CD1 12 June 2012

Blushed!!!! Went beetroot red talking to Dr from the beginning...

We have to have tests done at start of next cycle - CD 2.

Sperm analysis, blood work & ultrasound for me.

Dr thought it likely it was my age making the process longer and wants to check hubby's sperm count to see if that also a factor.

CD10

EWCM has begun - will start testing opk's tonight. Temp dip this morning.

Last month I ovulated on CD11 so want to keep on it this cycle. This is my last cycle of opk's. I will use up the remainder and then go by my temps and pattern from now on.

I tested on CD8 and no LH surge had begun (not even faint line) so didn't bother last night.

How are you going?

Hey luv.........

So happy that your Doctor is doing the complete tests.....once you have them done, hopefully you can put your mind at rest.

Heads up on the ultrasound, you have an external and internal. Dont know if you have had an internal before, but they use a probe which they put a condom on and insert so when you book, make sure you ask for a female because it can be quite invasive and I find it more comfortable when a female does it.

I too have to have all the tests done again.........this time at the right time of the month, so progestrone done again at 7DPO and the ultrasound and bloods done at CD3. They are happy with Justin's sperm that he had done a few months ago. He said to us that he honestly feels like we have just had bad luck so far and that we just need that one good egg. Doing all the tests again to be sure, but he thinks its just a matter of time before we get a good one.

He said to have sex every second day to let the sperm regenerate and Im having an AHM done as well which I havent had before where they test how many eggs I have left, not the quality though.

And he said stop taking fish oil. Apparently before the do egg retrival on their IVF patients, they make them stop because it effects the egg quality even though it can make your uterus have better blood supply.

I had a little, and I mean real little EG this morning too..........unusual for me....

Hey luv.........

So happy that your Doctor is doing the complete tests.....once you have them done, hopefully you can put your mind at rest.

Heads up on the ultrasound, you have an external and internal. Dont know if you have had an internal before, but they use a probe which they put a condom on and insert so when you book, make sure you ask for a female because it can be quite invasive and I find it more comfortable when a female does it.

I too have to have all the tests done again.........this time at the right time of the month, so progestrone done again at 7DPO and the ultrasound and bloods done at CD3. They are happy with Justin's sperm that he had done a few months ago. He said to us that he honestly feels like we have just had bad luck so far and that we just need that one good egg. Doing all the tests again to be sure, but he thinks its just a matter of time before we get a good one.

He said to have sex every second day to let the sperm regenerate and Im having an AHM done as well which I havent had before where they test how many eggs I have left, not the quality though.

And he said stop taking fish oil. Apparently before the do egg retrival on their IVF patients, they make them stop because it effects the egg quality even though it can make your uterus have better blood supply.

I had a little, and I mean real little EG this morning too..........unusual for me....

That made me want to cross my legs :blush: Never had an internal anything before. My Dr is going to give me my first pap smear when I go back for results.

Is an AHM test a blood test? My Dr said she wanted to test how many eggs I have left. Is that the same thing?

Should I stop taking fish oil too?

Dr told me to get blood test and ultrasound done on CD2 or CD3. Do you think it matters which one?

Aahh the things we will go through for a baby :wacko:

Just when they do it, look at the ceiling and think of other things.....it isnt the most pleasant thing to do, but I just think about what Im going to cook for tea, what book Im reading, anything but what they are doing.

Yes, AMH is a blood. I know from working here that it isnt covered by Medicare, but I dont think its over $100 from memory. It works out how many eggs you have left in your ovaries, not the quality though, just the quanity. If you want help with deciphering tests and results, just let me know. Have the experience through where I work.

You should have your Ultasound and bloods done on Day 2 or 3. Although, the fertility Doctor told me to do it between Day 3 - 7 so Im guessing as long as you have it early its okay. Planning to do mine on Day 3.

Not going to say to stop the fish oil, thats your decision luv, just telling you that he told me to stop taking it.

I know.....this baby better be worth it!!!!

Thinking of saving money and not using OPK anymore?!?!?!? Only cause I use the expensive digitial ones that cost $60 a packet a month and I know when I ovulate and my temp rise will tell me when I have, so why do I feel scare to not use them??

What do you think?? At long as we are bonking every second day like the fertility clinic told us too, I should catch it right???

Just when they do it, look at the ceiling and think of other things.....it isnt the most pleasant thing to do, but I just think about what Im going to cook for tea, what book Im reading, anything but what they are doing.

Yes, AMH is a blood. I know from working here that it isnt covered by Medicare, but I dont think its over $100 from memory. It works out how many eggs you have left in your ovaries, not the quality though, just the quanity. If you want help with deciphering tests and results, just let me know. Have the experience through where I work.

You should have your Ultasound and bloods done on Day 2 or 3. Although, the fertility Doctor told me to do it between Day 3 - 7 so Im guessing as long as you have it early its okay. Planning to do mine on Day 3.

Not going to say to stop the fish oil, thats your decision luv, just telling you that he told me to stop taking it.

I know.....this baby better be worth it!!!!

I will have to see what day ovulation is to work out when CD2 or 3 is - apparently I can't go to pathology on a weekend.

I will see out this month as normal. I will opk, temp and take EPO and Fishoil. Then I will have tests and see what the results are before deciding what to do next cycle.

Thanks for your help offering to understand my test results - I may take you up on that :)

Thinking of saving money and not using OPK anymore?!?!?!? Only cause I use the expensive digitial ones that cost $60 a packet a month and I know when I ovulate and my temp rise will tell me when I have, so why do I feel scare to not use them??

What do you think?? At long as we are bonking every second day like the fertility clinic told us too, I should catch it right???

I agree - opk's are great for discovering when you ovulate - we have discovered that so they are no longer necessary...

Temp confirms ovulation. Opk only confirms LH surge.

Every 2nd day certainly covers all bases :thumbup:

Pretty good - how are you?

My opk was a very faint line last night so I think I am two days away from ovulating at best guess - putting it at CD13.

Will test again tonight. I only have 3 opk test strips left so decided to use them all up. Then no more. Next strips to use will only be for pregnancy!

Yeah Im good. Starting to get watery discharge to pretty sure Im on for ovulating at normal time....

Havent brought and OPK yet, trying to not buy them and just rely on temping....scared though hahahahahaha

Yeah Im good. Starting to get watery discharge to pretty sure Im on for ovulating at normal time....

Havent brought and OPK yet, trying to not buy them and just rely on temping....scared though hahahahahaha

Wouldn't it be funny if we did ovulate on the same day :)

How long is your luteal phase normally? Mine is 13-14days.

Don't worry about OPK's your temp will show you when you ovulate. Soon we will get so used to the signs (CM, increased temp, ovulation pains) we won't even need to temp anymore either.... :happydance:

I think I will keep temping.....I dont get much if any EWCM and I like to know I have ovulated with my temps..........but soon we would not need to temp because we will be pregnant and have healthy babies is what you should say :thumbup:

I think I might OPK this month though as I ovulated late when I miscarried the first time, so just so I know and catch it might OPK this month, and stop next month.

If it goes to normal, then I should ovulate Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Ive only had the one chart for a normal period as I didnt start charting until March/April cycle but

March/April - 12 day LP
April/May - miscarriage
May/June - not sure I ovulated, no clear temp rise, long cycle
June/July - miscarraige

So going to say 12 days but that could be wrong now as I only have the 1 cycle to base that on.......unsure luv. But we wont be far seperated by DPO. Will be able to symptom spot together........

Big temp increase after positive opk - looks like you have ovulated :)

I am expecting to ovulate today, temp to increase tomorrow. Not far behind you after all :)

I know. I felt like something was going on yesterday so had 1 OPK left from last cycle, so used it last night and got a very strong positive, so guess I ovulated early this month??? Never had a positive this early before.

I only got positive at 6:00 last night so surprised by my temp this morning??? Although I did take it late cause I slept in so I reckon Im going to go today too.

Yay!!!! We get to do it together!!!!

I have been having ovulation pains on left side most of today. Curious if my temp will increase in the morning.

I did Pilates on Sat and my whole body feels sore. Add to that ovulation pains and I have been quite sore today. Hoping to feel less pain tomorrow.

Slight temp increase - not as big as I was expecting...

Lots of ewcm this morning. Perhaps I haven't ovulated yet? Ran out of opk's so can only keep temping.

Your temp proves you definitely ovulated :)

Good morning.........I caved :blush:, yep was still having bad ovulation pains yesterday lunch time, so went and brought some more. Didnt buy the expensive digital ones this time, brought pack of 7 for $20.00. Just cheapie ones and got a positive again, so guessing it must have been the end of it, hopefully :thumbup: Will test tonight when I get home again to see what happens..

You might have caught the beginning of yours too with the first test and about to ovulate also.......gosh its really hard all the guess work crap isnt it.

Yeah, I think maybe I have this morning or about too, would really like to see my temp up higher around 36.6ish is where it normally is after ovulation so see what it is tomorrow morning.

But at least this month we will be around the same time......

The thought crossed my mind too - when I checked my temp this morning and it wasn't that high - I thought of buying more opk's BUT am resisting thus far.

Instead I will just temp. I want to get used to temping and reading CM signs for future cycles.

This cycle I am not expecting BFP - be nice - but I think I am more focused on getting answers. Dan gives sperm sample this Friday. I will probably make appoinment for ultrasound for CD2 later this week - soon as I know when ovulation is I should be able to guestimate CD2 of next cycle (or close to anyway).

How are you feeling within yourself?

Im feeling good. Keeping my fingers crossed temp keeps going up. I dont think I ovulated after first mc, so hoping I do this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->