CD1.. Anyone want to me cycle buddies with me.

Kitcat good luck with confirming O tomorrow! :) x

Hi Ladies! I know I am a bit different from you guys, but I would like to join! I am doing my first round of IUI so my nerves have gotten the best of me. I am on CD 10 today and go for my check up U/S tomorrow (CD11) morning to see how my follies are doing since I have been on Clomid (CD3-7) and did a Gonal F injection (CD9) last night. I will be testing on the 26th as long as AF doesn't show up. This is one of my first posts ever so I am relatively new to this site. FX'd for all of you ladies! :flower:

Welcome!!! You will fit in just fine! :) how are you feeling today?

ffwife ~ I am feeling good today. The gonal f shot I took last night was a bit much for me as I was lightheaded and a little nauseated afterwards (I assume that is normal) so I just went to bed relatively quickly. My husband came home from having drinks with friends and was a little shocked that I did the injection without him. LOL. He hates needles, so I assumed he didn't want to be around when I did it. Then I got really emotional and told him I am not sure I want to do this again if this time doesn't work. He said he understood and recognized that I have been on some crazy meds these last two weeks. All in all, I am doing good today. Just nervous about tomorrow's u/s. Thanks for asking! :flower:

Hi Abby! Good luck an keep us posted! I will hopefully confirm O tomorrow! Took Soy Iso this month and O'd a whole week early!

Thanks kitcat! I will definitely keep you posted! Congrats on o'ing that early! That is exciting!!! :thumbup:

Abby good luck for your u/s tomorrow. I feel for you I can't shine having to inject myself, well I can cos I had to after my csection, but I can't imagine having to do it again! :( xx

Hi Ladies! I know I am a bit different from you guys, but I would like to join! I am doing my first round of IUI so my nerves have gotten the best of me. I am on CD 10 today and go for my check up U/S tomorrow (CD11) morning to see how my follies are doing since I have been on Clomid (CD3-7) and did a Gonal F injection (CD9) last night. I will be testing on the 26th as long as AF doesn't show up. This is one of my first posts ever so I am relatively new to this site. FX'd for all of you ladies! :flower:

Keep us posted! Got some really great gals on this thread! How many follicles did you have during your first u/s?

I sure will! It looks like yall have some great people here and I feel like I fit in with this group in that you all are from such different backgrounds but come together and fit well! I didn't ask about the follicles the during the first u/s as I had no idea what to ask about. But the nurse said that everything looked really promising and that she is looking forward to the update with this u/s tomorrow. I could see about 6 on one side and about 5 or so on the other...but again, I wasn't sure what I was looking for! LOL:winkwink:

Thanks Amy and Abby! The soy really helped me O this month! HOPEFULLY! I usually O around cd 19-23 and always got 2 separate sets of pos opk's about 4 days apart. I took the Soy Iso, Evening Primrose Oil for CM and Cassava for egg quality. Hoping this is my month! Was 6 days late last cycle so I dont want to go thru that again unless its a BFP!

Abby good luck for your u/s tomorrow. I feel for you I can't shine having to inject myself, well I can cos I had to after my csection, but I can't imagine having to do it again! :( xx

It definitely wasn't fun! But it's worth it, right?! Hope all is well with you! :flower:

Kitcat- ohhhh good luck keep us posted wont you?! Hoping a striking BFP to come your way veryyyy soon, swiftly followed by all of us on this thread :)

Baby dust to everyone!!

Abby- Well to be honest needs must when it comes to TTC and babies ect. You do what you gotta do for the outcome you wish for. Good luck! X

The gonal f shot I took last night was a bit much for me as I was lightheaded and a little nauseated afterwards (I assume that is normal) so I just went to bed relatively quickly. My husband came home from having drinks with friends and was a little shocked that I did the injection without him. LOL. He hates needles, so I assumed he didn't want to be around when I did it. Then I got really emotional and told him I am not sure I want to do this again if this time doesn't work. He said he understood and recognized that I have been on some crazy meds these last two weeks. All in all, I am doing good today. Just nervous about tomorrow's u/s. Thanks for asking! :flower:

Welcome!

The self-injections do get easier with time... In my 20's I did 4 rounds of egg donation for the same family, so I ended up doing 4 months of follastim, menopur, and gonal f... It was a lot of shots, sometimes 3 pokes each night. Every time I sat down to do it, I'd just take a deep breath and it helped me to remind myself of all the type 1 diabetics, even kids, that do this several times a day with the same size needles, and that these pokes are momentary & temporary, but diabetics do it forever. Told myself if they can do it, I can do it... and after a while it got much much easier. Although my belly/periumbilical area looked like I had a purple-freckle-rash after a couple weeks! :wacko:

Now that I'm ready for my own, (well, as ready as I'll get!), I don't fear having to move on to that phase as much as I did at the beginning of those rounds of shots & such. Although I'm not quite there yet, my gut says these next few months will probably land us there. Good luck, keep us posted :)

Aurorasaurus- I don't personally have to give myself any shots or anything, but if I did I'm sure your post would of made me feel much more relaxed and okay about doing it! What a lovely way to put it! :) x

:-( Ohhh that's another friend that's found out she's expecting :( with the same (or more or less the same) words somewhere along the line of it being a 'shock and not expecting that' so in other wasn't trying! Why is it so hard for me, well all of us here. Why can't it be as easy as that?! Like it seems to be for others! So my good mood has now turned into a bad mood, well actually jealous mood! Although I am extremely happy for her! X

Aurorasaurus and Amy ~ I definitely agree! That is actually what I kept telling myself last night when I was doing the injection. "This is nothing compared to what others have to do on daily basis." It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I know I can do it again if need be! :thumbup:

Anything for a bfp!

:-( Ohhh that's another friend that's found out she's expecting :( with the same (or more or less the same) words somewhere along the line of it being a 'shock and not expecting that' so in other wasn't trying! Why is it so hard for me, well all of us here. Why can't it be as easy as that?! Like it seems to be for others! So my good mood has now turned into a bad mood, well actually jealous mood! Although I am extremely happy for her! X

I hear ya! My brother and sis-in-law announced to everyone last week that they are expecting a baby. (They got married in April). That was the first time that I was not jealous/envy when hearing the baby news. It seems there is a babyboom all around me!:shrug:

Amy I just had the same thing happen to me. One of my friends had the same surgery I did, after I did, started TTC after we did and is now 8 weeks with twins. Very very happy for her but at the same time while TTC I am very jealous! It hit me like a wave when I found out! DH asked if I was Ok and I said yes and happy for them but still a little jealous!

I guess everything happens for a reason as they say.... I am very happy for them, just a bit jealous. But let's not fret about it aeyy girls, it WILL be us this month. Positive mental attitude haha. We WILL get out BFP's........ (I hope..) x

... This kind of treatment is exactly why I question every doctor that I deal with. My DH gets upset with me because I will argue with a doctor if I don't agree - I don't care! Being a doctor is a job and a lot of people SUCK at their jobs, even doctors! Most of them think their shit don't stink - - - pleeeease!

...Doctors are so ridiculous these days!...

...It's baffling how many bad doctors there are out there...

My goodness... I had no idea how much doctor-bashing was going on while I was (ironically) working my ass off in the children's ER this weekend, too busy to get online, barely enough time to shower & eat & commute 5 minutes back & forth to the hospital. I spent my weekend giving up meals and a beautiful weekend to suture little numbed-up knees, do lumbar punctures on babies, reassure anxious teens, provide support & resources to those in need, praise parents on pre-ER treatment and help guide care afterwards, diagnosed lymphoma, looked in about a billion little ears, treated fevers, rashes, and heaven knows how much more.

I do this because I am a good doctor. As are pretty much 99% of my colleagues. Maybe you think it's because we "think our shit doesn't stink", but a little confidence actually makes a pretty good doctor, as does a little humility. Do you want a NON-confident doctor? An insecure doctor that gives into every patient's whim? Yes, there are some not-great ones out there, yes people make mistakes, yes sometimes it is mistakes in judgement, but the time and training and continuing education that we go through (in the US at least) is dizzying- and so yes, sometimes we do know more than patients understand, although it is our job to help them understand. We see horrible things. Horrible. Sometimes caused by chance, sometimes by patients themselves or by awful circumstances. Whatever it may be, a lot of doctors really are just doing their best, and often have a pretty terrible situation to fix. Some stories, just like in the news, you might not know the whole story either, either due to purposeful omission or because it's hard to understand, or the prognosis/explanation wasn't well explained and then a bad outcome is an awful surprise. I guess all I'm saying is that instead of jumping to pointing fingers at doctors, a person could also consider other factors/players/circumstances. There's a big difference between asking questions about things, advocating for yourself, educating yourself.. versus "why I question every doctor that I deal with", which seems like it might pre-dispose a person to a bad interaction/relationship before the appointment even starts.

Those situations described sound awful, don't get me wrong- maybe it was the doctors fault, I obviously don't know and it's none of my business. However, I'd argue those things are not the norm. I spent 5 hours in conference this morning, 2 of which were doing multi-disciplinary quality improvement review with about 60 of us, focused on one single patient, in an effort to help make the system better to improve a coordinated response and prepare for the future. This is what I do in my day off. This is what I do instead of "BD-ing", and why I left my police officer husband 6 hours back home for a year and my comfy EMT job, in order to pursue my dream of being an awesome, sensitive, compassionate, quick-thinking, skilled doctor. Calling all doctors "ridiculous", to me is like people that call all cops "pigs" and think they're all corrupt (also a sensitive subject since hubs wears a bullet-proof vest to work every day and does pretty awesome things for the community...).

That said, I'm not sure this is a super great environment for me personally if this type of talk is going to continue, and I'd like to overlook the (hopefully inadvertent) personal insults and go back to this being a supportive environment. After all, I've also been TTC for 2.5 years, and put my fertility aside for the sake of my education. Doctors are people too. :hugs:

I do agree with what you have said, my cousin is a midwife and gets trouble off of people when she IS doing her job correctly! Not every doctor or carer or anyone infact should be tarred with the same brush. However that being said, once something had gone wrong in the intense of somebody losing their baby due to neglect it can be a touchy subject for a women and they can lash out and blame the person in charge of their care, just as much as they probably blame themselves. So I guess there is two sides of each story.. But as you say generic doctor bashing isn't fair cos they not all the same. With my experience regarding my csection/birth I was apologised to afterwards as I wasn't given the correct care, even down the to point I had to have a scan done as they thought they had 'left' something inside from the csection, as things turned bad to worse for me during the end of the section as I was bleeding out and they couldn't control it, they explained they count in and out the things that are used, but still made a mistake and I had to have an ultrasound to see if it was left in side. So as you freely admit doctors do make mistakes, people are only human. I believe TTC is a very stressful and emotional time for anyone involved and sometimes people need and do have a little rant, when something they read upsets them or reminds them of a dark time or bad experience in their life, which is what I think has happened here. I do apologise if you think I said anything degrading or 'bashing' a care worker. Xx

Welcome Abby! Ill have my fingers crossed for you this cycle!! I don't really know what is involved with IUI but it sounds intense! Keep us updated!
Yay for OVing early Kitkat! Fingers crossed that AF is late this cycle but for a different reason than last time ;)
Lol X I see you are in the states! We honeymooned there in May and I loved it so much! I would love to live there but my quals aren't recognised there. I live in Christchurch which had a big earthquake just over two years ago and it is a really crap place to be at the moment! Our whole city centre was destroyed so there isn't much of a nightlife for dinners out etc and the roads are still really bad. NZ is nice though! Lots of beautiful places!
Those who are in the know about temping, does it matter if you have a restless night? I have slept terribly the past three days and in wondering if it will impact the temps?

I do apologise if you think I said anything degrading or 'bashing' a care worker. Xx

Goodness no, not you, really the conversations I had quoted directly above. I still might take a break though, not to be selfish but I came to this site looking for support, a sense of community & understanding, not to have my career vilified. This is supposed to be a supportive environment.

I most certainly do wish you all the very best though! Good luck & keep having fun trying!!! :happydance:

Nearly married- Well I'm not 'in the know' at all lol, this is my first cycle temping. And as I've been advised they say its best to do a temp reading after a solid block of 3 hours atleast? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->