• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1... AF bites but it's onto a new month...

Hi Ladies!! Mind if I join :flower:

I'm on CD2, just started soy today.. TTC#1, w/ PCOS since January! :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! :hugs:

Hi everyone :) Im new to this forum and CD1 also. I have not been trying but plan too in the next few cycles. Can someone tell me the benefit of using OPK and are they positive only ONCE during your cycle right before ovulation? Or should they be positive for a couple days. Also, why not just sex like every other day up to next period?? :)

Well you can do that if you want to! lol OPKs test your LH surge and then 12-36 hours later you ovulate. The test on an OPK is only positive if the test line is as dark as or darker than the control line. You can sometimes have more than one if you gear up to ovulate but then you dont. I had two last cycle a week apart so it is possible. They can be positive if you catch your surge levels rising and decreasing so you might get a couple days in a row. But I heard you could get a positive OPK right before af.. I dont know though.

I'm joining! Spending the night away from OH tonight (with my family, since I have training bright and early in the morning on this side of town.) When I get home tomorrow... we're starting to BD as part of our SMEP. CD6! Ready to go!

Hi lemondrops, floridagirl21 and Mary!

Welcome!

And not forgetting my sounding board tryinfor1 :)

Feel free to rant and rave, be as descriptive as you want! Hopefully we can all be supportive of one another. We are all cycling roughly the same time which is fab! And we will ALL get our BFP this month :)

Tryinfor1, thankyou for your kind words yeserday. although it was 8yrs ago it was lovely to hear of your support. And for 20 yrs of age, you are very mature, and are definately ready to become a mum - yay! You are like our little fertility bible! It's good to have you as a buddy as I know you will have the answer :)

Helen xx
(or Bells - what my friends call me!)

What's best: Dtd daily as soon as af goes or every other day until positive opk the daily for 3 days followed by every other day again?

Just planning ahead for when the witch goes!

If I was you I would dtd every other day and then three days in a row after the positive OPK. That way, you wont get too tired of BDing before you ovulate and DH can preserve his sperm! You actually can have too much sex and that could be a problems in ttc. I dont know how much is too much.. but if I was you I would do the first one!

Tested again--another evap. I think I got a box of faulty tests. GRR

thats weird u are getting so many evaps..did u take any pics?

I didnt take any pics but I know they are evaps. I got two from the same box two days ago. If they were not evaps and really were faint, the line shouldn't still be so faint today because HCG level would have risen. It was still the same very faint line-came up within time frame but it had no color to it and wasnt any darker than a couple days ago.

It is ok! I expected it to be negative because I got AF a few days ago. I just had a very short lp and then a VERY light period so my DR told me to test to make sure it wasnt implantation. It stopped like four days ago so I should be showing a def positive by now, which I am not. I took it more for my own purposes because I just couldn't believe how short and light my period was but I can finally believe that was it and move on! lol

Yes!! So excited!

I went back down to 80mg at the advice of another ttcer. She let me know that maybe increasing the MG was too much for me since I dont know if my periods were regular before birth control and that this is only my second cycle off of it. I took a night of 120mg on cd3 but decreased it back down last night and will only take 80 again tonight.

All these vitamins though are pushing their side effects on me. I think I am just susceptible to getting side effects from pills!

ya i had a headaches and a couple hot flashes yesterday

I am just having a ton of bloating and stomach discomfort. I mean, it is bearable so I am not really that worried about it. I have a ton of GI problems anyway AND hyperthyroidism which can mess with your belly. I also should eat something with the vitamins but I dont. lol.

how are you today? what are your plans this weekend?

I'm doing good today. just tired of the waiting game. lol. No plans this weekend. just a lazy weekend. grocery shopping, paying bills, etc. Lol. debating if i should take a pregnancy test. period was late then when it came it was super light and on/off spotting. cervix is untouchable at this point.

wow that sounds so promising! where are you at in your cycle?

if i count the light bleeding as a period i would be cd7 today.

I am on cd7 too. I had really really light bleeding from cd1-3. It was weird.

me too then it stopped then yesterday i had pinkish cm. a week ago my cp was high and kinda hard but its been unreachable for the passed couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->