Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Just wanted to say hello. :wave: Wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months!

I'm due Jan 10 but the peanut could very easily come early!

Hi!! I'm actually due end of November but could easily be late so have sneaked into this thread too!! :)

Had my first appointment yesterday! I am 8 weeks along. Has anyone heard the heartbeat yet? I got my hopes up thinking I would hear it but the doctor does not listen for heartbeat until 12 weeks. Oh well!

I first saw the heartbeat at 5+4 but didn't hear it (on home doppler) till 9 weeks and heard it at the doctors office at 9+3. I hope u get to hear it soon x

awww im so sorry, really feel for you. saw my midwife for first time today, got to see a consultant when i have my 12 wk scan about my back and she says its likely he may sign me off work so i could end up off for 6 months before baby even arrives, that pregnancy glow really isnt showing itself for us at the minute is it!!!

Wow 6months off! On the bright side atleast you'd get lots of quality time with the girls before baby is due? But I really hope your pain doesn't last that long!
I went to a&e last as still couldn't keep anything down tried the tablets but it made me gag.
Dr in a&e wasn't very sympathetic and basically told me to get on with it didnt seem to believe i hadnt eaten or drank since sunday until he tested my urine and saw how many ketones were in it. Gave me an injection for anti sickness which helped abit but mainly made me drowsy and can already feel it wearing off :(

I think the pregnancy glow is a myth!

I'm told the pregnancy glow comes in the second tri.....I'm holding onto the fact it may be true! Lol

bloomin eck lola, when are you back at docs then? do you think youll be admitted?

How are you coping with the pregnancy symptoms and a little one? I really admire all you ladies who are doing this. This is my first and sometimes I seem to struggle just looking after myself!!

How are you coping with the pregnancy symptoms and a little one? I really admire all you ladies who are doing this. This is my first and sometimes I seem to struggle just looking after myself!!

I actually feel great! Knocking on wood that it continues. I was exhausted a few days ago, so I took a nap with LO during her nap time, and it worked out well. I'm sure it'll get a bit trickier when she becomes more mobile and I get more massive. She crawls now but of course she'll start walking...I try to stay pretty active and work out though so I will have a chance of keeping up with her :haha:

So far it's not as bad as I feared. Since she still takes a nap, I have a great excuse to take one every day. I made a safe room for her where she can safely play without me chasing her, so we go in that room when I'm feeling really sick. She's watching much more tv lately, but what are you going to do? I've been so sick lately and Blue's Clues really entertains her. Then I take her to the park or walk to the store, which the fresh air actually helps a lot with my sickness.

I think the roughest part is her refusing to cut back on nursing at all, and my nipples ache so badly. This is a little girl who refuses to be distracted away from what she wants, too! :haha:

bloomin eck lola, when are you back at docs then? do you think youll be admitted?

Back at drs this morning but I'm loads better that injection worked amazingly! Thought it wearing off because I was feeling really sick again but was able to keep small amounts of food and water down. Lost half a stone in the last week with this vomiting but atleast I won't need admitting now and should be ok for scan tomorrow :)

How's the back pain hels? X

still the same, got to go back to work tuesday tho cos they arent paying me whilst im off and cant afford to be off! gonna try and hack it til my appt with consultant and see what they say x

still the same, got to go back to work tuesday tho cos they arent paying me whilst im off and cant afford to be off! gonna try and hack it til my appt with consultant and see what they say x

That's not legal hun, pregnancy illness should be treated as any other sickness but in fact it isn't allowed to be put on your record (sexual discrimination I think). What kind of contract do you have?

That's not legal hun, pregnancy illness should be treated as any other sickness but in fact it isn't allowed to be put on your record (sexual discrimination I think). What kind of contract do you have?

I suggest getting doctor's notes and presenting them to human resources. That at the very least will secure your job, even if you don't get paid for your time off.

Pretty sure in the UK you have to get paid sick leave (it does get cut off eventually but not for pregnancy) you can be signed off for the whole of your pregnancy, you'd get sick pay until week 29 then start maternity. Unless you're in a casual contract I don't know what the law states then.

i dont qualify for sick pay, you have to earn a certain amount of money per week and i dont because im only part time so i dont qualify, ive looked on the government website and its correct unfortunately x

i dont qualify for sick pay, you have to earn a certain amount of money per week and i dont because im only part time so i dont qualify, ive looked on the government website and its correct unfortunately x

That's rubbish! When is your appt with consultant? Hope it improves soon xxx

theyre making the appt for when i go for scan, so about 4 weeks, dont know date yet got to wait for letter. how are you today hun? x

theyre making the appt for when i go for scan, so about 4 weeks, dont know date yet got to wait for letter. how are you today hun? x

I'm much better thanks anti sickness is working well only vomited once today! Feel much more human! Got scan tomorrow so fingers crossed everything's ok xxx

Hi, just be reading this post re sick pay. And my firm don't pay sick pay. I felt really rough on Wednesday and I work in a busy department on my own and customer facing, I kept feeling light headed and faint. If we have a day off we have to take it unpaid or use a holiday for it. And I work 210 hours a month! :hugs:Xx

thats what we have to do aswell kandidancer, they wouldnt let me use annual leave tho cos they have to have at least 2 weeks notice for any holiday days, really cant wait to get out of there, i love my job dealing with the customers but management are being awful lately! roll on maternity lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->