hope that the discharge is the start of things!! I am so excited for you :happydance:

hey girls i've been a bit MIA: we've been booked in for an ELCS tomorrow! so little dude will be here tomorrow! i'm disapointed i've not been able to get a VBAC like i planned but i should have known! easy pregnancy = complicated labour/end bit :haha:

hope everyone is well :flower:

Pink you're up next

pichi so excited for you you will get to see your lo at last xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
pink your next how exciting
ts remenber to never google thats what i did wrong
mrs migg ready brek bloody yummy off to get some tomorrow
hope all you ladies are ok
afm feeling kicks every night now makes me smile not long to my next scan cant wait to see little man i adore him already

Sorry you can't have your VBAC Pichi but good luck for tomorrow you finally get to meet your little man :cloud9: x

I know, I know... :dohh: :haha: Stupid Dr. Google! I won't do it again! :haha:

I am so happy to hear you are feeling kicks all the time now, Kelly. :hugs: That is so awesome. I can't wait to see new pictures of your little guy :)

Hi everyone :)

Pichi cant wait to see some pics of ur lo tomorrow sooo exciting

Pink hope your lo decides to make an appearance soon

Glad everything was ok ts

Kelly so pleased your feeling movements regularly now

Hi mrs m, mmm, loz, and anyone else ive missed hope your all doing well

Cant believe kieron is 9 days old already, hes such a quiet laid back little man only cries when hes hungry, unlike his brother who used to cry every 5 mins :haha: although the change has definetly affected ryan more than i thought as he has been nothing but a little sod since, but i suppose hes been on his own for near enough 4 years, so sad the story i saw on the news earlier i cant get it out my head about a week old baby was staying at his grandads, not sure if hed left them alone or not but his jack russell attacked the baby who sadly died in hospital later on :cry:

Thank you Hope :)

I am so happy to hear your new little man is so content. I hope Ryan settles soon. It is a big change for everyone involved. I guess it will just take a little getting used to. :hugs:

Hi hope, glad baby Keiron is being chilled. I am sure Ryan will settle soon once the initial fuss and excitement from everyone else about new baby settles too.

Kelly - glad you are enjoying all the movements!! You need to get some pics from the next scan so we can see him too.

ts - didn't get to ask you before - did you get a new tv today? 5 years is not a long time but I doubt anyone is surprised. Did you have a nice relaxing, chill out bed day and how have the pains been?

Mrsmig - hope you had a nice afternoon with you mum. When is it you head back to her house?

My relaxing day in bed was wonderful but then of course I got up and did too much and now I am hurting quite a bit :( (And, as I am typing this I had to jump up to clean cat puke before the dogs did the job for me. :wacko:)

We didn't get a TV today. We live in the middle of nowhere. :haha: Shawn has to go into town Friday to get our new car so he may get one then. Walmart has a pretty good sale on so I am not really sure. It is NOT a good time to be spending money like this. :dohh:

How are you doing? Any more signs of smartie coming?

I am so sad I am working tomorrow and then I have a hair appt so I won't be able to check BnB until late :( I wanna know what is going on with you and Pichi!

Have a good evening ladies :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->