child benifits UK girls....not good news

The healthy start vouchers were a huge help. They did help with formula, and I think for women who can't breastfeed or try and fail they are a godsend x

people who cant are exempt as always as thats what formula is for. But not everyone cant and I hope this dosnt go into bf row now :wacko: I dont ff and find them a help I get fruit and veg off them.

I dont know who much formula is but is it a lot off? I know every bit counts with a child but I see formula is quite dear.

I get carers and disability for alex and I dont begrudge that(although I wish I was never entitled but that's another story). some nurseries won't touch Alex because of her issues at birth. I would have had over 50% off nursery fees too.
I miss my job, I miss my colleagues. I get how people choose to live on benefits. Unless you have an OH that's working, your studying or have a legit reason, the whole 'I want to stay at home on benefits so i can watch my child grow up' doesn't sit with me.

No no hun I was just saying they are a help. It's good you get fruit and veg swell I use them for that now:)

It's £3.10 off formula and the formula was about £6.09 something so two vouchers brought one tin xx

I just think its not really bf promotion though. I do think every penny helps so the vouchers are useful if you get formula or the rest off it. I dont get annoyed about what anyone else is getting lifes to short. Happy with what I have.

I am absolutely appalled by some of the comments I have read here!!!

WE PAY OUR TAXS.. and for what... crappy roads, poor NHS!!

So why the hell shouldn't we get some of that money back THAT WE PAID TO THEM!!!

We work hard, we have to pay redic high tax on our wages AND every product we are every going to buy!! All our money gets swallowed by greedy fat bankers and the stupid over paid government who can't run a country to save their lives!!!

We are entitled to have this money, it's OUR money...

Britain shouldn't EVER be compared to America.. everything is different and you hardly pay tax, prices are a lot cheaper.

Totally agree with vinteenage.

I'm glad all these benefits are being cut.

You were quite happy to get them for Leni. Slightly hypocritical.

The Health in Pregnancy grant was ridiculous because the healthy start vouchers are there to help people in genuine need and I fail too see how giving out £190 at past 25 weeks is encouraging people to be healthy

Personally I don't qualify for the sure start grant but I don't begrudge others having it! Having a baby is expensive and if its the only way people can afford baby essentials then it is much needed. I do however agree with it only being for the first child and I think it should be given out as vouchers for mothercare/babies'r'us

I was happy to get the 190, as everyone gets it regardless. But i did refuse the 500, i personally think that's ridiculous.

I apologise, I thought I remembered you saying you bought your pram with it but I was obviously mistaken.

So why the hell shouldn't we get some of that money back THAT WE PAID TO THEM!!!

We work hard, we have to pay redic high tax on our wages AND every product we are every going to buy!! All our money gets swallowed by greedy fat bankers and the stupid over paid .
but it also goes to those who haven't worked a single day in their lives. Thats what gets me.
I know someone who got a hell of a lot more than I did in my first pregnancy and I thought'why? She hasn't worked! And she never intends to! Hence why she got pregnant!'

Dragonfly- I agree in part but again not everyone succeeds in breastfeeding and I do think they help slot but I do see your point hub. I hope to his no one decides to ff because they get vouchers. That would be silly lol

Pleasebaby- why resort to personal digs?
X

We work hard, we have to pay redic high tax on our wages AND every product we are every going to buy!! All our money gets swallowed by greedy fat bankers and the stupid over paid .
but it also goes to those who haven't worked a single day in their lives. Thats what gets me.
I know someone who got a hell of a lot more than I did in my first pregnancy and I thought'why? She hasn't worked! And she never intends to! Hence why she got pregnant!'

Like I said babe the government can't run this country to save their lives, I have to work 50 hours a week just to be able to afford to live and so much gets taken by tax which makes me so short that I do need a little help from family working tax credits!!! I only was able to spend 2 hours... 2 HOURS aday with my 16 month old daughter just so we can survive, it's not fair!!

Whoever gets it I hope it makes your life easier :flower:

OH brings home 20 grand a year before tax, rent, bills and the rest. You won't believe how much he's taxed and we pay over £500 in rent (mortgage in this climate? HA no-one will touch us!)

We are not living on the breadline (though there have been months when £20 has had to last us 2 weeks!!) and we are not rich. We do ok for the most part.

Before we conceived we talked about the financial side of things, we put as much money away as we could which has come in helpful but it's just not enough. I have bought almost everything 2nd hand. I think the only thing bought new is the chicco baby carrier from mothercare (£16.99 instead of £24.99 right now girls!).

We are very lucky to have a silvercross 3D travel system (with carseat) but even that isn't new. We bought it off a friend who only used it for 6 months for £100, total bargain if I do say so myself!

We will have no help from my side of the family and I do not wish to have their help! TBH I'm not keen on the thought of the inlaws buying the cot but they're not doing it because they think we're a charity case, they WANT to do this for us.

We won't get any of the benefits and I admit I did have a moment of 'not fair, everyone is getting it but me!!' but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. It would help A LOT but we'll be ok :flower:

(Just to add I have completely gate crashed this thread, I'm almost 22 and OH is almost 27 so don't think I belong here :haha:)

The Health in Pregnancy grant was ridiculous because the healthy start vouchers are there to help people in genuine need and I fail too see how giving out £190 at past 25 weeks is encouraging people to be healthy

Personally I don't qualify for the sure start grant but I don't begrudge others having it! Having a baby is expensive and if its the only way people can afford baby essentials then it is much needed. I do however agree with it only being for the first child and I think it should be given out as vouchers for mothercare/babies'r'us

I was happy to get the 190, as everyone gets it regardless. But i did refuse the 500, i personally think that's ridiculous.

I apologise, I thought I remembered you saying you bought your pram with it but I was obviously mistaken.

Double post

I absolutely never bought my pram with it. 190 would have never of covered it anyway. That was bought with our very hard earned money. I again say that we refused the 500, that's a ridiculous amount of money to be handing out.

You must have confused me with someone else. Very mistaken. Please feel free to read through my previous posts for clarifation.

The thing I resent about benefits is that they aren't supposed to pay for a 'comfortable' lifestyle, they are there so nobodies destitute. It shouldn't be a choice of wether or not you go back to work or not because you get more being on benefits. When I go back to work, which wont be untill after had this baby becuase of the problems I had having my son me and OH will be better off by £4 how is that right?

I physically couldn't work when I was having Ollie because I had hyperemisis and was vomiting 20+ times a day, I'm not entitled to sick pay so we managed on his wage which was part time and we managed to buy everything for the baby. So when Ollie was born, yes we did claim the sure start grant, we spent it on his funeral.

I wont be entitled to it this time but then again why should I be? I have all the baby stuff.

Dragonfly- I agree in part but again not everyone succeeds in breastfeeding and I do think they help slot but I do see your point hub. I hope to his no one decides to ff because they get vouchers. That would be silly lol

X

Where have I made a personal dig? I'm sorry if I have I certainly never meant to

I absolutely never bought my pram with it. 190 would have never of covered it anyway. That was bought with our very hard earned money. I again say that we refused the 500, that's a ridiculous amount of money to be handing out.

You must have confused me with someone else. Very mistaken. Please feel free to read through my previous posts for clarifation.

I was explaining that I was mistaken in thinking you had it. It was a genuine apology.

X
The amount of local girls I know when I had William said I should go on formula because of them vouchers and that I may as well use them for that, They wouldnt give up anything for free, even though breastmilk is free it was the goverment they wanted free off. Thats the type that need some education I think.
The thing I resent about benefits is that they aren't supposed to pay for a 'comfortable' lifestyle, they are there so nobodies destitute. It shouldn't be a choice of wether or not you go back to work or not because you get more being on benefits. When I go back to work, which wont be untill after had this baby becuase of the problems I had having my son me and OH will be better off by £4 how is that right?

I physically couldn't work when I was having Ollie because I had hyperemisis and was vomiting 20+ times a day, I'm not entitled to sick pay so we managed on his wage which was part time and we managed to buy everything for the baby. So when Ollie was born, yes we did claim the sure start grant, we spent it on his funeral.

I wont be entitled to it this time but then again why should I be? I have all the baby stuff.
Right, do you know everyones situation for being on benefits?

X
The amount of local girls I know when I had William said I should go on formula because of them vouchers and that I may as well use them for that, They wouldnt give up anything for free, even though breastmilk is free it was the goverment they wanted free off. Thats the type that need some education I think.

Right, do you know everyones situation for being on benefits?

I in no way claimed I did.:confused: I said in my situation the difference between me living on benefits and going back to work is £4

I think jobs need to pay more not benefits. There isnt even any jobs here we laughed the other day when there was 1 in the jobs centre. Years ago I was offered more than one job at a time and had to choose who I would work with.

Just to add this country really is up crap creek, I am suffering with major depression, anxiety and PTSD due to being molested for 10 years which ended up with me being admitted to hospital quite a bit last year (cutting, overdosing, it wasn't pretty). I obviously couldn't work, I couldn't even feed myself most days.

I was advised to claim benefits... having never done that I didn't know where to begin. A citizen's advice worker told me to try for ESA (though I have now been put in the waiting list for DLA... dunno why it wasn't suggested to me before really). It went through fine, I was very honest and gave my partners annual income, where he works etc. We were so very lucky to have a small back payment which we used to pay some rent arrears and to get a big food shop. The next month I got nothing and when I queried it was because someone forgot to send me a form where OH had to put his earnings (though I had told them on the phone :wacko:). Anyway, because he earns such a 'massive' wage (it never goes as far as you think it would :() they stopped the claim. That was quite tough and almost put me back in hospital if I'm honest.

I'm being monitored very closely now and have regular appointments with a consultant and a midwife who deals with substances. When LO arrives I will be given a health visitor who deals with this sort of thing. I still haven't seen a counsellor yet, it's an 18 month wait and I can't pay to go private.

Nevermind, enough woe is me. I try my best to get through life one day at a time. I promise I'm not a total loony :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->