Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Try phoning your doctor or the pharmacist, they should be able to advise you.

I just bought a jar of lemon curd so it'll be ok. I don't think I'd risk warmed eggs, I'm sure that I've heard that's worse because you need them to be cooked to a certain temp to kill off the bugs. Whereas warming them will just help them multiply.

I'll give that a go at lunchtime mrs mig when I can use B and B on my work computer. It's blocked the rest of the time :(

Ooo exciting that you get the keys. You'll be dying to get in and get started sorting it all out.

I can't wait. I'm dreading the hassle but so excited about the new house. First things first, need to get Internet sorted!!

I wouldnt risk home made lemon curd either ginny.
Sounds like we are all nesting here! Its kinda fun!
Sorry some of you are still sicky it will pass before you know it though.
Ickle happy 9wks! Time is flying, eating is my favourite symptom!
Kelly sounds like your little man is making his moves wont be too long now!

I made a cute bird mobile for the babies room last night i havent strung it up yet but will add a pic.

Here are the birds and a bump from last week xx

Attachments

• IMG_20130319_131624.jpg
    IMG_20130319_131624.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3
  • 20130313151755334.jpg
    20130313151755334.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 8
Just parcelled up 1 Doppler, 1 parcel of maternity clothes and 2 parcels of baby clothes! Ickle and MissMm think I will send them second class if that's ok or it will cost a fortune!

Internet needs to be sorted, I'd be lost without BnB! I hope the massage sorts out your neck. It is so exciting, your new house picked together as a family, one for them to grow up in.

I can't remember who asked about ms but I had ms from about 6 weeks will close to the 12 week scan, all day, horrible. I took mrsmigs advice and drunk lucozade which helped.

Kelly - pains means he is pushing down getting things ready!! I love all this waiting to see us going into labour then seeing the pics.

MMM- happy 333 weeks. Glad you are feeling better and managing to get all that sorted!!

ginny - the pharmacist should be able to advise, it might be enough was absorbed before the sickness. When we gave out medications and someone was sick we couldn't give extra in case it was absorbed therefore doubling the amount. Are you finding you are sick at roughly the same time of day and maybe you could take your tabs well before then?

ts - hope you are okay and Finn gives you a better nights sleep tonight.

Hi everyone else!

afm - just back from meeting up with the baby massage girls. I still feel a bit out of it as I think they know each other from staying on camp and the fact I am still a bit shy in new company isn't helping but it was nice to get out (despite this horrible weather). My mum is doing my head in about weaning. She said that she had been to asda and down the baby aisle and the baby foods can be used from 4 months! Argh! I think she would have a fit if I told her about BLW (which I'm not sure about doing anyway). Benjamin has been sleeping a bit better the last few nights, waking at 1.30 then 5 then getting up at 8.

sorry dad phoned just as I was writing so it looks like I have missed people from my above post.

Love the bump pic merri!! the birds are lovely.

ickle - I will dig out the jeans from my super pile of ironing and send them soon.

Ok, you will probably both receive 2 parcels separately as they both got sent as one standard parcel and one second class each because of the weights. MissMm you got one parcel with mainly vests in (most of them only worn and washed once) and the other with a few outfits. Ickle, you got one with the Doppler and one of clothes, you will probably get the Doppler first.
Pink regarding BLW you will probably find that Ben determines how you do it, not your mum or even you! I was open to the idea of baby led weaning and Edie wouldn't entertain it. It was homemade purees spoon fed all the way for her until she was around 8 months but my friends baby was the opposite. She wanted to give her purees but she hated the spoon and wouldn't have it in her mouth! I LOVED weaning it was my favourite stage. I adored making purees and meals.

Second class is great. I'm happy to send you postage if you want. Going to have a few parcels this week with my eBay bargains too!

Pink just tell your mum that they only advise weaning babies that early if they have reflux these days, hopefully that'll get her off your back and let you wean in your own time. I fully intend to use the laughing at home much things have changed since the old days retort anytime I get "helpful" advice. Luckily I have the kind of relationship with my mum where she might suggest things but won't be pushy or go in a huff if I do things my way.

Lovely pics merri :)

I was lucky really in that my mum didnt feel able to offer any advice with things like that so I used my own instinct. I planned on waiting until she was 6 months to wean but you end up following leads from your baby and I started weaning at 5 months and that was the right time for us. I will do the same wit Louis and wean him when I know he is ready. One of the ladies on another thread I post on has quite a hungry baby and she isn't planning on starting solids until he is 7 months. I can't see that working out for her but each to their own.

I think being led by baby seems to be the best way. Trying to go by hard and fast rules is never going to work out since every baby is their own person.

Oh thank you Mrs M, will message you on FB about the postage etc. That's brilliant thank you so much.

I love the mobile Merri, it's beautiful :cloud9: and look at that bump!!! Beautiful :D I'm going to take my bump pic later but it'll be in my Eeyore PJ's :haha:

Well the room is sort of finished :lol: We got the cot up and made up, put the uplighter up, put the curtains up, 1/2 the border on (I need to buy another roll) and put the stickers on the wall. I don't want to take a photo yet as there's a big massive mark on the wall from where one of Thomas' posters were :( but my friend is a brilliant artist and she's took some pics away and is going to make me a big canvas to cover it up :) Kids bunkbeds still aren't here. They did say they would ring about an hour before they arrive ... hopefully they will arrive closer to 6pm as hubby should be back by then.

How's everyone's day been? X

Baby food companies of course want us to start weaning as soon as 4 months hit, its extra profit for them! Baby led is the easiest I think, well it is for me. I was loosely planning to go full bf til 6 months then introduce some food but a couple of weeks ago he started to not seem satisfied by just milk so we started offering some fruit, mashed up bits of what we have for dinner, and now also a jar of fruit puree a day. Things got easier then and I have more milk available rather than always waiting for boobs to catch up! He is a massive fan of mini cheddars. :haha:

I never gave Edie a single jar of baby food. If I ever gave her commercial baby food I used the Ella's Kitchen pouches, they were much nicer and handy for when we were visiting family long distance. I recommend the Annabel Karmel books for weaning.
I'm super excited about doing it all again, I just hope Louis enjoys it as much as Edie did. Edie started sleeping through when she was on 3 "meals" a day.

I used jars with both of mine but I will be doing a mixture of BLW and jars this time I think. I want baby to eat what we eat, no matter what it is. C&T are both very picky and won't eat a lot of what we eat and I think that's down to them being on jars x

Hi ladies.
First of, sorry I'm a bit MIA atm.

I like the idea of blw, in the same sense as mrs mig just said: letting baby choose whatever is best for them. Just like loz I thought I'd fully bf with ds2 until 6 months, but then one day at 5 months and few days he saw dh with an orange and started crying so much we couldn't leave him like this poor thing! So we gave him a piece of it so that he would suck on it. Omg! He lived it so much!

I hope all the ladies with babies are catching up on some sleep.

Mrsmig: hope the move will go as smoothly as it can and you settle down quickly. That will be a relief.

Ickle: lol! Glad you're enjoyed your lemon curd and crisps! When I'm pg i see it that way: it's the only time I can eat and not feel guilty about it!(with reasonable limits of course).

Merri: love the birds and the bump!

Kelly: thx I'm just about ok. How are you? Omg! Your almost there!

Pink, loz, ginny, lora, missmm, everyone, sorry again if i forgot anyone else, I'm thinking of all of you though. I'm just so tired I can't even remember what I want to say! But I hope eeryone is doing good!
Afm: just like i said, I am really exhausted, just like the first time. It feels like I can't heal emotionnally as long as my body has not healed properly itself. Dh is helping as much as he can.
I sent hime with the forms for the new gp, but they'll accept new patients in 2 weeks time. Argh!! I wanted to have an appt with a go for bcp. And I dont want to go back and see the other gp.
Apart from that I'm slowly in the mend. Kids are keeping me busy, so it's good.

At the moment the fruit jars are offer at boots so not bad...plus they are actually nice I tasted them all myself :haha: I have never really been into the savory ones. For dinners, my kids can eat what OH and I eat and thats that. Cauliflower and cheese in a jar?? No thankyou! Tenzin has had home made cauliflower and cheese and loved it :haha: My older 2 are not fussy eaters, oldest dislikes bacon and mushrooms genuinely so we don't give them to him, and middle one doesn't like raw tomatoes. I don't like cooked tomatoes!

Hi ladies.
First of, sorry I'm a bit MIA atm.

I like the idea of blw, in the same sense as mrs mig just said: letting baby choose whatever is best for them. Just like loz I thought I'd fully bf with ds2 until 6 months, but then one day at 5 months and few days he saw dh with an orange and started crying so much we couldn't leave him like this poor thing! So we gave him a piece of it so that he would suck on it. Omg! He lived it so much!

I hope all the ladies with babies are catching up on some sleep.

Mrsmig: hope the move will go as smoothly as it can and you settle down quickly. That will be a relief.

Ickle: lol! Glad you're enjoyed your lemon curd and crisps! When I'm pg i see it that way: it's the only time I can eat and not feel guilty about it!(with reasonable limits of course).

Merri: love the birds and the bump!

Kelly: thx I'm just about ok. How are you? Omg! Your almost there!

Pink, loz, ginny, lora, missmm, everyone, sorry again if i forgot anyone else, I'm thinking of all of you though. I'm just so tired I can't even remember what I want to say! But I hope eeryone is doing good!
Afm: just like i said, I am really exhausted, just like the first time. It feels like I can't heal emotionnally as long as my body has not healed properly itself. Dh is helping as much as he can.
I sent hime with the forms for the new gp, but they'll accept new patients in 2 weeks time. Argh!! I wanted to have an appt with a go for bcp. And I dont want to go back and see the other gp.
Apart from that I'm slowly in the mend. Kids are keeping me busy, so it's good.

:hugs: I hope the 2 weeks is a speedy 2 weeks.

Hi Ummi, thanks xx Dont worry about being mia, we are all thinking about you and will be here when you need us. Sorry youre not feeling great take all the time you need t heal and be kind to yourself. Sorry its a long wait until you can register at new gp. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->