Changing bag recommendations?

dizzydizzy

Reaction score
Hi,
I hope you don't mind me posting, (I've been more of a lurker til now...) I'm hoping you can help me find a new changing bag. Until now I have been using a general holdall, but I'm so fed up with not being able to find anything in it!

My daughter is 7 months old so i need room for food and drink as well as milk and all the usual. The main issue that I have is that I would like a bag where I can store the changing mat separate from her food, drink, spoons etc. I currently have a polar gear fold out mat that I can use or I don't mind using a changing mat that is sold with a bag if it is big enough.

I quite like the look of the summer infant izabel bag but haven't seen one so not sure about the pocket sizes etc

Maybe I'm just being too fussy.....
Thanks for reading this far:thumbup:

I am a huge fan of JuJuBe bags. They are pricey, but they are great bags and worth the price, IMO. They have lots of pockets to organize, the bags are machine washable which is awesome, quality material so they hold up well, pocket on the back of the bag for changing mat so it doesnt have to go in the bag itself with al your other stuff.

I have a fisher price diaper backpack. It fits a ton of stuff and has a separate compartment for changing pad, also has a ton of outside pockets.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19483066&cp=&parentPage=search

i have this, which i love ...

https://www.iltutto.co.uk/shop/item/nico-tote-navy

I had an OiOi bag for Sofia with black polka dots on it. It was an awesome bag and held SOOO much, a bit pricey but worth it imo (it was around $200).

I love my spotty cath kidston changing bag, it has lots of separate compartments inc a bottle holder and separate bag which I put nappies and wipes. The front bit pulls out and is an actual changing mat. So keeps separate from all your stuff in the main bag. Everything is all wipe clean material and still looks new!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far ladies, I'll have a little look (and try to persuade my husband that I need to spend a little more....)

I LOVE my petunia pickle bottom bag.
https://www.petunia.com/diaper-bags/satchels/sashay-satchels/evening-in-innsbruck-sashay-satchel

Fits everything I need, looks cute, has a wipeable fabric, backpack straps, and changing pad. A little pricey but totally worth it imo.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far ladies, I'll have a little look (and try to persuade my husband that I need to spend a little more....)

Explain to him that its worth investing in a good quality bag because you will need the bag for a few years. Until potty trained, really. Even then, still may want to bring along a spare outfit just incase of an accident.

believe me, I've bought cheap bags before in the $30-50 range, and they are priced in those ranges for a reason. They do not last more than a few months before the seams start to rip open, or zippers break, or insulation rips out of the bottle area, or pockets rip, or they stain horribly and are made of a material that you can't get it out of, etc (ALL problems I have had with cheap bags before finally just spending the money on a decent bag like I should have done in the first place)

I'm looking for a new one myself!!

I have narrowed the brand down to Pink Lining or BabaBing......heard not so good reviews from friends about the Pink Lining but GREAT ones about BabaBing.

My only reservation about BabaBing is I am bored of a black bag! And Pink Lining are pretty LOL.

Hmmmmm.................sorry I am no help :flower:

I'm looking for a new one myself!!

I have narrowed the brand down to Pink Lining or BabaBing......heard not so good reviews from friends about the Pink Lining but GREAT ones about BabaBing.

My only reservation about BabaBing is I am bored of a black bag! And Pink Lining are pretty LOL.

Hmmmmm.................sorry I am no help :flower:

I love my pink lining bag i can fit so much init and it doesn't look boring.

I absolutely LOVE my pink lining changing bag (even more so when i wave FOB off with a yummy mummy bag haha!)

I had heard bad reviews on them, like how the inner lining splits after a few months, the handles fray etc. but i have been using mine EVERYDAY for 9 months and it actually looks like the day i bought it. I look after my things and clean it frequently mind!

The only thing i dont like is that i see them everywhere!! They seem really common.

It has 2 bottle warmers and 2 bottle holders, 2 big elasticated inner pockets (i use 1 for wipes, 1 for nappies), a small inner pocket for keys, phone etc, a seperate wipes zip up wallet, and an outside pocket... I think thats all.

I have plenty of room for spare clothes, changing things, food and drink etc. Unfortunately no seperate compartment for the changing mat.

I wanted a pretty one as i knew it would work out as my handbag for the next 2 years!!

X

I purchased a Storksak before LO was born as we wanted a unisex bag that DH wouldn't mind using but I'm finding it's taking quite a lot of damage being put in and pulled out from the bottom of the pram so I have been looking at getting a Pacapod. I hadn't heard of them before but they seem like a really good idea (anyone had any experience?) Also DH isn't using it nearly as much as I thought so may go for something a bit more girly and he can pull the Storksak out of the cupboard when I go back to work :D

Skip hop diaper bag

I have that bag, and I absolutely LOVE it. It's so light weight since its fabric, the lining is a gorgeous blue, the stroller straps are awesome since they are rubberized, it's expandable by unzipping one of the zippers, the straps are adjustable so you can carry it cross body, making it so much easier to carry my heft 23lb 8m old, there are SO many pockets that are the PERFECT size for diapers, bottles, etc. the outside pockets are deep so nothing falls out. (2 deep elasticized pockets, where I can stick money, keys, pacifier and whatever I need in and out and not worry about it falling out, two very deep zippered pockets, perfect for different size bottles, toys, snacks, etc) a zippered cell phone pocket, I put my Swiss knife and whatever else in there), a large side zippered pocket, where the changing pad and travel wipes, and on the inside, 4 elasticized pockets, one for diapers, one for a change of clothes, etc, and a big middle compartment.

Yet it doesn't overwhelm my 4'11 frame.

I wasted so much money on all bags, even much pricier ones, and the one is hands down my absolute fav!

(Plus I bought it for $32 from an amazon sale.)

this website is really good for higher end change bags in the UK. they have excellent customer service, I had a problem with the bag i ordered and they sent me a brand new one by special "before 12" delivery for the next day.

you also get a free Sophie giraffe with your first order ...

https://www.mummyandlittleme.co.uk/changing-bags-and-wallets-1152-0.html

I really want a pink lining changing bag, they are sooo pretty! I mean, my graco one does the job, but it's just not as pretty!

OP - I took the leap and went with Pink Lining!! :D

Bumble Bees & Stardust Blooming Gorgeous bag. I will let you know what I think when it arrives!! :happydance:

Thank you so much for all your ideas, I came so close to ordering a blooming gorgeous pink lining (the pansy one) from kiddicare last night but it was out of stock. It's thrown me now and I'm back to looking around again. I love the look of the skip hop versa (thanks Babydragon!), I've also seen the 'miracle bag' online and I love the black with white spots design. aaaarrrggghh! I'm waffling and going round in circles!

I've just searched online and the versa is over £100 here, so that's out of the running which is a shame. But the skip hop range seem to get good reviews so maybe one of the others....

I just bought the yummy mummy mini changing bag in pansies for 21.95! I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->