Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

BUGGER! :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

Bitten on the backside by the large bag of M&M's I ate at 4 am ish. High glucose in urine, and the midwife pressing me to take the GTT. :dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:They won't do it as a finger prick test, nor will they do it at my local go surgery, so AMA, I won't be having the GTT (ama=against medical advice) I just tested my blood sugar and its still within normal blood wise so no idea whats going on with my pee! :dohh: I told her I'll take the test if she books it for the 2nd of september because I'm having the baby on the first! :haha: The midwife did try to convince the local surgery to do it there and as a finger prick test but they were beyond stubborn. I can be stubborn too! She will call me later after negotiating with the hospital to see if it can be done without them needing bloods from me. If it can't be done via finger prick, it will not be getting done and thats final. :growlmad:

Its the glucose tolerance test, and I don't want it because A: I feel extremely unwell if I skip meals and the gtt requires a 12 hour fast and then an early trip to the hospital for a finger prick test (I get horribly car sick if my stomach is empty and the earliness of gtt appointments make going by bus a real pain), B: if you fail the finger prick you then have to drink some awful glucose stuff and have bloods drawn after 3 hours (and heres me with a severe blood draw issue) C: The result of the 3 hour test is voided if you throw up during that time which is an almost certainty for me after having an empty tummy and then having been in a car.

Its doomed to disaster! And I am not having it! Though I'll compromise and at least do the finger prick part if they are willing to do it at my gp 5 minutes down the road, as that takes out the travel and resulting sickness factor. I would also be more agreeable if my blood glucose was showing high, but its just my pee and we all know digestion slows during pregnancy so the high reading today is almost certainly from the naughty M&M craving of the small hours. I would also be more agreeable to it if I were actually showing any symptoms of GD. My urine sample from when I avoided sugary food the evening beforehand was perfect. I really should have thought that chocolate through. :dohh:

i had to get the GTT with Pixie because my 28week bloods were a little higher (cut off is 7, i was 7.1) what i should have mentioned though was i had just had a glass of orange juice and frosties :haha: needless to say the GTT was fine but the stuff you have to drink is rank! and having your bloods taken twice in 2 hours isn't great either >_<

i wouldn't have thought that they would be too bothered considering you only have 4 weeks to go Loz.

Just been reading bout the GTT, have to say i am extremly not looking forward to wed morning now :haha:, the only reason they want me to have it is down to my raised b.m.i, yet for all theyve put me at high risk due to raised b.m.i the last time they checked my weight was my first scan at 11wks, but i am quite happy as i still weigh 9lbs less than i did at 6wks :haha:

lovely bump pic tho mrs m

loz hope your little one waits an extra day for you

kelly keep up the pma :hugs:, but we all know how hard that can be at times, my midwife wasnt even going to listen for the heartbeat at 16 weeks (i was 18 weeks at the time) she told me they dont always find it then, but im sure they did with my first at 16 wks

Hi kelly, things are great so far apart from a little scare I had the other day,ended up sat in the maternity assessment unit for 6 hours, won't go into much detail but someone made somethin didn't tell me exactly what was in it until after I'd eaten it as they didn't think it would do me any harm+my little man stopped moving went to the hospital where his heart rate kept dropping thankfully I was eventually allowed to leave when they were happy but my dear lord that was scary, I did get a huge apology a bunch of flowers+choc but it should never of happened, little man is back to being very bouncy thankfully. How are you feeling?

hopeithappens - very glad everything worked out Ok! what was the ingredient if you don't mind me asking?

GTT are standard here - everyone gets them at around 26 weeks. Mine turned out fine, but I do know another lady in my mother's group that ended up being diagnosed with GD and the only way they knew was because of the test - she's not overweight and doesn't have any of the risk factors at all. Could you get them to just repeat the urine test (without eating chocolate beforehand ;))? Maybe that way if it's not showing up high again everyone will be happy to leave it?

Morning sickness is getting bad over here, I think I'm going to get some maxalon to see if that helps.

hi ladies ok need some advise just been to see the midwife and she said i should be on asprin as mum has had thrombosis great that says a lot for my doctor but midwife didnt know when i should be taking them and how long for so i knew you guys would know so i went into chemist and bought dispersible aspirin tablets 75mg thats exactly what it says on packet is this Right? midwife told me to go to docs and get prescribsion but figured my doc was a dozy bat as i already told her about my mum and seemed to think this was ok!!! so ladies when do i start taking how many and how long for i really hope its not too late im so upset

gee hope thats scary glad you and bean are ok now, what was it you ate?

Kelly as you have got this far I would say its almost certainly not too late. It's the 75g with the dispersable, or enteric coating and you just take 1 a day.

Oh and start taking now, until about 34 weeks I think, but get midwives advice on when to stop.

It was 'space' cake I'm guessin you all know what ingredient goes in that which I don't take not pg so I'm highly unlikely to want to when I am pg but in this case wasn't given a choice. Hope you feel better soon ginny

Oh my GOOD GOD!! Hope, no wonder you were terrified! Poor, poor you, what a dreadfully traumatic experience. Thank god all is well. Big big hugs.

ok im confused ive got dispersible so think that goes in water there be ok right there 75mg thats only one shop had

Soluble means it goes in water, I think dispersable might be referring to the coating. If so, that's the ones you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->