Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

i'm just waiting on all my fabrics coming through the post and then it's all systems go! my OH said if it's easy enough and there was a call for it i could actually offer to make people custom bedding :haha: like i'd get the time!

Thanks for clearing up the asprin/baby asprin thing for me :)

just back from aqua-natal. it was quite good actually but now i'm tired :sleep:

how is everyone this evening?

Pink- exciting about the nursery! so jealous

clobo-oh my, look how little time you have left to meet your little one!

kelly - sorry reading the info the midwife gave you freaked you out a little :(

pichi really wana see pics when your done exactly!!!! like your guna have time. lol

i'll take a pic of the nursery when i'm finally done with it! got curtains to customise too as well as a change mat cover O__O it's quite therapeutic and takes my mind off things. It's nearing the time of my due date from my MC and it feels a little surreal thinking i may have had a baby soon....BUT i feel very thankful that i have this little Mr Pea *rubs tum*

Blimey Pichi. I'd forgotten you got your bfp so soon after your loss. My due date was back in May, about 2 weeks after my bfp! At least that gave me plenty of time to process it, it must be a bit strange having it so close to your due date for Mr Pea. I hope you are ok.

1st Sept was my due date :( I see people on here with tickers nearing that thinking "that could be me..." but it is me, just a little further behind. I can't help but think though... I wonder if they would be another boy or maybe a girl? I am so thankful for this wee guy I have growing now though and every now and then he'll give me a little tickle like saying - its ok,im here :)

:hugs: Pichi, its a funny old world isnt it and how things work out. I dont know about you but i always think of my lost beany as the body that wasnt quite right for the soul of my baby. That helps me to come to terms with it. Give Mr Pea a rub from me too!

I know not long for me, could be any time now i guess, hoping to wait till at least next week!!

Hope everyone is ok today?? xxx

Pichi -:hugs: today is the due date of my 2nd loss. I feel not too bad though as I am busy ripping stuff out of the room to be the nursury.

Can't wait to see all the stuff you have made.

Hi to everyone else, better get back too it!!

I found I was ok on the due date of my loss, because I had already decided its the same baby as Lil Fella, just this time his body is sound. So my due date was more a case of, 'this is when I would have met you if that last body was right for you, but instead we will just have to wait a few more months' made it much easier to handle.

Thought my waters were going when I went to make a bacon sandwich! It was just a lot of runny CM, but my goodness, I had a momentary panic and a 'Its still august!' moment. :dohh:

that's how I'm trying to think Lozdi - this little guy here is who i am meant to meet if that makes sense?
hah and oh jeez of all times for your waters to go - when you're just about to get a bacon roll :haha: tell the little guy he has to wait till your fed first.
I'm paranoid my waters are going to go when i'm making Pixies birthday cake or something! and if they go anything like last time it's going to be a definite clean-up on isle 5 haha!

thanks for the kind words girls :flower: Pink, i think keeping busy especially with preparation for your wee manny too is a good way to pass the due date :) what are you planning on doing?

i'm so tired after aquanatal today :yawn: feel my hips are better though :)

Yep i think its a good way of looking at things :hugs:

Hee hee, Loz, its not a full moon yet!! Hold on!! xxx

I really want to go swimming...but very reluctant to do anything now that could contribute to an early pop- My original plan had been to commence vigorous cleaning at 37 weeks, because then if he was to come I could have my home birth, and theres still alot needs cleaning and sorting, but now I feel stuck, because I keep getting all emotional about the fact that I'll get less time at home with him if he comes before september. Kids go back to school on the 4th, I will NOT be doing any school runs if I'm still pregnant then! Theres a small hill to deal with and though non pregnant its a great little hill to march up, I do not enjoy it when I'm massive and hot and bothered!

that's how I'm trying to think Lozdi - this little guy here is who i am meant to meet if that makes sense?
hah and oh jeez of all times for your waters to go - when you're just about to get a bacon roll :haha: tell the little guy he has to wait till your fed first.
I'm paranoid my waters are going to go when i'm making Pixies birthday cake or something! and if they go anything like last time it's going to be a definite clean-up on isle 5 haha!

thanks for the kind words girls :flower: Pink, i think keeping busy especially with preparation for your wee manny too is a good way to pass the due date :) what are you planning on doing?

i'm so tired after aquanatal today :yawn: feel my hips are better though :)

I expect a dramatic going of waters this time, because the last 2 were so neat and lucky!

Ohh, and labour or not, if bacon is on the menu, I'll be eating it! *contractions, breathe, BITE!, rest...contractions, breathe, BITE!* I actually want more bacon sandwiches now. more than 2 in a day is not good though is it. :haha:

I'm only 21 weeks and I got mega stressed pushing the buggy home from town this morning. It's a steady hill all the way up to our house (the fact that our street is called "The Mount" gives you an idea :haha: and I was totally knackered. Mark finds out at the end of the month if his job is to be made permanent, if so I am going to nag him to get his car back on the road, or I will be becoming a hermit for the rest of the pregnancy.
Well my friend had her baby today :happydance: she was about 4 days overdue. Her waters went at 3 am and her daughter was born at 5.28. She was about as quick with her first as I was with mine, so I'm bracing myself for a speedy one! All the pregnant friends I had at the start of the year and just before I got my bfp are just down to one now.

the walk to town with pixie is getting harder too- guaranteed to have a stitch at the bottom of the hill :haha:

do you think you'd have fancied swimming earlier loz? there's a girl thats 38 weeks at this one and says its helped her to sleep at night :)

That is a really nice way to look at it, Lozdi. My 1st due date is coming up in a few weeks. I am going to try to look at it your way. I'm really glad your Lil Fella didn't decide to make his debut today!

Pink, I can't wait to see your promised bump picture and pictures of your newly done nursery!

Pichi, I can't wait to see pictures of your creations!

Ginny and Kelly, I hope you ladies are feeling at least a little better today!

Mrs. M., I'm sending lots of good vibes for a permanent job for Mark. I hope you are feeling well today.

How are you today Clobo?

I am not feeling well today. :( I woke up really dizzy. I tried to see if a glass of apple juice and laying on my left side would help and it did but only a tiny bit. I tried to sleep a little more and couldn't so I got up and got breakfast (I had cereal with almond milk) hoping that would help. It did for about 5 minutes. So, I thought I would have an apple with coconut "yogurt" and that helped for about 5 minutes too. :( I don't know what to do. I tried sitting with my head between my knees but it made it much worse. The dizziness isn't horribly bad at the moment but my tummy is getting a little sick. Do you ladies think this is normal? I don't want to go to the dr, but I don't want to ignore something that I should probably get checked out. Please help!

My baby loves the pool, it goes nuts whenever I go! I don't swim though because I always have Edie with me, and because, er, I can't swim :blush: but I wish I could. I'm longing to do some exercise that doesn't leave me achy and huffing and puffing.
I had a sausage sandwich when I was in labour with Edie and then when my waters broke I threw it all up. I blame Eammon Holmes who was on tv presenting This Morning at the time.

if you have aquanatal classes near id really recommend them mrs mig :) theyre run by a midwife.

sorry you're not feeling well t_s :( hopefully it will pass

No we don't have anything I checked :-( bloody useless.
Mindy, that sounds horrible. I had frequent dizzy spells in the mornings a lot in the first tri, not quite as bad as you are describing but a definite spate of them. If you are worried though don't hold back, go and see the doc. It could be blood pressure or something.

Thanks ladies.

Mrs. M., that is what I was worried about, blood pressure. But, it doesn't make sense that putting my head between my knees would make it worse. I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday and didn't eat all that much so I am wondering if that could be it. It has been nearly 5 hours now since I woke up but I am feeling much less dizzy, but not all the way better. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

If it doesn't get better soon I will go to the dr.

Thanks again.

Is the dizziness accompanied by seeing stars in your peripheral vision? If it is, then its most likely slightly low blood pressure- it can be combatted by being very careful about how your positioned- if you are laying down, don't get right up, but lean up first, then go to sitting for a couple of minutes, then slowly stand. Another way of combatting low bp dizziness is when you feel it coming, squat down, as that temporarily cuts off the circulation to your legs thus giving the blood less distance to travel- I did that the other night because I started to feel dizzy and it worked beautifully. With my boys I fainted in first tri, once with each, because of low bp- its very scary but actually quite normal. I would feel it coming on, it felt like needing a poo, followed by seeing stars, and at that point, I'd get safe by laying down, because it would end in a full on faint. It feels horrible, but keeping focused on breathing helps. Mine were always brought on by standing too quickly from a relaxed position, because all the blood would run to my uterus instead of my head!

I've fancied swimming all along, but hate the thought of having to shave my legs past my knees! Plus going swimming with my OH and boys might not be very relaxing :haha: Definately going to start going often when Lil Fella is here, I'll have to check mothercare's exchanges policy because my maternity cozzy is a size 14 but I'll not have bump when baby is here so should probably swap it for a 10 or 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->