Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

The three basic ways to calculate trimesters

There are basically three ways of dividing up a pregnancy into the three trimesters; they are by:
Development, Gestation, Conception. They give different dates for when the second trimester begins and for when the third trimester begins. Your health care provider might prefer to use the Development method, while another Midwife or Doctor may use the Gestation method.
I am sure they do that just to confuse pregnant women.
by Development:

This uses actual developmental stages to divide up a pregnancy. From LMP to 12 weeks the embryo develops all the major organs and becomes a fetus. From 12 weeks to 27 weeks the fetus continues developing and reaches viability. From 27 weeks on the fetus finishes development and prepares for delivery. Here the second trimester begins at 12w 0d and the third at 27w 0d.
by Gestation:

With this method you take the 40 weeks of gestation and divide into three equal stages. Here the second trimester begins at 13w 3d and the third at 26w 6d.
by Conception:

This method is where you take the 38 weeks of post conception development, divide by three, into the three equal trimesters. Here the second trimester begins at 14w 5d and the third at 27w 3d.

hi ladies! scan went fine! i was 12w 5d but theyve altered it by a few days im now 13w 1 day and due 11th dec, its 11/12/13!!!! how cool is that!!!!

Brilliant!!! Has bleeding stopped? That was my original due date was gutted when they changed it haha xx

Glad everything went well hels. I hope they change my due date it's a fab dob 11/12/13. Xx:hugs:

Hi ladies, had scan yesterday and measured right on dates at 13w4d, got 17 pics including baby yawning, he/she wouldnt stop moving around! Mesures 80mm and HB 151 :) EDD 14 december

17 pics!! wow!! we only got a couple cos theyre £4 each hahaha! yeah lola bleeding stopped they couldnt find a reason for it, said its probably just irritated cervix or something but bubs was fine so all good, i was shaking when i went in, burst into tears when they said there was a heartbeat!

Well based on all the confusion which ever is my actual due date and according with last set of wonky measurements I'm atleast 12weeks today!!! Only the third time I've said it I think but next scan on weds so who knows I may be eternally in the first trimester haha!!!

Ahhhh bless you Hun, hopefully you will be out of first tri soon. I'm 12 week or 11 weeks when I had my scan last. But I feel I've been pregnant for ages and times standing still. I hope when I have my next son on weds they give me same dates as what I suspect they are. It's my first pregnancy and I don't understand how dates can change like mine have. I know when I ovulated and when we did the bd. my baby may just be small, I'm only 5 ft 3. Although OH is tall 6ft 1 baby may have a growth spurt later on. :hugs:Xx

Glad it all went well hels :):)

Oh my 17 pics we get 1 and mine was rubbish!

Second tri on this forum is 14 weeks but I think normally its 13 weeks?

I don't feel very pregnant yet this time around, I think it's maybe because I'm busy, last time I just wanted to hurry up and get to the end and meet my baby :) apart from my huge bump mind hehe

i feel huge! its an obvious bump now, people keep touching it! grrrrr. im much bigger than with my girls, im like i was at 20 week scan time with them!

I feel really pregnant too...so big...probably because there are three of them in there...:haha:

NT scan tomorrow...really hope they all measure normal.

Yea I'm bigger than I was first time at like 30 weeks ha ha and I can't remember the second time but I was bigger that time.
Dr Gomps you should be bigger hehe must be amazing to see how fast you are growing.

I think I just look abit fat now lol my bellys definitely rounded out but I wouldnt call it a bump yet although no hiding it anymore!

Mine is a proper bump...though how much is bump and how much is podge is debatable ;)

Mines half bump, half flab I think! Under clothes it looks like a really bump, albeit one that would be more matched to 6 months not 3 months...but without clothes it's kinda peanut shaped, and I know it's fat...OH is insistent it's baby but I know better!

Anyone's morning sickness getting worse rather than better?! I've gone from constant nausea and only vomiting maybe twice a week, to constant nausea and vomiting twice an hour...

Amy :hugs: I'm coming up to 16 weeks now so I'm finally coming out the other side but yes 13 weeks mine was worse :( I think from 10-13 weeks it was at its worse and then I started getting one or two days where I didn't feel so ill? Now I'm still getting waves of nausea but not constant.

I always get pregnant everrrrywherreee ha ha, I'm normally not a big person I'm not tiny but I'm slim and tall and normally no fat on me. When I'm pregnant I have an all around bump and my bum grows, later on I get a fat face and my legs get huge. It's not funny ha ha ha.

All babies were measuring perfectly!! Though I didn't get picture of baby A...

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/teamJosie/1006188_10101867251320213_311202869_n_zpseb241d1c.jpg

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/teamJosie/992839_10101867251205443_779574062_n_zps2093b906.jpg

Saw a new dr...he was such an ass...I told him I couldn't morally reduce...thats my personal decision. ANd he was going on about how morally not choosing reducing and risking all of them is not morally right..he kept pushing it until I was in tears. :cry: ALL babies are PERFECT. Its so not right they keep pushing me. Luckily, after this week, it will no longer be an issue because they can't after 13 weeks or something and I don't see them until July. I really want to switch...but this hospital is SO close...literally a 10 min walk. I would have to commute 1 hr one way to go somewhere else...and it wouldn't be that bad...but considering how frequently I will be going...I dunno...it would be alot...

also...we announced on FB...so its official. LOL.
with these pics...

https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/teamJosie/photo1_zps56594c0f.jpg
https://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a525/teamJosie/photo3_zpscfeebf48.jpg

My best friend is an identical triplet and her mum didnt even know it was triplets till the birth! They were born abit early all weighing an average of 2-3lbs but all healthy adults now! Hope your dr improves though its not fair to try push you into reducing!

I've had a couple of good days vomit but not nausea free with the meds I'm on but 11pm and I start vomiting again...I thought this was MORNING sickness....hugely misinformed about this pregnancy malarkey! Scan on weds though sure that will make me enjoy pregnancy again for like an hour lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->