Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Exactly as Merri said Ummi, don't worry about us.

I think it's a bit silly you have to wait 2 weeks to sign up hopefully it will come by quickly x

:hugs: ummi hope the next 2 weeks go fast. We all understand what you are going through.

mrsmig -I have bought the annable weaning books, just waiting for them to be delivered! For some reason I thought you did blw with Edie? Maybe I am getting confused. Is blw were you give them pieces of food rather than purees? I am quite looking forward to making food for him, it will probably improve our diets too! She keeps telling me to give him a rusk to suck on -grr.

mmm - looking forward to seeing the finished nursery pics.

How do you know when they seem hungrier and is ready to move onto something more? I was never going to wait till bang on 6 months if he needs something more before then

Lovely bump merri

Mrs m glad louis had a better night

Mindy hope your catching up on some sleep

Apologies i was catching up on bout 4 pages and cant remember all of what i read, is it just me or does baby brain nevergo away :haha:

Hi to everyone hope your well and be kind to yourself ummi :hugs:

I sound terrible now i started weaning ryan because i could but obviously i look back now and wonder why, but im just waiting until kieron decides just milk isnt enough then ill start with him but i cook a lot more now thani used to so think ill just puree whatever ive made, hes got a sickness and diarohea bug at the minute bless him, he woke up at 1.45 and only took 2oz so thought oh he mustnt be that hungry only to lay him back down and bam projectiled everywhere poor thing looked like santa clause had to bath him at 2 in the morning, then he did it again only all over me this time :haha: thankfully hes kept quite a bit down today, i wonder if thats why hes been so clingy, i went to bingo on sun night and he cried his little heart out for 45 mins oh finally managed to settle him in his car seat, tonight we were at my parents and i nipped to asda for about 20 mins and he did the same thing, then oh went to bath him when we came back and off he went again but he worked himself up into such a state he just wouldnt calm down until i fed him

Caitlin was weaned at 16 weeks and didn't have any problems, she was ready for food as milk just wasn't filling her at all. Thomas I can't remember ... how bad is that :lol:

Aww bless him hope he sounds like a total mummy's boy :cloud9: x

I loved the introducing solids stage with M too :) So much fun!

We did a bit of everything. I think at around 5 months I started offering him some purees - but it took almost a month before he started actually having more than 1-2 table spoons of food. We also give him big pieces of fruit and veggies for him to just play around with and suck on. Another hit was these little net bags which have a little handle for them to hold. So you put a piece of fruit inside the net and they kinda suck and chew on the bag.

I tried to avoid shop bought baby food, but did get pouches for when we were traveling etc. and I did use rice cereal to thicken purees up sometimes or to even give as a "meal" on it's own. Avocado is another great food to have on the go, as I'd just mash it up with a fork on the spot.

DF's parents bought Farley's Rusks for M - I told them I didn't want him having anything with added sugar and I think they were bit annoyed at me. Gave me the whole DF had them when he was a baby and he turned out fine. Anyway DF backed me up and they didn't offer anymore suggestions haha

I think I knew Edie was ready because she upped her milk intake but the biggest sign was that she was fascinated by what we were eating. She would watch me chew my food and mirror my chewing action, and once we were in Whitby having fish and chips and she was sitting on my knee looking longingly at the chip that was in my hand!! She was desperate for it. I started on baby rice the next day mixing it with a bit of breast milk if I could squeeze any out with my pump and then slowly introduced other things. Like Ginny said avocado is great and so is banana, they work really well mashed together as well. Any time I gave Edie finger foods they just ended up on the floor. As my children seem to be the opposites of each other Louis will probably love finger food. Edie still likes to be fed now when she is tired, lazy tike.
Ummi good to see you. Pleased the children are keeping you busy but not too busy I hope.

Oh I also used rusks but only occasionally. Baby rice and baby porridge are good to start with.

hi ladies just a quick question ive got my clary sage oil now what do I do with it???

I'm not sure Kelly but I think you have it in a burner or something like that in the room you're in while in labour and it helps your labour progress. Mrs mig will know more though.

I'm so cold just now. I've been feeling the cold a lot the past few weeks. Is this a weird pregnancy symptom?

You can do all sorts with it Kelly. You can put a few drops in your bath, a few drops on a tissue and keep it under your pillow on a night, you can burn it in an oil burner :thumbup: it's very very strong and is an acquired smell though :lol: x

its minging thanks ladies maybe ill just put few drops in bath, ickle that's a strange one mind you its bloody freezing here tonight. how are you mmm?

I put a few drops in the bath. I really liked the smell!! I think if you mix it with carrier oil (like grapeseed oil) them you can rub it on your bump too.

AF turned up for me today - bloody great :growlmad:

Sorry to hear that Pink :-(
Kelly I used it in the bath and I also rubbed it on the soles of my feet before bed, that's a really good way of taking stuff. It had the added bonus of stopping the cat from sleeping on my feet. She thought it was foul :haha:

I would only use Clary sage during labour as it is a powerful uterine tonic, it should be used in a very dilute quantity, 1-2 drops in a bath 1 drop on diffuser, 1 drop on tissue in radiator or under pillow. I actually would prefer rose and or geranium for labour as a massage for lower back to help uterus these are both very safe during pregnancy, i use them weekly. All essential oils should be used with care xxx

thanks ladies, pink sorry the witch got you that feels weird saying that lol
miggins you do make me laugh.
merrie what does uterine tonic mean??

Hi ladies. Quick one before feeding again. It seems Finn will feed and then an hour later feed again and then go for about 3 hours, 4 overnight. Does this sound ok? He seems to be putting weight on, he feels heavier to me :)

Ickle, I used to get freezing cold in the evenings in my first tri. I was SO cold and I needed to cover in a blanket. And I went through the first tri in the summer!

I hope you are all well. I'll try to stop in again soon.

Merri, I meant to say before that your bump is so cute! :)

It sounds ideal Mindy! Sounds like he is cluster feeding before bed and getting his body clock worked out. Just what Louis did, and just what you want him to be doing.
He is so adorable.

Mmmmm bed... Shawn just woke me up from a crashed nap on the couch. Please cross your fingers for us that Finn eats and sleeps quickly for us now.

sounds like you are getting on great Mindy xx
well ladies im 40 today am I the oldest on here lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back