Cerazette Casualties

ok, so i've caved already!!!

Bought some opk last week (told you im weak) as much as i said i wasn't going to bother i did!!! Did one on thursday and it was negative, i was on cycle day 8 just to see what happened. So, as i have no idea how long my cycle is i did another about an hour ago= POSITIVE:happydance:::happydance:

Im only on cycle day 11,but was having some twinges in lower ab so thought id test. We have DTD everyday since thursday anyway and have literally just finished again 5 mins ago after my positve opk :haha:

We are going to DTD everyday anyway so hopefully i will have some good news next month but if not i am having a GREAT time trying!!

Lolly x

girls - do you think there is any point in me using the opk's etc yet or should I really wait until AF has finally shown?

I also bought a couple of the tests that are meant to show if you are still ovulating or not but the instructions seem to be either "if you are still having AF" or if " you no longer have AF" - dont know whether to try it or not?

Think if AF has still not shown in another couple of weeks I might go back to my doctor, she had originally said that if i wasnt pregnant in 6 months to go back & they would run some tests etc but she didnt say anything about what to do if it took ages for AF??

Im worried incase my age is against me now :sad2:

Welcome MikieC :flower:

Thankfully my 12 year old and my 19 year old are both happy with the idea, they are both from previous relationship also and like you this would be a first for OH...

Hopefully it will happen soon for us all x

I bought the OPK's to try and help while I was waiting for af. Just to try and sort out in my own head when I would ov and get af. The ones I bought were cheap from Amazon but they worked. I got a positive for LH (obviously TTC at that time) and about 10 days later I took my af.

My daughter is coming round to the idea but its slow progress. She's just that used to being the only one. I'll get there in the end with her as she's a good girl and understands that this is something that both the oh and I want.

Good luck ladies! Hoping the baby dust comes to us all!

Lollylou!

How spooky is that? Did you have any pregnancy symptoms or was it just my imagination??

Sounds like you are on a 28 day cycle if you've got ov pains on cd11?

Go for it girl!

Hey

I had serious pregnancy symptoms when i stopped it's so weird!

Well i'm unsure really as i've never had a 28 day cycle in my life but the test showed positive so we've :sex: twice already today! :winkwink:

I really want my BFP before christmas so fingers crossed.

Lolly x

inc1970

I would give them a go there's no harm in trying!

Lolly x

day 37 and I had a large BBT rise this morning :) got ridiculously excited about it too, hope its a good sign

Lolly

It was weird! I'd been reading posts on loads of different sites and everything had pointed to my being pregnant! I knew in my head that it couldn't be but my heart was hoping that I was. I was actually quite glad when the af came because then I knew for certain and I could start judging when I might ov.

Our situation is a little difficult as my oh works away on a rota of 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. He can get home if i'm ov but he works 12 hours and he's absolutely knackered by the end of the day! I think that there is a possibility that I could ov while he is away which would be an absolute nightmare.

I'm hoping that its not going to come to that and trying to stay positive!

i hear that depo can mess your cycles up too, maybe its making the cerazettte symptoms worse?

thats so exciting about the +opk lolly, i really hope this is your month! :dust:

well my AF is over now so its time to get down to business :sex: :laugh2: things seem to have gone back to normal so far, i hope this cycle length reflects that too!

Depo stops everything! It completely halts your cycle altogether. You can't be on it any longer than 2 years before they send you for a full bone scan as it can cause osteoporosis.

It was alright at the time because I wasn't in a relationship nor was I planning any more children but then I met my OH and things got turned upside down! I'm regretting it now.

I so hope that everything is back to normal now and we get our bfp soon!

good grief, i am glad i turned it down when i was offered it then!! it really baffles me why things like Depo are even allowed to be used. I know for sure im not going on any kind of birth control ever again, not going to pollute my body with synthetic hormones. ugh.

OMG girls!!! did an OPK this morning and got a DEFINATE positive :happydance::happydance: cant quite believe it!!! Id bought a pile of them a couple of months ago and had only used one sometime last month which was neg, as ive not had AF yet I just wasnt sure if there was any point in trying them again but thought "oh why not"?
Also used one of those casette thingys that are supposed to tell if you are perimenopausal or not - came up negative so that means I am still ovulating aswell...

No points for guessing what we'll be doing tonight :sex::sex: lol
Even if AF comes, at least I now know that things still seem to be in working order..

Off to work now - hope everyone else has a good day x

Wow thats great news! :happydance:

Not much to update my end, Think i ov'd sunday as the line on my opk was the same as the test line but since sunday they have been neg??! So god knows if i have or not but i have cramps on both sides so i really have no idea what's going on. Have DTD every day since Friday so nothing more i could have done.
Im just going to keep testing every day but would it only be positive for 1 day?
It was a really dark line on Sunday? Oh i don't know :dohh:

Had no idea it was all going to be this hard :cry:

Feel so emotional today

Lolly x

The OPK tests for a surge in LH levels doesn't it? What if the surge only happens on one day? Do you think it should show up even a couple of days after? I'm not sure Lolly cos I only did it the one time before my af.

After my af I've been testing everyday since cd6 so I should soon be in the same situation as you provided I'm actually back in proper working order!

I know its hard now but it will be worth it in the end...for all of us. xx

Wow thats great news! :happydance:

Not much to update my end, Think i ov'd sunday as the line on my opk was the same as the test line but since sunday they have been neg??! So god knows if i have or not but i have cramps on both sides so i really have no idea what's going on. Have DTD every day since Friday so nothing more i could have done.
Im just going to keep testing every day but would it only be positive for 1 day?
It was a really dark line on Sunday? Oh i don't know :dohh:

Had no idea it was all going to be this hard :cry:

Feel so emotional today

Lolly x

I think that when the line is the same as the test that means that you are going to ovulate in the next 24 - 36 hours - its all quite confusing tho but def sounds like you've ovulated :thumbup:
looks like we both in the 2ww together now - ive done 3 opk's 2day, 1 at 8am, 1 at 2pm & another at 8pm and they got darker as the day went on!!

Ambushed the OH before he went out tonight for some xtra :sex: and will be getting some in 2moro aswell just to make sure - ive turned into a sex maniac lol

The OPK tests for a surge in LH levels doesn't it? What if the surge only happens on one day? Do you think it should show up even a couple of days after? I'm not sure Lolly cos I only did it the one time before my af.

After my af I've been testing everyday since cd6 so I should soon be in the same situation as you provided I'm actually back in proper working order!

I know its hard now but it will be worth it in the end...for all of us. xx

From what ive read i think the LH surge can be apparent for a couple of days before ovulation and then once you have ovulated the test would show negative? Then again it seems like everyone is different - confusing or what?

What cycle day are you on? hopefully you'll start to see a positive OPK soon O:) im so glad this thread is here x

From what ive read i think the LH surge can be apparent for a couple of days before ovulation and then once you have ovulated the test would show negative? Then again it seems like everyone is different - confusing or what?

What cycle day are you on? hopefully you'll start to see a positive OPK soon O:) im so glad this thread is here x

I've just read the leaflet .. properly this time... The surge means you will ov within 24 - 36 hours. I had to laugh at this bit... :sex: is advised at anytime during these hours. No resting on your laurels there then girls! Why do they think you do these tests? Madness I say! Its cd10 for me tomorrow. Its getting ever closer. If only I knew how long my cycle was going to be! My oh is working away just now but is on standby to come home if need I ov!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->