Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Ginger is good but I tried everything and nothing ever works I usually get morning sickness around 7 weeks right till the end but I'm already feeling it :(

i was fine with my daugther i was only sick twice in ma whole pregnancy dont know if ill get that lucky this time round :D i used to suck mints :D to keep the nausea down xx

Ginger is good but I tried everything and nothing ever works I usually get morning sickness around 7 weeks right till the end but I'm already feeling it :(

i was fine with my daugther i was only sick twice in ma whole pregnancy dont know if ill get that lucky this time round :D i used to suck mints :D to keep the nausea down xx
limewater or lemonwater helps me alot. After drinking some water and geting rid of nausea i can eat already something more heavy like homemade warm food. :thumbup:

And lately all teaste waters are soooooo yummy :happydance:

Hi ladies! Does anyone know of any natural ways to get rid of nausea? I cannot keep anything down and I am getting killer headaches. Thanks!

I had morning sickness for 7 months with my daughter, but wouldn't take any meds. Here's what I used:

Peppermint Tea - helps a lot
Preggie Pops - these are great
Eating often - usually when your stomach is full, morning sickness won't hit as hard
Ginger ale - but I hated it by the time first tri was gone. It did work well though
Tried sea bands and the other kind of bands...P6 or something? Neither would help, they just ached my pressure points.

Got my BFP on the 16th march had a emergency scan and so baby is due on the 1st December :D

Never had a winter baby before, I'm actually quite panicked about preparing xmas :( I've started my shopping already but I can't help but feel like the children will feel let down if I am unable to move about much during the holiday season :(

wow, 4 LO's you have your hands full!! I haven't even thought about what to do about Christmas. :dohh: though we are def not going anywhere...seemings how I am due christmas day. :haha:

Cinnamum - I'm excited for a Christmas baby! I know it'll be a bit of a challenge (I've never had a winter or holiday baby either) but I think it'll be a lot of fun. It's already the season of anticipation, how much more fun to add a baby to it!?

I plan to start buying Christmas stuff by September and get it all wrapped up and ready by October. Then put the tree up early this year in November (we usually wait until the first weekend of December, but I'll be really close to my due date then!) and have DH help out with decorations. Not going overboard this year, but it'll definitely still be exciting and not a let down for my daughter.

I don't want to take a newborn out in the freezing cold to visit a bunch of possibly sick relatives (holidays always means someone is sick!) so I'm still wondering what to do....have Christmas at other people's houses early, or just have them come to our house on or around Christmas? Probably the latter.

you sound very organized...def not good to travel with LO...especially during christmas/flu season.

MY DD is a november baby (november 2nd) and we took her to chicago and california mid January, so when she was about 2.5 months old...luckily she didn't get sick...not sure what I will do this time as I want to go travel to see family while I am on maternity leave, but not when the baby is really young. Plus, I need my hubby to come too as there is NO way I could travel with two by myself...

My ultrasound appointment is this week! The days are going by so slow on purpose, they know how anxious I am to see what's going on! Just gotta make it to Thursday.

so exciting!!! how far along will you be???

I get an ultrasound every pregnancy sometime before 8 weeks. I only have one ovary/tube from having ovarian cancer when I was 19, so they always check me to make sure I don't have an ectopic. I'm also hoping to see a heartbeat, as my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 13 weeks. I'd love to be monitored a bit more so I'm not so clueless this time around, but I'm not sure what they'll say yet! Well, one ultrasound at a time!

sorry to hear about the cancer...do you have a doppler??? I used it with DD and it was a godsend...I could hear her hb everyday from 8w6d on until I started feeling movement. definitely gave me peace of mind!!

I'm terribly organized when it comes to Christmas. I prepare for it most of the year! It's a big event for me. Last year I had everything ready by the end of November, so I'm sure I could do that again. I'm currently trying to figure out if I can throw a second birthday party for DD in July. That might be a bit much, but if I can throw a gender reveal at the end of it, I might do it anyway.

I'll be exactly 6 weeks for my ultrasound. I really wish it was just a few days later so I could hear the heartbeat, as I'm probably going to JUST miss it by a day or two. I'm hoping they'll bring me in for a follow up.

I don't have a doppler. I considered getting one, but I'd have to really research. From what I see, most don't pick up on the heartbeat until late first tri, which by then I won't feel the need to have one. I did find one that can read a heartbeat very early though, and have been looking into that. I really need the heartbeat reassurance now to about nine weeks. After that I can start feeling better.

I also love when all is absolutely perfect for Christmas. Last year it was our first for all 3 of us. We had an amazing three and all gifts we opened together on the Christmas morning \\:D/
I want our family to have some our own cute tradisions and all those things what i didn't have as a child :baby:

Im a bit bummed mommys :wacko:
Means my hubbys b-day is coming up on 17.may and it's also our 2 years meeting anniversary that i bought two tickets on paraplaning last year.

Now i'm confused should i or should i not go at this thing at all ?
On 17 i should be 11+1 weeks.

Basically it's not so much high like airplane ride.. paraplans don't go so high. But if it would do something bad, i would never forgive myself.

Aldo much say that i should go cause its still like as ''hiden'' pregnansy..

oh mummys, i'm confused :wacko:

I would call the place and ask them what they recommend for first trimester pregnancies. If they say no, I wouldn't go. If they say yes, then it's up to you! I don't really know much at all about it to give more input than that.

I agree with SugarBeth, definitely call and see what they say x

Yeah i thought to call there any how and also talk with my doctor about this :winkwink:

No my u/s will be at least around 12 weeks or later which sucks

Andyine have a remedie for no energy I'm so tired and dh still want sex at least 2/3 tesa day I'm gonna die lol

I am so glad I am not alone in the morning sickness department, although I wouldn't wish it on any of you. Thanks for the suggestions, I've written them down and put them on my fridge! My doctor prescribed me an anti-nausea med called Zofran. They use them to treat nausea in cancer patients. I took one this morning and although it took a little while to work, it finally did. Was just able to eat some leftover spaghetti from last night and actually kept it down!!

I'm already feeling sick when I wake up brushing my teeth is ever worse I gag all the time

I'm already feeling sick when I wake up brushing my teeth is ever worse I gag all the time

I haven't had an issue with brushing my teeth so far. Mine is usually just a queasy feeling that is amplified by any strong smells. Cigarette smoke, dirty dishes, food cooking, etc.

I think my MS may be brought on by my prenatal vitamins. I didn't take them for 2 days over the weekend and felt so much better. Took them again yesterday and today and like clockwork, I ended up sick.

For prenantal vitamins I was told if they made me sick cut them in half and take one in the am and the other half in the pm

threw up today :-( new experience for me, never had it at all with my 2 girls, so weird! im telling myself its because this one is gonna be a boy lol :)

No my u/s will be at least around 12 weeks or later which sucks

Andyine have a remedie for no energy I'm so tired and dh still want sex at least 2/3 tesa day I'm gonna die lol

"Lucky" you!!! My OH has decided we can't have sex until the 2nd tri!!!!!

I haven't had an issue with brushing my teeth so far. Mine is usually just a queasy feeling that is amplified by any strong smells. Cigarette smoke, dirty dishes, food cooking, etc.

I think my MS may be brought on by my prenatal vitamins. I didn't take them for 2 days over the weekend and felt so much better. Took them again yesterday and today and like clockwork, I ended up sick.

I changed when I took mine to just before bedtime - it's helped a little

Breaking them in half or taking at bedtime both sound like good options. I figure if neither of those will work, I'll just have to pop my prenatals and Zofran together. =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->