Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

I love love love Albie <3 and Amelia, that was on our list of girls name, second only to Lily!
I think we're settled on Oliver, although for some reason, I've referred to him in my head as Sam more than once?! I think I'm going mental LOL! Michael is going to be the middle name, after OHs late uncle. I like Daniel and James though (my uncles name was James but we all called him Uncle Dan lol), but since we've already got one memorial name, I don't think we need another for this baby! Plus, OH wanted Michael as the first name and I've had to really fight to get it to the middle name :/

:) I literally like every name in this thread, december is gonna have some well named babies. You could go with Oliver Michael Sam?

Tbh, I don't even really see the point of a middle name - it just won't get used, by us at least. I think maybe if we have another dude it can be a Sam :)

My poor son is lumbered with 2 middle names which i think WHY DID I DO THAT to him :( So i want to make sure this ones nice. I would like to go after family but i don't like any of their names haha!! I like my mums name as a middle name and that would go lovely but it really doesn't go with the surname.
Does anyone elses bump 'hurt' ?! Mine is so heavy!!! And however i sit it aches. Its just so big i honestly don't know how on earth i'm going to get through 16 more weeks of growth lol x

yes im really feeling the bump ache, can feel it stretching now, getting to that uncomfortable stage! our baby girl is going to be Holly Mae, i wanted something to reflect her being born at christmas but nothing too weird so we're going with Holly, although had i been having a boy it wouldve been Ben, not christmassy at all! but there were no nice christmas names for a boy, and i really didnt want a Noel or a Jesus!

We have no idea on names, we are both really fussy!

Anyone else had really inappropriate comments about their pregnancy yet?!

I'm surprised that I haven't had any comments about a December due date yet. I bet they'll come closer to the end of my pregnancy. So far I haven't had any inappropriate comments, except two strangers (both were cashiers at stores and at different times) telling me that I should be done having kids now that I have a boy and a girl. I'm always polite, but come on - what makes you think you can tell someone when they're done, and why base it 100% on gender? Their faces when I tell them that we plan on 2-4 more are always funny though!

I don't think Dec babies are in any way cruel, I'm gonna have 2 of them after all but we have said from being pregnant with ds1 that if he wants to have his birthday on his half birthday instead when he's older he can if he wants to break up the gifts and stuff.
I've done a crazy week at work, def over did it cos I felt so I'll on Friday - won't be doing that again :-(

That's an interesting idea, to have it on their half birthday! I don't think I'd be able to do that, as it would fall around my daughter's birthday party then, but interesting idea. I think he will be born around the 18-20th, but when we do parties I plan to have them in the first week of December or so. Far enough away to separate it from all the Christmas parties but close enough where it still works.

Has everyone settled on names? Me and DH are thinking of swapping one of the first names we love for something rarer but that we still really like. What would you do? Decisions, decisions...

We've been settled for months and have been calling this baby Will since we found out. My husband picked it out, and while I wasn't crazy at all about it before, it's actually grown a lot on me and I've become really attached to it. It really feels like his name. My favorite boy name is Vincent Atticus, which DH agreed to use next time. I tried calling this baby by that name and it just didn't fit! He clearly is not my Vincent.

I know some ppl don't name their baby till after they're born as they might not 'look like a...' but IMO babies grow into their name. I could never imagine my son being called something else now.

I really never understood that idea. To me, a squishy baby looks like most other squishy newborn babies. They change so drastically. I don't think they really look like any certain name as a newborn, and if they did, with how much they change there's no telling if they'd still look like that name. We choose what we feel in our heart as the perfect name and what just feels right and stick with that.

yes im really feeling the bump ache, can feel it stretching now, getting to that uncomfortable stage! our baby girl is going to be Holly Mae, i wanted something to reflect her being born at christmas but nothing too weird so we're going with Holly, although had i been having a boy it wouldve been Ben, not christmassy at all! but there were no nice christmas names for a boy, and i really didnt want a Noel or a Jesus!

We were going to do a Christmasy/wintery middle name had this been a girl. She was going to be Cecelia Snow and we were going to call her Cece Snow. But now that it's a boy, there's no Christmasy name. I just don't like boy Christmas names!

I like the name Holly, esp for a Dec girl. I like all the names you guys are using, just need to choose one for our bub now :)

if i was having a girl i had a couple names ready but dince this will b my 4th boy im super stuck

How's everyone doing? I'm having a bad week with HG again and feeling sorry for myself ha! Only been back at work a few weeks and off sick again feel really guilty about it but they sent me home so atleast I tried to go in!

How's everyone doing? I'm having a bad week with HG again and feeling sorry for myself ha! Only been back at work a few weeks and off sick again feel really guilty about it but they sent me home so atleast I tried to go in!

Awwww bless you, at least you did try going in. I've been lucky to not get ms. But I did get a stomach bug last week and that knocked me for six. So it must be awful for you. I've just started getting leg cramps and back ache. Which are annoying me, woke up with leg cramp this morning shouted fr my OH to help and I'm sure he thought baby was coming he jumped out of bed and said ' what do we need to do? ' he was relieved when I said it was cramps ( plonker) xx:hugs:

Don't feel bad Lola, its beyond your control, enjoy your rest.
I can sympathise with the leg cramping at night, it can be pretty intense at times lol

How's everyone feeling? I've just realised some of you will be heading into third tri this week, it's crazy how fast time has gone! My bump seems to be growing quickly now and it's getting increasingly difficult picking things off the floor or standing for a long time.

Bimey lola really feel for you :(
I am ok, have been doing babys nursery this week as im getting far too fat so dont want to leave it much longer!!
Feeling really down about weight gain as i feel such an elephant and nothing fits me ! My bump is actually massive, someone i know put her full term bump pic on fb yesterday (she actually had the baby this morning!) and it was the same size as mine!! I nearly cried hahaha.
Went maternity clothes shopping but all of the stores only sell maternity stuff online! What good is that?! Need to try things on.
How is everyone else?
My pram was supposed to be coming around 1st sept so i got all excited for that but now theyve said it could be another 2 weeks :'( i know i dont need it yet but i just want to play with it lol x

Yeah, 27 weeks is third tri so this coming Sunday for me :)
I got my new pram delivered a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't going to get it out of the box but thought I'd better check it was all ok (which it was). It's not a novelty for me though, we've already had a few different ones so it's more just figuring out how it all goes together, folds down etc.

My bump seems massive now too, I have no idea how big I'm going to be by the time he decides to make an apperance (late November at the earliest though please baby!)

I moved over to 3rd tri yesterday @ 27 weeks. We put our crib together last night and the nursery is finally coming along.

im glad im not the only one wanting to be organised! I want the baby girls room organised before she arrives ie cot up and bedding on, dresser and changing top ready etc which I think is pretty normal? I know I still have 15weeks to go and im not saying I want it done this week but whats wrong with wanting it ready before she arrives? Main problem is my in-laws! They are lovely and are giving us a cot they have but are reluctant to actually hand it over until october I think which is ok but its an american sized cot so everytime I mention looking for a mattress or measuring it to double check its size so we can look/order one im told I dont need to bother with that for another year etc etc its driving me mad! I just think its nice to have the nursery set up ready for baby I think especially as a FTM its exciting and nice to do?
Also with baby being due around christmas Id like all big things ordered by october so can start planning christmas in nov and then no stress in dec if she comes early or im unwell etc

I keep meaning to do the nursery, but then when I'm settled on the sofa I just think "Well, we won't be using it for nearly a year, so if it needs to wait unt after Xmas, it can!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->