Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Sorry AF turned up pink :hugs:

Sounds like Finn is doing brilliantly Mindy :)

Happy 40th Kelly! Are you doing anything special to mark to day?

I'm in agony with my SPD again and I just have no energy at all today :(

How's everyone else? X

ts - you are doing a wonderful job and his feeding sounds great. Can you get him wighed? We have the mw/hv that come round for that.

mmm - sorry the spd is playing up again today, maybe calls for another duvet day.

Happy birthday kelly!!!!!

Miss mmm pinks duvet day idea sounds like a great plan

Hi everyone hope your all well :hi:

sounds like you are getting on great Mindy xx
well ladies im 40 today am I the oldest on here lol

I read that and thought 40 weeks! haha wasn't til I saw everyone's comments that I got you meant your age!!

Happy birthday!! :)

How are you Pink, Ginny, Ummi and Hope ... they're the ones I can see online at the moment :lol: and how's everyone else?

I would LOVE to have a duvet day but with one child at school and one at nursery I have awful pick up and drop off times :( My friend takes the older one to school on a morning and I pick them up. My other friend is coming over for a cuppa soon and she is going to take Thomas to nursery so I don't need to be ready till 3pm to pick them all up. So I might try and squeeze a nap in later x

Happy birthday Kelly!!! :flow::flower::flow:

MMM, I really hope you can get some rest today. :hugs:

Hi everyone :flower: I nope you are all doing well.

Yet another feeding question for you guys... When baby is fussing and settling when do you know when to pick him up to feed? Finn was fussing for about 30 seconds and then he would settle and then a few minutes later he would do the same. He did this for about 1/2 hour before I finally just picked him up. He was still sleeping and it was difficult to get him to wake enough to nurse. He started fussing about 20 minutes before the 4 hours would be up. I got him to nurse about 7-8 minutes total over about 40 minutes because he was so sleepy. He is out like a light now. Do You think he drank enough for a sleepy night Time feed?

Pink, he was weighed Monday. With his diaper on it said 7 lb 4 oz. I know that is too much because we had him weighed the day after he left the hospital on that scale without his diaper and it said he put on 80 odd grams from the day before. He is going to be weighed again next Monday. I do know that he is gaining for sure from that scale but I just don't know how much.

I'm going to try to get a little more sleep now before getting up for the day. Hopefully I will get some.

Glad youll be able to squeeze a nap in later miss mmm, im not too bad thanks picked up kierons bug so was ill yesterday, still dont feel great today so my sis bless her has taken kieron for the morning and is going to pick ryan up from nursery later for me, so going go to go back to bed and try and catch up on some sleep

Happy birthday Kelly!! Wow what better way to spend your 40th than planning for the very imminent arrival of your baby? Are you going out for a nice meal or anything? And don't worry I'm not far behind you! I'm 40 in July and having a big party, which incidentally if any of you can take a night out of your mummy schedules and get to East Yorkshire and celebrate with me you are all extremely welcome.
Hope I hope you feel better soon.
Mindy, when you say 4 hours does that mean that you are trying to schedule his feeds every 4 hours? If you are then I probably can't really advise because I've always just stuck my boob in their mouths every time they cry. It's probably good to get them into a schedule but I'm not a very organised person so my way works for me. All I will say is in the early days its really hard to tell why they are crying but soon enough you will learn the difference between a tired cry, a hungry cry, a dirty nappy cry and a cuddle required cry. Louis has always been one for needing a boob for comfort and falling asleep while feeding. You sound like you are doing a great job though. Has he not lost any weight then? Louis didnt either which is quite unusual. Edie lost loads.
MissMm sorry you are having a bad day with your SPD. I never get a duvet day either!
Hi Ginny, Ummi, Pink, Pichi, Loz and everyone else.
Afm we had an awesome night last night! For the first time since our bloody trip to my mums Louis had a good night, he went to bed at 7.30 and went through until 3!! Then slept till 7!! So for the first time in a week and a half I had 4 and a half hours of unbroken sleep. I felt so refreshed when I woke up at 3 I could have got up there and then. I haven't had more than an hour in one go (unless I have been sitting up) since a week last Monday. I hope it continues. He seems to be requiring feeds a lot less frequently now, I don't know if he has just got more efficient at feeding.
Edie is at Playgroup and Louis is napping and I really should be doing chores but I have to set off out again to pick her up soon and it will probably be the only chance I get until 8pm to sit and relax so I'm making the most of it.

Kelly happy birthday hope that you get spoilt today. A uterine tonic is a herb that tones and strengthens the uterus.

Sounds like your little man is doing great mindy, dont stress too much about weigh gain, as long as he is getting it in he will be fine. I bet hes growing like madxxx
Mrsm wooop on 4hrs sleep i cant imagine surviving on so little sleep but i better try to start! Glad louis slept for you xx
Hope sorry you got a bug it seems like everyone i know has something!
Mmm hugs for spd so sorry your hurting. I went to town yesterday and did a fair bit of walking and was laid up in bed all last. Night. I have physio next thurs i really hope they dont phob me off.

Afm im having a lazy day, it raining so no work pour moi! Had lunch with an old work mate who gave me cloth nappy advice and some lush newborn stuff, i have more clothes for this baby than i have for me and thats saying something! Had a bit of a wobble yesterday about whether i will be any good at being a parent, i was out with a one yr old yesterday and was so overwhelmed by how mental they are! I guess you learn to cope!!
Hi everyone else hope youre all doing well xxx

Mrs. M., I'm not trying to feed him on a schedule (I don't think so anyway :shy:) I just want to keep track to make sure he eats enough. Maybe I am being paranoid. Whenever he cries or makes motions that he is hungry I feed him. I would never not feed him because it is not time yet. I just get nervous when he goes past the time. New mom nerves I guess.

He did lose some weight, 4 oz in the first day but gained all but one gram back by the time we left the hospital when he was 6 days old. He seems to be putting on weight but I have no idea how much because the dr's scale is different from ths public health nurse's scale and they are both different from the hospital's scale. :wacko:

He is peeing and pooping well, he has a poop with nearly every feeding.

I'm so glad to hear you had such a good nights sleep. I hope Louis continues to sleep well like that.

Merri, I constantly worry if I will be a good mother. Only with me I find the older children easier. Little teeny babies make me so nervous. I think if you are worried that you will be a good mom then that is great, it means you will try your hardest for your little one and then you will be an awesome mom.

he all :wave: i keep unsubscribing with my fat finger on my phone :dohh: haha

how is everyone ?

Thanks mindy xxxx you sound like youre groingbinto your new role brilliantly too xxx

I should clarify from my earlier question about fussing and when to pick him up. I don't mean he is crying, I mean he is moving around, stretching, making little noises, like that. If he cries I pick him up right away. I still don't know what cry means what but to be honest he doesn't really cry much. Only a bit in the evenings and then he gets offer the breast, gets a bum change, gets snuggles, whatever. Usually the nursing and snuggles do the trick but not always.

Hi Pichi :) how are you?

if he's fussing it might be him trying to settle back to sleep. a fuss in this house sounds like little noises but nothing behind it if that makes sense? either that or he's getting wiggly from trapped wind?

i'm good thanks - how are you liking being a mummy? :D i'm so broody it's actually not even funny ¬___¬ i shouldn't be brooding after having a baby not even 4months ago!!

Mindy, that's kind of what I meant. I wasn't suggesting you would let him go hungry! I would just go with your instincts. If you think he is hungry, then feed him. I was feeding in the early days more or less constantly.

so glad i'm not the only one! i would have another like Xavier in a heartbeat - he's just been a breath of fresh air and the polar opposite to his sister

Your definetly not the only ones id love another one, like xavier kierom has been a breeze compared to what his brother was like, he never cries unless theres a good reason and hes always so happy and sleeps really well something ryan wasnt good at at all :haha:, everyone says you never get two the same and i didnt believe it until kieron :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->