Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Definitly know what you mean Sugarbeth. I'm always calling dh over and then they decide to chill out!
Welcome Clair :)

Thanks for the welcomes ladies! I seem to be due in a very lovely month! :D

Dh has felt bubba kick a few times but every time ds tries he goes still again, hopefully he'll be a calming the influence when his little bro arrives too :)

My OH felt our son at 23 weeks but I'm much flabbier than I was then, so hope it doesn't take too long for him to feel baby! :(

dh has been able to feel baby at around 21 weeks and not small so i was happy about that :)

Anyone else had really inappropriate comments about their pregnancy yet?! Bloody livid with the new girls at work! Firstly these 2 are annoying everyone on the team no one likes them they seem to think they know everything already and are only trainees yet interfer and give advice out etc which is incorrect and question everything! Not in a 'why do you do it this way?' but your doing it the wrong way etc it makes you look unprofessional and then takes forever sending them to read the procedures to explain why actually Im doing it right because I know my fricking job! ANYWAY yesterday I had one of them shadowing me when one of our clients asked when I was due and I told them dec and I got the 'wow christmas baby exciting' response and then she chips in with 'personally I think your already a cruel mother to have a baby at christmas' WTF?! WHO EVEN ASKED U! You know nothing about me! Then everytime someone asked when I was due she just kept repeating I think its cruel.....in the end I just said you celebrate christmas yeah? Its kind of celebrating a birthday...theres this guy called Jesus who was born at christmas and he seems to have done ok with a december birthday so im not worried! freaking moron!!! Sorry rant over!

Wow, how rude!! Well done for keeping your cool, I'd have gone nuts!
I've only had size comments, a man asked me how long I had left yestday, and when I said 4 months, he whistled and went "Woah, you're gonna be huuuuuuuuuge!"

Haha, I think she needs a sex ed lesson if she thinks you can pick and choose the exact time you conceive. Me and my sister's birthdays are both in december and we never found it to be an issue.

What cows. I'd have had a hissy fit at her.
I'm having a few issues with work, still not getting any help at all. Running round like a blue arsed fly ALL the time. Luckily my Boyf works at the same company and had a word with my boss who said he will sort it. Still not happened he's been saying it for the last 12 weeks!

But anyway on Wednesday I was running around for ages, and had a pushing feeling in my girls bits only lasted for a few seconds, but scared me shitless. I phoned a midwife and she said it was baby moving, which kind of makes sense as she was head down last week at the scan. But I'm now soooo scared I'm going to lose her and freak out every time I feel her move. I know I'm probably being stupid but I can't help it. :hugs:Xx

I don't think Dec babies are in any way cruel, I'm gonna have 2 of them after all but we have said from being pregnant with ds1 that if he wants to have his birthday on his half birthday instead when he's older he can if he wants to break up the gifts and stuff.
I've done a crazy week at work, def over did it cos I felt so I'll on Friday - won't be doing that again :-(

Lola, i LOL'd at your jesus response, hehe. Also think you did well to keep your cool! Seriously wtf is wrong with some people? I've not had any bad December comments but ppl keep going on and on and on and on and on (u get the picture!!) about how big i am! My bump is big yes, i've put on a stone which is well within the limit for my gest, yet apparently it's a massive deal that my bump is so big. So what?! Least i've got a lovely healthy baby inside it!!
Kandid how has your boss not sorted it? Like not given you support etc? My colleagues are good at my work with helping lifting etc, but i refuse to do it ! Why should i? I'm on a crap wage and it's not worth it!

I was out for 3 days with a migraine last week it was just horrible! My partner actually phoned 999 because i woke up at 3am in the morn and was trying to tell him how much pain i was in but my words were coming out all jumbled/random words!! He thought i was having a stroke or something. It was the most bizarre thing ever. Not had that before, normally i just get jazzy eyes.
When are you all starting maternity leave? I've got 16 weeks and counting...!

My OH felt our son at 23 weeks but I'm much flabbier than I was then, so hope it doesn't take too long for him to feel baby! :(

I am a LOT flabbier this time than with DS but my OH felt this one at 17 weeks! My midwife said my muscles feel like they're coming apart so not sure if that's why? She's a strong little baby though, some kicks hurt me already!!

Oh dear, hope it was a one off sobroody, that must have been scary. 'jazzy eyes' did make me laugh though! :wacko:
Has everyone settled on names? Me and DH are thinking of swapping one of the first names we love for something rarer but that we still really like. What would you do? Decisions, decisions...

Hehe :) It wasn't a one off but definitley the worse one so far! I think we are settled on Eloise although i've still got my eye out for other names just in case! Need a middle name - i like Grace. Just want to name her now though so i can start calling bump that name! DS had a different name from 20 weeks to 30 weeks as we picked one then changed our minds!
Ooo i'm unsure what i'd do in your situation as i'm so indecisive! Maybe go with the one that goes best with the other name you've got picked for the other twin? Are you keeping your names quiet ?

I really like Eloise, I've only ever met one.
Thinking about making Charlie, an 'Albie' instead as it's Charlie is so popular. I had another 4 girls in my year at school with my name and it drove me crazy.

having a hard time to find a boys name i like

Thanks ladies nice to know it wasnt just my *hormones* ha!
Were calling our little girl Amelia Lilian (Lilian was my grandmothers name) Amelia has been top of the girls name list for the last few years in the uk which puts me off it abit but theres no other name we both love and I only know 1 other Amelia/Emilia/Amelie. Id have Lilian (Lily) as a first name which DH really likes but he prefers Amelia.
Im starting mat leave 23rd Dec but because Ive had months off sick I still have all my holidays to take at work so hoping to take some time off in oct and then 4weeks before mat leave so hopefully finish 25th nov! So exciting to think were far enough along now to be planning these things!

I think I'm leaning back to Charlie again today lol I don't want to be one of those people that decide after their babies are born.
Amelia is nice too, its a shame we can't stop everyone else using our names :p

Cherry i LOVE the name Albie! My friend called her son that, he's 6 months old. I was a bit gutted that i didn't come across it for my son !
Lola i like all of those names, my fav is Amelie, it would prob be on my list but it's awful with the surname! I know 2 Amelia's - there was only one at my school and someone i know has named her daughter that which is why it's out of my list lol.
I know some ppl don't name their baby till after they're born as they might not 'look like a...' but IMO babies grow into their name. I could never imagine my son being called something else now.

Thankyou, think we might roadtest Albie, refer to him as that and see if it feels right. Lol I don't understand what people mean when they say that either, how can a baby be born looking like a specific name!?
Congrats to those whose v day it is today x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->