• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1... AF bites but it's onto a new month...

That's probably the reason hun. When women get off the nuva ring it can causes your cycles to be pretty crazy and that would explain the light bleeding. Your LP may be short too since you just got off BC. If your cycles start to become irregular, try Soy Isoflavones. My cycles went nuts after my first cycle off BCP ( anywhere between 27-62 days), and soy has made them regular again. B6 will help lengthen your LP is your interested. :) Hope you get it sorted out xx

I am currently on both of those things. lol.

EPO for cm
soy to help me ovulate before cd39
royal jelly to also help with ovulation
l-arginine for sexual health
folic acid for obvious reasons
b6 to make my luteal phase
b complex to help support the b6

just wanted to have all my basics covered. lol also using OPKs this cycle since my CBFM wont be here until next cycle.

May I ask you how well soy worked for you?

Tryinfor1 - it sounds like you have everything covered. Easier said than done but try not to worry/stress too much or it may make your cycle even longer. Just make sure you use those opk's and hopefully you will get the green light :)

I've had periods that have lasted only a few days before without being on any form of hormonal bc. Normally dr's say after the first cycle after stopping bc, your pretty much back to normal and good to go.

I'm as cranky as today! The humid weather in the UK isn't helping and neither are my squabbling boys! I hate the summer break from school!!!

Taylorxx: managed to register on FF yay! And put my first temp in my chart woop woop! Just need to get my chart on here now and we can all learn together!

Feeling good and positive this cycle. Probably because I'm going to be temping and opk'ing so I will hopefully have a better chance of concieving - I hope!

Xxx

This is our first month of "really" TTC. We'll be Using an OPK. Anyone had any luck with it? Any words of advice for a newbie?

Hi temarshas and welcome!

As far as advice goes, I will be using opk's from about cd11 and pro any twice daily so hopefully I will catch ovulation this month! I am going to attempt temping too so using the two methods I will hopefully have a better chance this month. The other ladies in this forum know about soy, but I don't really know too much about r so they may be able to help.

Where abouts are you from too? Just being nosey!

It's lovely being able to talk to others cycling around the same time as you are all in the same boat and know what each other is thinking, feeling and going through.

Feel free to be as blunt as you want, there's no holds bar on this forum!

Helen xx

Ps to all on this forum, excuse any spelling errors but I tend to use my iPhone more than the pc!!! Damn autocorrect!

What cycle day are you on?

Hi temarshas and welcome!

As far as advice goes, I will be using opk's from about cd11 and pro any twice daily so hopefully I will catch ovulation this month! I am going to attempt temping too so using the two methods I will hopefully have a better chance this month. The other ladies in this forum know about soy, but I don't really know too much about r so they may be able to help.

Where abouts are you from too? Just being nosey!

It's lovely being able to talk to others cycling around the same time as you are all in the same boat and know what each other is thinking, feeling and going through.

Feel free to be as blunt as you want, there's no holds bar on this forum!

Helen xx

Ps to all on this forum, excuse any spelling errors but I tend to use my iPhone more than the pc!!! Damn autocorrect!

What cycle day are you on?

You can be nosy! and thank you for the advice. I'm from Vermont, USA. I got off Birth control last month, AF came as expected, and I'm CD Day 6. Soooo ready to get this show on the road haha

Hello all!

How we all doing?

Me, I'm chugging along! Can't wait for the witch to leave now so the baby making can really begin!

Just playing with Lego with my boys. Forgot how much fun Lego is haha!

Well, I took a FRER this morning and it came back with an evap. Took another an another evap. So I am kind of wondering if they were evaps at all. I actually do think they were but I am testing again saturday to make sure. Super excited! lol

I went to an amusement park today with my family for my sisters birthday and I am EXHAUSTED! How are you ladies tonight?

Well, I took a FRER this morning and it came back with an evap. Took another an another evap. So I am kind of wondering if they were evaps at all. I actually do think they were but I am testing again saturday to make sure. Super excited! lol

I went to an amusement park today with my family for my sisters birthday and I am EXHAUSTED! How are you ladies tonight?

OMG :winkwink: sounds like it could be the start of your :bfp: ?? I didn't think you could get evaps on FRER's, or if so it is very unlikely! And to have them on both? I think it is your :bfp: yay!

Have you tested again? Did you take a picture you can post?

My fingers are crossed for you hun!

Lots of :dust: being sent your way!

xx

Thanks! I did have one picture but you couldnt see anything because it was so light! And I really think I just got some faulty tests. I have no other symptoms besides some bloating!

Thank you for the baby dust! Will definitely post results from tomorrow after i take the test. I am not expecting it to be a BFP and it will be ok if it isnt because I thought I wasnt pregnant anyways but would be AWESOME if it was!

Either way, this is only my second cycle ttc and I am having fun trying out new things to up my chances. So if what I experienced the other day was AF, and this isnt my BFP, I wont be heartbroken. Very many more BFNs though I will start to feel heartbroken!

Loads of Gl and baby dust sent your way too!

Dr's etc do say it's common for pregnant women to experience some bleeding around the time af is due which is why some women don't even expect that they could be pregnant because of this. That could be why you had such a light 'af' for those 3 days - well my fingers are crossed for you!

It's awful seeing so many bfn isn't it? I got quite down last month especially when I was one week late and still getting bfn. Hopefully this month using opk's and charting will help me be become less stressed about it all and understand my body that little bit better?

Just seen you are buddies with Lemondrops. I have sent her a msg too - the 3 of us (and anyone else in this thread) should set up a specific thread or get lemondrops to join us here :) Last month I joined a thread and there were some lovely ladies. I joined later so felt a little 'out of it', but they were still helpful and supportive. There were 5 of them: they all got their bfp! Amazing! still stalking now, but don't post anymore. Need some new buddies to go through this all with. It's fab being able to talk to women who understand where you are coming from and what you are saying. DH thinks i'm mad. but he has no clue!!!

xxx

Yes, it is still sad to see BFNs. I was over two weeks late before I finally started (what I think) was AF and really thought I had conceived on my first cycle. I think my egg might have been too mature to become fertilized though.

Yeah, feel free to invite lemondrops to the thread! I talk to her a lot over messaging and she really is a lovely lady. Wonderful to talk to!

I know what you mean about joining threads too late. Then you feel like you are out of the loop and what not. Please add me to your TTC buddies and I shall do the same!

I started using OPKs today--cd6. Will be using two a day until I hit my surge!

Thank you, you're name will appear shortly!

I'm not sure when I should use my opk's? I'm CD 4 today and like you I want to use them twice daily so I don't miss ov. I was thinking cd10, but I really don't know. I have enough for 16 days if I test twice daily and my average cycle at the mo is approx 30 days. Hmmmmm, maybe I may start earlier in case I have a shorter cycle this month...

I'm stressing already and af hasn't even left the building yet!

Try not to stress! that could cause delayed ovulation! I think if you start on cd10 you should be covered. Do you know what cd you usually ovulate or how long your lp is?

For the last 3 months where I haven't been ttc and just going by my cm it's been around cd14 so smack bang in the middle of my cycle, making my LP 14 days - kind of a classic 'if you have a 28 days cycle you will ovulate on day 14'... so last month completely threw me. I was pretty sure I ovulated as predicted but given my period was late by 1 week, I obviously didn't!

If you dont mind me asking, what is an anencephaly like on your sig?

And you are lucky you have a regular cycle! I wish I did!

My cycles for the first half of the year were all over the place and I have been tracking them carefully knowing that we were going to start to ttc around now. So luckily for me, I at least had 3 'regular' ones.

Anencepahly is basically where the baby develops fine except for it's brain and head - the baby has a brain stem so can breath for itself and has a normal heart but thats it. It cannot think or even feel :( They have no brain and no closure/top of its head. They class it as a neural tube defect. It's quite rare and babies are either born sleeping or only live for a few hours after birth. There is no treatment avaliable.

I don't think I ever really got over the loss until my son Ryan was born. That's not to say I have forgotten either. It has just been easier to 'deal with'. Even now I think about that baby - he or she would have been 8 this october! I still have my scan picture proudly on display on my bookcase.

https://www.anencephalie-info.org/e/faq.php

Wow, I read that website. I am so sorry that happened to you honey. That is really an intense thing to deal with. It is good you still have the picture on your bookcase. Never forget.

How old are you if you dont mind me asking! lol

I really hope my cycle is not very long again. Last time, it was 47 and that was first cycle off the BC. That is a month and a half and was a terrible wait.

Thank you. I will never forget the sonographers face at my 12wk scan: she said 'I just need to get someone to check' and off she trotted. Then another sonographer came in, had a look and gave us the dreaded news. I just remember crying my heart out. They sat me in a room with my hubby (OH at the time) and kept me waiting for ages whilst they got a ob to come and talk to me. Of course when I fell preggers with Ryan, I was so sick before my scan with worry. And then the sonographer walked in and it was the second one that gave me the terrible news with my first pregnancy! My heart sank but thankfully all was fine. I was much more chilled with my second son!

I am 30 (turned 30 in April). Had Ryan 8 days after my 25th birthday and then Finley the following year. And now as broody as and mot definately ready for no.3 now that the other two are getting older! It was lovely to have a small age gap (18mth) between my sons but it was and still is hard work, but it's getting easier. And although they squabble, they are the best of friends. Finley starts infant school september 2012 (he is at pre-school at the moment) so now makes sense to have no.3 xx

How old are you? Feel free to be as nosey as you want :winkwink:

You are doing everything you can to regulate your cycle this month and providing you keep using opk's then i'm sure you will catch that eggy and get yourself preggy. It probably was just the hormone changes from your bc. But yes, agonising indeed. thats exactly what I had with my 55, 45 and 35 day cycles at the start of the year.

xx

Well, I am a little bit younger than 30, lol I am 20. I am starting early, but I am married and we are just in good shape right now. I want to have all my kids before like 32 and I want 3 or 4 so I think that will be good. I'm pretty jazzed. lol

I really feel for you about your 12 wk scan. I cant even imagine that happening. Wow you just are really inspirational to tell that story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->