Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Rose tbh I really want another girl :blush: not that I would be upset at all with a boy but I would like another girl for my girls :) I don't know though I just have an odd feeling on a boy but DH and I haven't agreed on boys names ever! Not one of the girls had boys names beause we couldn't agree on one.

Our hospital doesn't tell you the sex of the baby, you have to pay to go to Babybond or something. Last time we paid but this time we have only just bought a house and we are totally maxed out ha ha so no pennies to find out this time :(

Rose tbh I really want another girl :blush: not that I would be upset at all with a boy but I would like another girl for my girls :) I don't know though I just have an odd feeling on a boy but DH and I haven't agreed on boys names ever! Not one of the girls had boys names beause we couldn't agree on one.

Our hospital doesn't tell you the sex of the baby, you have to pay to go to Babybond or something. Last time we paid but this time we have only just bought a house and we are totally maxed out ha ha so no pennies to find out this time :(

Hi Blob, I can't believe your hospital doesn't tell you the sex, surely that's not right. We want to know although at first my OH didn't he's desperate to know. He even wants us to have a gender scan at 16 weeks so we find out sooner. I think he wants a boy I'm totally not bothered either way.
:hugs:Xx

Just to remind people the NHS scans aren't about sexing your baby, it is about checking the health of your baby and looking for very serious diseases, gender would be the last thing on my mind (easy for me to say as I am going privately at 16 weeks lol) but the reason they can be blasé about gender and pictures is because they have other priorities it isn't why they scan, if you want time to bond with your baby, and have lots of pictures I recommend paying privately, it's worth it. If you want to find out the gender you usually have to ask at the start of the scan for the NHS so they are aware, they don't even check the genitals as part of the test, I believe they have to look specifically if you have asked if they are happy to.

Some hospitals don't tell because they have been sued in the past for getting the gender wrong and some communities in UK with cultures who particularly want a particular sex have problems with people finding out the sex and aborting illegally on getting the "wrong" gender thus have the policy of not telling people.

Lol obviously they are for checking the health of the baby and it's the most important thing, without question. But most people wonder what sex they are having and that's pretty natural and some people can't afford to pay £200 to find out if baby is a boy or a girl? I will continue to think about the sex rather than worrying if my baby is healthy or not because to be honest that would make me flipping miserable. Sadly there are woman who are worrying about their babies for genuine reasons and we are bloody lucky we don't have to. I'm sure that is every parents concern as soon as they get pregnant, hoping their baby will be healthy.
It's not about the pictures you can get but there is no harm in complaining on here if you don't get a good one or if your hospital doesn't let you find out the sex of the baby. Is that not what we come on here for? Support and the ability to complain and talk about issues with other woman who understand?

Scan went well yesterday, got to see a very wriggly, tiny baby, with matching teeny heartbeat 3 :cloud9:

They've put me back a week, so now my EDD is Christmas Day, but we go back in 3 weeks, so will get a more accurate date then :)

I can't believe it we've had the same due date both times 18th dec, then changed to Xmas day when I had an early scan. But I went to see my midwife on weds and she's given me 17-20th dec now. So I'm feeling a bit happier now. Still spooky tho. Must be the Derbyshire air. :hugs:Xx

Wow, crazy! People are betting December 22nd, which I'm kinda hoping! Don't wanna spend Christmas worrying about going into labour & having a birthday around Christmas SUCKS!!

Aww gutted your hospital don't tell you :/ ... It could make a nice suprise tho? maybe? :haha: I think we all just want to know... I keep changing my mind daily if I want to know or not :') ... See me & my fiance can't agree on a boys name at all, so I am definately thinking girl, plus im freezing cold all the time even in this heat! Which I've heard is an old wives tale for girl too :p x

Think some people get too touchy about a general conversation/moan regarding gender scans/photo's i think were all well aware of why the scans are performed!

With Tabs (my eldest) I really wanted to know and my husband didn't so we didn't find out :( I was pretty young when I had her and tbh I think it might have helped me to know?
With Rosalie we secretly paid to find out and I constantly worried they were wrong :rofl:
This time I just want to know :lol: we only have 1 name for a girl and it's perfect, but we have never ever managed to find a boys one.

I never worked with old wives tales every time I have just wanted to eat steak allllll the time :dohh:

Hey girls! Can't believe the size of everyone's fruit. :) 2nd trimester's not far away. ;)

I think most people focus on gender because it takes away from the worry. Going in for testing to find out if something is wrong is terrifying. Going in with the impression that it's a routine and then getting to find out the gender is much more relaxing. It's definitely what I'd rather focus on. Being this is my baby after a loss, I'm already worried about baby all the time. If I'd have to take all the fun out of the 20 week and only focus on "is something going to be wrong?" I think I'd be terribly paranoid going in! I'm glad my doctor tells us, because we definitely can't afford to get a private scan. Even the cheapest package just to take a quick glimpse is over $100, and that's without any pictures, video and it's really quick!

Hi girls! Havent posted for a while hope you are all doing well! I have scan booked for thursday 6th june so excited! Still have nausea but not quite so bad and worse in evenings now. Tummy expanding a bit and boobs bigger! Nearly into the 2nd trimester now! Camt wait to get baby bump!

I just look fat :wacko: it's insane I had worked so so hard before this pregnancy and literally I got a BFP and I suddenly looked like I was 20 weeks pregnant. Haha.
Im 14 weeks on Friday and my husband comes home when I'm 16 weeks :shock: think this might go quite quickly.

:hugs: sugarbeth I'm sorry you lost your Elizabeth :hugs:

Blob, The thought of steak is amazing but when i see it & smell it ewwwww! Really not enjoying what a fussy eater i'm becoming :haha: Yeah "if" I do want to find out gender I think I'll probs worry they got it wrong too. I wanted to get a 3/4d scan done being first baby but my god are they expensive, think i'd rather keep the money back to have a lil family photo shoot x

Mousechicky :happydance: I didn't even realise how close second tri was... woop woop!x

SugarBeth.. I definately like your way of thinking >.< I'm sorry you suffered a loss <3 :( , I have too early on tho... but worrying is in my family genes :haha: x

I have always wanted meat and cheese in all my pregnancies it's weird :lol: Its pretty awful though my poor children I can't face much food being cooked in the house so they have a crap diet just now.

I have to save for a 3d scan :dohh: no idea how I will afford it this time but we have frames up in the house of the girls so I can't really leave this baby out now.

Almost 12weeks finally!!!! Scan on Thursday so excited just hope I don't get put back (early scan indicated I'd only be 10weeks this week boooo!) and hopefully this hyperemesis will bugger off too!
We can't decide whether or not to find out the gender...we always agreed not to but DH really wants to know now!

Wow, I'm so jealous of you ladies getting to/already in the second trimester! Gutted I've been pushed back even further into the first tri! Roll on June 11th to get my proper dates!

Hi ladies, how's everyone? I have my 12 week scan next week at 12+2, but dates may change as this was just the approx from my early scan, hope everyone is enjoying the bak holiday!

Wow, I'm so jealous of you ladies getting to/already in the second trimester! Gutted I've been pushed back even further into the first tri! Roll on June 11th to get my proper dates!

If I go by early scan rather than my dates I'm only 9weeks 4days so you be ahead of me &#128521;

ive not even thought about gender scan yet, i need to know theres a heartbeat first lol! this is proving to be the longest 12 weeks of my life! 10 days to go!

ive not even thought about gender scan yet, i need to know theres a heartbeat first lol! this is proving to be the longest 12 weeks of my life! 10 days to go!

I hear you! that's why we had an early one, no way we could wait 3 months to see it. It looks like we are the same weeks/days pregnant eeek:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->